New Year Meet 2008/2009 - Grantham (1 Viewer)

Bryan

Free Member
Jul 19, 2007
Funster No
For the last couple of years Suzy and I have spent our New Years at meets and they have been two of the best New Years we have had! ::bigsmile:

So we thought we'd put up a meet to ensure that we have a great time again this year!

We are going to have it at the same venue as last year:

The Rutland Arms and Dirty Duck Caravan Site
Woolsthorpe by Belvoir
Grantham
Lincolnshire
NG32 1NY

01476 870111

Click Here for Campsite Details

£15.00 per night including electric hookup and hardstanding

Anyone wishing to book can do so by calling the pub on 01476 870111 or you can send me a PM and I will sort it for you.

I have provisionally booked seats for a New Years Dinner. The cost is just £19.95 per head and the menu can be seen below. If you wish to attend the meal then please let me know so I can add you to the list.

We plan to arrive Monday 29th December and depart Friday 2nd January.
You can extend your stay either side of these dates as you wish.

If you do book with the site directly, please mention MotorhomeFun when booking to ensure that you are pitched with the group.

After booking please reply to this thread and I will add you to the list of attendees.

Hope to see you there!
Suzy & Bryan

(and if you check out my signature you can find a link to my blog about what happened at last years New Year Meet at the Dirty Duck :thumb:)

Current List of Attendees:

Link Removed

Attachments

• Dirty Duck Menu 2008.jpg
    Dirty Duck Menu 2008.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 526

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
If we are here, then I will go, but if we are here, I will be so miserable I might not be good company:roflmto:

OP
OP
Bryan

Bryan

Free Member
Jul 19, 2007
Funster No
I can see what you're doing Jim:winky:

You're trying to sound out Sian about NOT selling up and sodding off to the continent so that you don't miss out on what is sure to be a FANTASTIC meet, just like last year:ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

RuthRv

Free Member
Jan 4, 2008
Funster No
same here we are hoping to be in spain but won't know til later this month, like Jim i prefer to be in the warm sun, if it doesn't come off then me and Jim can sulk together at new year at grantham:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
ruth

Pammy

Funster
Aug 3, 2007
Mansfield
Funster No
MH
AUTOTRAIL CHEYENNE
Exp
3 years
Hi Bryan

Please add Geo and myself to the list please.

Dinner too as well.

Pammy

OP
OP
Bryan

Bryan

Free Member
Jul 19, 2007
Funster No
Thanks for the PM Rory, I've now added you to the list :thumb:

Anybody else want to join us for New Year?

L

Lindy-C

Deleted User
Its Christmas in Jamaica for us this year.......doubt we'll be over the jet-lag in time to make it :roflmto:

bigal

Free Member
Feb 11, 2008
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
10 months
new year grantham meet

Hi Bryan & Suzy
Pat and I would love to join you all. Please put us down for the meet and dinner.
Thanks
Al:Smile:

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Sadly from now on wont be able make the New Years meets:cry::cry::cry:

Last edited:

FRANKIA ONE

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
MORECAMBE
Funster No
MH
FRANKIA A CLASS
Exp
8 YEARS
John & Judy Steel

DEAR SUZY AND BRYAN
WE HAVE BOOKED FOR THE RUTLAND ARMS FOR THE NEW YEAR WE ALSO WISH TO HAVE DINNER. WE ARE NEW TO ANY SORT OF RALLIES OR MEETS ,ALTHOUGH WE HAVE BEEN MOTORCARAVANERS FOR ABOUT 8 YEARS. BEFORE MOTORHOMES WE HAD CARAVANS FOR 20 PLUS YEARS. WE WERE LOOKING FOR SOMETHING DIFFERENT TO DO FOR THE NEW YEAR WHEN I CAME UPON YOUR WEBSITE. iT SOUNDS FUN AND WE ARE LOOKING FOREWARD TO ATTENDING THE MEET AND HAVING A:ROFLMAO:
SEE YOU THERE
JOHN&JUDY

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
DEAR SUZY AND BRYAN
WE HAVE BOOKED FOR THE RUTLAND ARMS FOR THE NEW YEAR WE ALSO WISH TO HAVE DINNER. WE ARE NEW TO ANY SORT OF RALLIES OR MEETS ,ALTHOUGH WE HAVE BEEN MOTORCARAVANERS FOR ABOUT 8 YEARS. BEFORE MOTORHOMES WE HAD CARAVANS FOR 20 PLUS YEARS. WE WERE LOOKING FOR SOMETHING DIFFERENT TO DO FOR THE NEW YEAR WHEN I CAME UPON YOUR WEBSITE. iT SOUNDS FUN AND WE ARE LOOKING FOREWARD TO ATTENDING THE MEET AND HAVING A:ROFLMAO:
SEE YOU THERE
JOHN&JUDY

You'll love the relaxed atmosphere it great. Do as much or little as you like. I am gutted I cant make it:Doh::cry::cry::cry:

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Cant believe it the care home will have dad, said it as a joke and they said no problem.

This is really brilliant new for me.:rollonfloor::rollonfloor::rollonfloor: :rollonfloor:

Do I book direct cant remember.

Last edited:

Suzy

Funster
Jul 19, 2007
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
John, ring up and book it in and I will add you to the list!

Good news indeed, we had a great time last year didn't we ::bigsmile:

OP
OP
Bryan

Bryan

Free Member
Jul 19, 2007
Funster No
DEAR SUZY AND BRYAN
SEE YOU THERE
JOHN&JUDY

Hi John and Judy,

Great first post, good to hear a little about you and fantastic that you wil be joining us for the New Year bash :thumb:

When you phoned the Rutland Arms, did you mention that you are with MotorhomeFun? I'll be contacting them nearer the time and tying up the details of the attendees.

And in case you (or anyone else) is interested in just what goes on at a MotorhomeFun meet, Link Removed to read what happened at our New Year meet last year :Eeek:

Best Regards
Bryan

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
hi suzy and bryan.

gonna ring and book tomorrow after work and not wanting to be left out we will be having the new years meal.
we should arrive sometime before new year and leave sometime after, maybe :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

seriously....tuesday afternoon 'til friday sometime.

john.

OP
OP
Bryan

Bryan

Free Member
Jul 19, 2007
Funster No
Cheers John, I've added you and Shirl to the list and we look forward to seeing you there :thumb:

The current attendees are:

Current List of Attendees:

Bryan & Suzy
Geo & Pammy
Forestboy (Rory & Jan)
Frankia One (John & Judy)
Roadrunner (John)
Pappajohn (John & Shirl)

So if anyone else wants to join the fun, read the thread, book, and let us know ::bigsmile:

RuthRv

Free Member
Jan 4, 2008
Funster No
Hi Bryan,
no spain so can you add tony & ruth to the list, (wll ring and book tomorrow) and we want dinner too please.:thumb:
ruth

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
rang and booked today.......Eric at the rutland is trying to contact you,
re: new years menu but he cant find your email address.

john.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Bryan

Bryan

Free Member
Jul 19, 2007
Funster No
rang and booked today.......Eric at the rutland is trying to contact you,
re: new years menu but he cant find your email address.

john.

Cheers John :thumb:

Hi Bryan,
no spain so can you add tony & ruth to the list, (wll ring and book tomorrow) and we want dinner too please.:thumb:
ruth

Hi Ruth, I've added you both to the list as well as JockandRita who pm'd me. :thumb:

The attendee list is growing fast now so why don't you all check out the entry in the calendar and check the link in my signature to see what we got upto last year :Blush:

Bryan

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Put us on the list Bry, but be warned if the house market picks up considerably we might not be there:RollEyes: Looking forward to it already::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

OP
OP
Bryan

Bryan

Free Member
Jul 19, 2007
Funster No
Put us on the list Bry, but be warned if the house market picks up considerably we might not be there:RollEyes: Looking forward to it already::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

Duly added - I've assumed you wanted adding for the meal too? If that's wrong. let me know :thumb:

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How on earth do you get Eric?

God knows how many calls that is now:Doh::RollEyes:

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Hi John.rang once and got eric first time:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: the pub was open though so maybe he was having a wee dram:Smile:
ruth

I always rung at open times mainly evening but he evaded me:Doh::cry:

All done now thankfully::bigsmile::thumb:

I wanna look in the new bus then:winky:

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
We would like to join you all for the new years do. We would also like to book in for the meal. Just tried to ring Eric to book in, but no answer, will try again later this evening.
Nigel and Pamala

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back