Free Member
Jun 22, 2016
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Still looking
Exp
Hi, we've just joined the group.
After many years with caravans we are looking to buy our first Motorhome but only have a budget of up to £9000.
Just looked at the ' for sale ' thread on here but can't see how to narrow it down to price or location.
It's taking an age to look in each one and most are way over our budget.
Have I missed something ?

?

Deleted User
Try Gumtree mate. There will be lots in your area. Even if you got a converted van as a starter. Just make sure you look over the engine and running gear as much as the interior.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
:hiya::welcomesign:You'll find something if you keep at it don't be disheartened good luck and enjoy.

Upvote 0

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Welcome. I dont think you can filter on the Fun classifieds..
Ebay, Gumtree and pre-loved plus if your on Facebook there are several motorhome selling groups.

BUT.... Be very careful of scams. NEVER pay any cash up front unless you have been to see the van at the owners home or a dealers place of business... Good luck.

Upvote 0
Jul 28, 2008
Wiltshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Ducato Sportivo
Exp
Since 2005! 2000+ nights so far...
Always look on ebay - easy to filter price and location and give you an idea. Most in that price range will be classified ads so hassle free really. We sold ours that way.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Daisy 57

Daisy 57

Free Member
Jun 22, 2016
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Still looking
Exp
Thanks everyone, we have looked on eBay , preloved and gumtree and local papers, Facebook etc but nothing so far to suit without a long drive to look at it .
We are possibly expecting a bit much to find what we want within a two hour drive.
Lots of scams on eBay and gumtree but we are quite savvy so hopefully will sieve them out.
I just got so excited when I saw the ads on here but just a shame you can't see price without actually going into each ad.

Upvote 0
?

Deleted User
Hover over the advert title before opening it should pop up with a few lines of the content. If your lucky it may show the price but 9k will still get a lot of van. A friend wanted one just for long weekends in the UK. She a nice Talbot based van on gumtree, Bought it blind apart from the pictures what was in surprisingly better condition that what it was advertised. £3k delivered with full MOT.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Daisy 57

Daisy 57

Free Member
Jun 22, 2016
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Still looking
Exp
Hover over the advert title before opening it should pop up with a few lines of the content. If your lucky it may show the price but 9k will still get a lot of van. A friend wanted one just for long weekends in the UK. She a nice Talbot based van on gumtree, Bought it blind apart from the pictures what was in surprisingly better condition that what it was advertised. £3k delivered with full MOT.

Thanks, that sounds a bargain.
Will keep looking, it's all quite exciting , will be a big change , can't wait to get started !

Upvote 0
?

Deleted User
I am not saying buy this mate just an example of what can be done with a self build. See the sink/cooker unit all this is a pre made kit you can buy easy enough. Had that seat/bed been double and the van not a cat C that had potential. Take away the garage area and have the bench seat/bed along the back doors. Might leave 12" for some storage shelving. Lots of space for two. Pop in a drop down table, bin the 1/2 bulkhead and put in swivel seat bases its almost good to go.

Upvote 0

teddybard

Free Member
Aug 21, 2012
warwickshire
Funster No
MH
c
Exp
5 years
Welcome & good luck: ours is for sale but a tad expensive for your budget .
Best Wishes
Roger & Sheila

Upvote 0
Feb 4, 2016
West Sussex, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B680 Starline
Exp
Long term a few years now.
:welcome4: Well worth subscribing its only £15. You will save that amount many times over in advice alone (y)

Upvote 0
Dec 2, 2019
West Somerset
Funster No
MH
Autosleepers Clubman
Exp
Since Nov 2018
Having been ‘without’ for a couple of years I have recently gone through a new purchase on a limited budget (£15k) and have posted on a different thread about a website to avoid…

I very nearly, stupidly, tried to buy a non-existent MH. The consensus on that thread is that the whole thing is a scam.

You say you are savvy and I thought I was, but I only just twigged at the last minute. Easy to see the red flags in hindsight but when you are chasing what appears to be a bargain you get careless. Be very careful!

I found Facebook Marketplace the best, and try to deal with a private seller, dealers are really upping the prices. With what is currently a very low budget (a small fortune in my books!) you are down in the bargain basement of older vehicles. On these please place as much importance on the state of the vehicle as on the habitation is offers. A comfy bed with a dodgy mot is a disaster waiting to happen.

Happy hunting…. consider Autosleepers.

Upvote 0

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
This may bea 6 year old thread, but the same is still true today. If it looks cheap, ask yourself why. Nobody gives away thousands of pounds and there are huge numbers of scammers about

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back