LIFE MEMBER
Mar 17, 2018
Kent
Funster No
MH
Hymer B664 CL
Exp
Since 2018
I like the van we have now as no beds to make up every night!

I also sit on the bed at the back to read with my back against a bulkhead and pillows used as armrests so it isn't wasted space as I once thought - also it's used to store stuff during the day (laptop, bedding etc)
That is exactly how we use ours…in fact I’m typing now perched on the rear bed with my back against the wall.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Sounds exactly the kind of set up that I'm looking for, as long as there would still be enough floor space for the dogs. Their tails never stop wagging and I don't want them bashing the ends because they can fling the blood an awful long way. Not that I'm a glass half-ful person but trying hard to avoid worst-case scenarios!

We took the supplied table out of ours (only use / take it if we need the third double bed so once in five years) and put it away safe. That gives a big space between the back travel seats and the front seats (when turned or not). We have a folding table similar this (but ours folds in the middle as well) and it's either folded down and put away when not in use and we can use it outside:

1626172291450.png

although there are lots of alternatives (someone had one that rolled up at one rally). That would give the dogs far more room.

I am seeing a mind picture of your dogs with home made tail guards so the ends of their tails look like clubs :) Oh, I just did a google search and you can get them for horses so why not dogs? Or maybe they are already available.

OP
OP
D
Jul 10, 2021
Norfolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato
Exp
Newbie to motorhomes but several years caravanning
That's a brilliant idea, thanks for that. I've looked at three berth MH's that seem to give that option.
Re the tail guards, no good I'm afraid as it would make their tails heavy and easily broken and I speak from years of experience on that score having had Irish Wolfhounds for over thirty years. Prevention is much easier than cure believe me. As long as my current dogs have got room to move about, (not on the move obviously, they'll be in travel harnesses then), they'll be fine. They're not manic all the time thank goodness, just a bit exuberant first thing in the morning and when they know they're going out for a walk.

OP
OP
D
Jul 10, 2021
Norfolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato
Exp
Hi Bexley, many thanks. :giggle:

DumfriesDik

Free Member
Nov 22, 2020
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740GJ
Exp
Hello and welcome. You seem to be well advanced with your research, I hope you find what you are looking for, well done.

OP
OP
D
Jul 10, 2021
Norfolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato
Exp
I don't know about well advanced but I'm spending a lot of (probably way too much) time on Motorhome Fun and the forums, trying to get as many tips and learn as much as I possibly can and look at loads of different MH's before I decide what I'd like to buy when the time is right (i.e. when I've got the money). I've now got a long list of things I know I don't want but I'm fast realising I'll have to manage my expectations, let alone my desires. It's a steep learning curve.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back