Free Member
Dec 25, 2007
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
"Since 2005"
Just got back home,had a great week. Brian & Suzy have been terific hosts, been well fed and watered, great company, nice to put faces to names. Thanks to Brian & Suzy, Theupmarkethippie (Shane) for getting the gas. thanks to the guy who pulled us out of the mud (sorry name escapes me,)its an age thing and you know who you are.:Smile::Smile::Smile::Smile:

Once again thanks Brian & Suzy

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
New Year GIG

Just got home, having travelled at 15mph for 15 miles in the snow. Us wimps need to go to Switzerland I think for a spell, lol.
And what a GIG it was, all five days we were there. a huge THANKS from Jean, Millie and myself to Bryan and Suzy for an absolute fab breakfast, company and keeping Millie warm and dry while we put everything together.
Thanks especially to Haganap (Paul and Nicky) for solving the problem of why we had no heating for 30 hours. The company we bought the van off had put on a Gas Regular on the bottle when there was already one on the bulkhead. We would never have sussed that out for sure.
To all the new friends we made and the old (sorry, youngish) friends we have met before thanks for the great company.
Just had a report from NASA that a UFO was sighted over Nantwich on New Years Eve. Actually it was a MotorhomeFun Chienese Lantern that went on forever. Global warming was the order of the night when Shane decided to warm up the sky with paraffin ignited from his mouth.
Brilliant time, see some of you again hopefully in February at the Valentine's do in Scunthorpe. Haganap, have a great time Skiing next month.
Best wishes, Graham, Jean & Millie

staging lady

Free Member
Nov 12, 2007
North Wales in the Hills
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
6 years but caravan owner in past
Just got back after unloading and draining down the old girl- Frankia- not me and fighting the snow up the lane.
We had a wonderful meet. ::bigsmile: Like JaG it was great to meet old and new friends.

What super hosts Bryan and Suzy are. From the mulled wine ( innocent looking but lethal slur slur) and Christmas cake to the fantastic cooked breakfast Bryan Suzy and Pamela fed us on New year's day, everything went with a swing. Many thanks for all your time and hard work, you are stars.:thumb:

Thanks to Nikki and Paul (Haganap) who sorted out our lack of heating ,too, by giving us one of his fuses and spent hours in the dark with our green but ineffective wind up torch :Doh:looking at fuse boxes. Also fetching us a new battery and petrol for the jenny.
Have a great time in France skiing!::bigsmile:
Thanks to to Cheynne for towing us onto the field to a great spot and for the fire swallowing. :Eeek:
We had a fantastic relaxing and lazy time- just what the doctor ordered!:Smile:
Lucille

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
well what can I say?

a fantastic meet and a huge thank you to Bryan & Suzy. You guys really know how to put a meet on and we have a lot to look up to when we are next at Wrenbury.

Great to see the NewYear in with some like minded people. Sorry I did not get to se everyone we know as each time we meet we seem to meet more people.

So Thanks again everyone and Im going to post some pics up now.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
nice photo's paul....shame we couldnt make it.
looks more fun than our night. :cry:

i see bryan and suzy's burger van was doing a roaring trade as usual. :ROFLMAO:

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
Photos

Fabulous photos Paul. Not a stone left unturned.

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
Great photos of the Funsters doing what they do best....having Fun.
Thanks for sharing them with us.

Brisey

Hycon

Free Member
Oct 6, 2008
N.E Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
just starting
Another thank you to Brian & Suzy and all the other helpers (breakfast etc) that made it shuch a successful New Year Meet .Also thanks to all the other Funsters that made us so welcome :Smile: Sid & Denny

weekenders

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2008
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 years
Well what a brilliant first "funstars"New year meet,
It was well organised by Bryan and Suzy with something happening everyday if you wanted to join in.
Thanks Bryan and Suzy for the Mulled wine, coffee and mince pies.
And thanks for the towing into place and the towing off site on saturday, you know who you are.
Hope to see you all soon, will be putting our names down for the Valentine meet.

PS brilliant photo's Paul :thumb:

Cavendish

Free Member
Aug 10, 2008
England
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since September 2008
Love to see the photos. Shame we missed another excellent meet but didn't think we'd cope for a week with our puppy. :cry: We haven't been away since Upton Barn in October and starting to get awful withdrawal symptoms. :cry: We're going to try our luck and take Cav away on a few close to home weekenders. Hopefully prepare him ready for two weeks at Easter. :Smile:

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Just got in and first set of washing in the machine:shout:

I had a fun ride back in my 4 X 4 wit me van behind::bigsmile::winky:

Suzy and Bryan just keep getting dem dar meets better and better and even down to buying a new RV with safari room so we could meet up.

Suzy is as usual the HOSTESS WITH THE MOSTESS:winky:

Brilliant:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb: :thumb:

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
We reached our destination without a hitch and will stay on this campsite near Oxford for a couple of days, then head back to Suffolk and back to work on the 6th.

Nigel and I would also like to thank Brian and Suzy for making it another great New Year bash, we look forward to next years, if we are still in the country.

A lot of us certainly got withdrawal symptoms from not being able to connect to the internet, 3 & T Mobile signals were almost non-existent.

It was nice to meet so many new (to us) funsters, and hopefully it won't be too long before we meet some of you again.

Just trawled through the photos Paul, it's good to see us enjoying ourselves, thanks for reminding us what a good time we had.:thumb::thumb:

Nigel and Pamala

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
New Year Meet Thanks Bryan and Suzy

:RollEyes:Thanks Bryan and Suzy for yet again another first class new year meet, the standard just gets better and better
New state of the art catering equipment meant a FULL English breakfast for all on New years day, instead of the usual Bacon butties, courtesy of Suzy (Master Chef) ably assisted by the best egg cooker Ive ever met Pamala (Sundowners)

The new years celebrations were not at all dampened by the very cold and sometimes wet weather

New year was celebrated to well past 1AM
entertainment was by way of a 3 man group from Liverpool until midnight and an cleverly executed Fire eating display (he still had a beard at the end) and Chinese's lantern launch from Shane (Upmarket Hippy):thumb:

Thanks also due to Paul and Nicky (hagermaps) for a Lpg gas and Petrol delivery service second to non
With petrol @£45 a gallon and a 13Kg cylinder @£195 delivered new years eve I thought the prices fair Paul, just ignore the moaners:Blush:
great party atmosphere all week with good pub beer and excellent food we couldn't really go wrong
looking forward to next year already
Sorry I wasn't as socially active as normal (Man Flue):Eeek: thanks to Chris (Tick59s) better half for the drugs that made it bearable:thumb: (never tried "E" before):Eeek:
Just for the record after the marathon cook in this week, Pammy has decided on a continental breakfast for all at the Valentine meet, you may have Jam or Butter on yer croissants not both and of course the orange juice will be dilute:Doh:
you could of course bring your own cornflakes and ill warm em up on the cadac:thumb:
Happy and prosperous new year to all
Geo
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited:

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Just notice the piccy Paul.:thumb:

Thanks for being kind with me:winky::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
Safely home

Just got in and first set of washing in the machine:shout:

I had a fun ride back in my 4 X 4 wit me van behind::bigsmile::winky:

Suzy and Bryan just keep getting dem dar meets better and better and even down to buying a new RV with safari room so we could meet up.

Suzy is as usual the HOSTESS WITH THE MOSTESS:winky:

Brilliant:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb: :thumb:
Glad you both got home safe and sound.
Regards Graham & Jean

ehuplad

Free Member
Feb 9, 2009
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Hobby 600
Exp
Would also like to thank Suzy and Bryan for another great meet, they have organised.

We all had a wonderfull time and as usual suzy excelled with food and hospitallity,

We met some wonderful people and after saying we would struggle to reach midnight new years eve, due to been to tired, the great fun had by all saw us still in the pub until after 3 am.

Thanks again Suzy and Bryan for making the end of the year such a good one. :thumb::thumb:

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Glad you both got home safe and sound.
Regards Graham & Jean

Many thanks and what a great bunch of funsters there were:thumb:

Don't mention paper planes though:Doh::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Family Guy

Free Member
Nov 20, 2007
runcorn
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
since 2001
a very big thank you to
brian and r suzy for the all the effort that you guys put into makeing this a meet to remember nothing was to mutch trouble brian with his clip board , and suzy,s chuck wagon,kept us all fed and watered thanks again
also thanks to paul(hagnap) for his petrol/lpg runs,blisters for returning r jake (dog) when he went on walkabout
and thanks to every 1 for a smashin meet hope to see you at the next 1
eddie,di, olivia,kieran:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Great to meet up with you again Eddie & your family :thumb:

I love the stories of your life :thumb:

Last edited:

Patrick

Free Member
Nov 18, 2007
Liverpool
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2 year....Love it!
A very big THANK YOU! Suzy & Bryan for a really wonderful meet!

We had a great time all week!

Special thank's to you guys for helping me sort out my gas problem!

Jan N Pat

thefman

Free Member
Sep 4, 2007
notts
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
since 2000
thanks Brian and Suzie great company as always :thumb:
geat to see friends old and new thanks to Paul for helping me get some gas top man:thumb:

mark n Linda

Blisters

Free Member
Apr 2, 2008
Stoke on Trent
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
March 2006
Huge thanks to Bryan and Suzy for a brilliant meet.

Enjoyed your company and had loads of laughs. :ROFLMAO::Eeek:::bigsmile:

Can't wait for the next one.

Bryan

Free Member
Jul 19, 2007
Funster No
Hi all ::bigsmile:

Well we are well and truly back, I've even managed a days work today :ROFLMAO:

We had a fabulous time, despite arriving with a green and white umbrella doing an impression of a camos dome - due to a sky light deciding to part company with the RV whilst coming up the M6 (if you see it on your travels, do me a favour and pick it up, a new one costs a fotune to ship from America:ROFLMAO:)

Thanks for all your kind comments ::bigsmile: but it was a team effort and special thanks go to the following (in no particular order)...

Sundowners - Pamala for cooking gorgeous eggs at the New Years day breakfast and Nigel for filling and restarting my generator whilst I was out & about. They also provided a great football quiz and prize which Blisters Graham won (hope you gave the prize to Kay, Graham as she must have won it for you:winky:)

Tick59 - Chris made some very tasty soup which warmed us all up nicely.

JaG - Jean for cutting & buttering the buns for the breakfast on New Years Day and Graham for bringing across his brand new superser heater to warm up the safari room.

Geo - Brought across his gas bottle for our cadac for the New Years Day breakfast

Upmarkethippy - Cheyne's fire-breathing was breath taking, literally!

Weekenders - Their chinese lantern was launched as part of the New Years Eve celebrations and can still be seen in a low orbit if you look carefully.

Family Guy - Eddie brought his patio heater and gas bottle and it helped to keep us warm for the mince pies and coffee each morning.

ehuplad - Mike helped me pack up our RV and move it to higher ground in the pouring rain on Saturday so that we wouldn't have any problems getting off the site on Sunday.

Various Funsters - For helping other funsters by towing them ONTO the field in slippy conditions and towing some off if they needed it

Haganap - Paul for his gas, petrol and battery runs to keep the fusnters going

Blisters - For inviting us over to enjoy a drink and a mince pie (pies were homemade and courtesy of Runrig).

ALL the funsters that came - For making this meet the best one yet...There was a real community feel to the whole week; Loads of funsters helping each other out, popping into each others vans etc. it was fab. It just goes to show that a club like ours is all about it's members. Everyone just got on with enjoying themselves and everybody pitched in. We had a skylight ripped off, other funsters suffered battery problems, gas problems, awning damage, broken step and they are just the issues I know about - and yet these things did not dampen anyones spirit. What a great club this is and what great members we have.

Suzy & I hope you all enjoyed it - we most certainly did. Thanks for the cards and gifts, unexpected and unneccessary as they were, they are warmly appreciated. :Smile:

Already looking forward to our next outing. Rv has been emptied, gas re-filled, list of jobs drawn up :ROFLMAO:

So thanks to all you funsters that came - it made our New Year.
Fancy doing it again in a few months time? :ROFLMAO:

Bryan & Suzy

Link Removed

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back