new weight plate and certificate of conformity (1 Viewer)

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
just received them this morning :thumb:

just one fly in the ointment.......my train weight has been reduced from 5500kg to 5200kg. :cry:

while Alko were investigating they discovered it had been set at the wrong weight during the chassis replacement.

so now the van has an official gross of 3850kg but the trailer limit has gone down to 1350kg from 1650kg :Sad:
still more than enough for the corsa toad though. :thumb:

next job...trip to DVLA Beverley.

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
There seem to be no end of combinations of mis-match.

As far as I can see my own current mis-match has not been covered in the advice.

My Arto was designed for Max 3850. My V5C states 3850kg and I am taxed as PHGV @ ÂŁ165 (Apr '09)

So far so good, however the plastic weight plate in the footwell read 3500kg, so I got N+B, the manufacturer, to issue a new plastic plate at 3850kg.

No problem there. However I still have a alloy plate under the bonnet stating Max 3500kg. I do not know if this was the Fiat original or if N+B fixed this when they decided to market the vehicle at 3500kg.

Do I need to :

1. Have a new alloy plate made to reflect the new plastic one

2. Remove the alloy plate

3. Ignore the alloy plate and refer any enquiring authority to the new plastic plate

It seems to me that all the UK authorities, DVLA, VOSA, certification agencies, Dept For Transport are pointing the finger at each other and that somebody needs to bang some heads together.

Prior to that maybe we need to do some research by stopping some Police Traffic Officers/Vosa Inspectors and asking them what they understand. SUGGEST WE DO IT IN PRIVATE CARS IN CASE WE EXPOSE OUR MHs TO RISK.

Any Thoughts or advise please?

Geoff

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
Glad to hear you all sorted now. It doesn't bear thinking about what if it had been highlighted in another way. I could not get it out of my head for three years we had been driving around thinking we were legal, if we had been in an accident or pulled over in france they would have threw the book at us. I do hope others on the forum take the time to check the paperwork and weight plates.

Kath Bill & Amanda

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
pappajohn

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
ignore the alloy plate but dont remove it...

fit the new plate over the original plastic one.

you have the revenue weight (3850kg) on your V5 and your road tax is correct so do nothing but change the plastic plate.

the replacement for mine is direct from Alko and is just a sticky back paper plate with a covering letter stating 'stick over existing Alko plate, get it positioned correctly first time as to try to remove it again will damage it and invalidate the plate'

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back