New Wildax (1 Viewer)

Jun 25, 2008
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Since 2007
We have just collected our Wildax Constellation from the makers in Elland after waiting since we ordered it in Febuary. We sold our Burstner in April as we didn't want to end up having trouble selling it now. I didn't realise how much i would miss the van all through the summer months. We love the Wildax and can't wait to get away in it. Any one know of the Wildax Owners club and the address to join.

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
Hi.
Go onto the "Wildax" web page,and i think there is a reference to "Wildax owners club",then it should be straightforward.
However!!
If this fails,and before you can get you the correct people,i may have been able to give you proper connections. We have a Wildax Europa........ Love it.
Tea Bag

OP
OP
L
Jun 25, 2008
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Since 2007
Hi Teabag pleased you like your Europa , are you a member of the owners club.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 27, 2012
Rushden, Northants
Funster No
MH
Wildax Constellation
Exp
11 years
We have had our Constellation for 5 years now, and have been extremely pleased with it. Also members of the owners group and have attended some of the meets they have, really good to meet other owners, hopefully we may meet you at some time.

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
Hi.
Love it to bits,our first unit was a Timberland Endeavour,on a Renault Master with the big lump in it,the Renault bit was superb,but lots of hassle with the rest. This was traded in for an Autosleeper Broadway,(EK?),on a Peugeot........ That went away quick,enter Wildax Europa,Renault Master proper..Inside ,really well put together back up from ALL at Elland faultless.When it was coming near to the delivery date,we had to get across to Portugal quickly,Duncan arranged to have it ready at short notice,but in doing so,said the proper GPL tank had not arrived,would we accept the smaller Gpl tank to get on with and he would fit the bigger one,"Whenever"LOL, we were back in England. This year,a year later,we let them know we were coming,it was booked in to suit us,tanks changed over,it disappeared for a few moments and came back with a full tank of Gpl.
Only one fault.For years my mantra was, " There is no substitute for power!". My spurs have been hung up a few years now,and the first wife has endured miles/hours,of white knuckle trips around,so,against ALL my inner voices/intuition,i let her sway me into speccing the 130 engine. There is nothing wrong with this lump,..really..it scoots along easily at French motorway speeds,(And above),it is when i challenge our,"Continental Cousins" in their Artics fully freighted in the Pyrenees that i wish i had not given in to the fact.... How did she put it?. Oh yes," You don't have anymore deliveries for Yesterday,plus you are one of the O'er 'till mob now, (Old Fart to you)" And had the 150!! Have another ? At the drop of a hat,it really is very nice,thanks to all at Elland.
Tea Bag (Capain to engine room...MORE POWER...)
PS. To be honest,when fighting for first place on the Pyrenees with a Continental Cousin and we are eyeball to eyeball,i sneak a quick look on the cab as to what lump he's got under the bonnet........ 500 PLUS !!!! WHAT!!,so the 150 might have been,"Game on" as well. Stay well,stay lucky

OP
OP
L
Jun 25, 2008
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Since 2007
Hi Jimbow , I have emailed the owners club for info on joining , yea it will be nice to meet you both both in the future. Pleased you like your van , have only heard mainly good comments re- Wildax.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Just tweeted them on a glaring spelling error repeated several times on their website! Sad I know but otherwise the MHs look OK apart from the awful fake wood finish on some of the models. But they aren't the only ones guilty of that. :)

OP
OP
L
Jun 25, 2008
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Since 2007
Hi Tea bag, I picked my Constellation up at the weekend and the hand over by Danny was excellent , It is reassuring to hear all the good reports about Wildax.

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Hope you enjoy the new van and I totally understand how you felt about missing van, our new one has been on order since July when we sold the last one and it's like missing a limb

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
We don't have an exact date just a rough one being the beginning to middle of December, they have told me I will get a delivery date this month.

It would be nice to have it for Xmas so we can get away for a few days, if it's a few weeks late though I won't get to upset.
I have it booked in with Eddie at Vanbitz for alarm, solar panel and other accessories for the middle of December so here's hoping I don't need to change the date.

OP
OP
L
Jun 25, 2008
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Since 2007
It won't be long now then , you'll never know until it's here! We are going to Devon for Xmas and New Year in the van. Are you going to stay down at Eddie vanbits for a few days after your van has been fitted out. Incidentally what sort of van have you got.

Kool Kroozer

Free Member
Apr 19, 2014
Cannock Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hobby Premium
Exp
Always learning
We went up to Wildax in Elland last week when they had an open day to have a look at the Solaris XL - We really have fell in love with it, the kit that comes with it as standard is superb - just gotta start saving now as there is a 8 months waiting period :cry::cry:

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
It won't be long now then , you'll never know until it's here! We are going to Devon for Xmas and New Year in the van. Are you going to stay down at Eddie vanbits for a few days after your van has been fitted out. Incidentally what sort of van have you got.
We have bought a Globecar/Possl Roadcruiser, we have bought it in Germnay so my plan is pick it up drive to Eddies and stay the night he does the work then drive home the next day as it will be on export plates until we register it with DVLA but thought it would be easier to pop into Eddie on way home to save a drive back down from Scotland.

PenelopePitstop

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 3, 2007
Royston Vasey and beyond!
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 1999
We've had our WildAx Aurora for 3 years now and love it!
There is a WildAx Owners Facebook Group.
I can't get on the Owners Group for some reason - I was on it but now my computer won't play nice . So now I use the Facebook Group.

OP
OP
L
Jun 25, 2008
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Since 2007
Very nice the Globecar gets very good reviews in the press, you will. Have saved a lot of money by buying it in Germany also. Hope it all goes well for you!

OP
OP
L
Jun 25, 2008
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Since 2007
We went up to Wildax in Elland last week when they had an open day to have a look at the Solaris XL - We really have fell in love with it, the kit that comes with it as standard is superb - just gotta start saving now as there is a 8 months waiting period :cry::cry:

OP
OP
L
Jun 25, 2008
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Since 2007
That's one good thing about buying a Wildax. Plenty of time to save up for it !

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
We have bought a Globecar/Possl Roadcruiser,

nice vans.. well designed, great finish and construction.. the time lapse video showing the construction is worth a view..
was considered one for ourselves but with Charlotte still coming with us for a few years , felt a PVC would be too cramped.. maybe in the future..

Apr 12, 2011
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
Burstner ixeo t 590
Exp
4yrs
Hi we brought a constellation in Aug 2013 it is a 59 plate and only had only done 5000 miles was going for a new kemerton but saveb £20,000 instead.Took it to Morocco hoping to go this yr. Only problem is we have lost the cruise control

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back