New videos of VERTEUIL SUR CHARENTE and GASTES Aires (1 Viewer)

Easyliving

Free Member
Dec 4, 2012
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
Couple of good videos as usual Keith, both aires look great. Can't say I fancy driving down those narrow roads in Verteuil Sur Charente though, imagine the traffic chaos we would get in a similar town in the UK.

Paul

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Thanks for posting, very good to see the approaches, the Gastes aire look huge.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 28, 2013
Alentejo,Portugal
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
Since the '80,s
Live 10 mins away,the locals are used to bloody great campers clogging up the narrow streets!!! Guess that includes me,it's a very pretty little place,Chateau is pretty,especially looking up from the river,come take a look,PM me if you would like a chat or coffee when in the area.Cheers.

scottie58

Free Member
Jul 20, 2009
berks
Funster No
MH
A class
When we we were on Gastes aire middle of Sept last year the local Police and marie staff arrived early on the Monday morning to check the parking tickets - the automated system allows you to pay on entry for one night, stay several days and then only pay for your day of departure! Needless to say the majority of the longterm French camping caristes were "taking advantage" of this :)

It was hilarious to watch the sudden rush to the machine to correct their "oversight" - the clipboard wielding Policeman seemed to be enjoying the panic that was rippling throughout the aire!

The aire was pleasant but all the guides don't mention the 30 odd oil extraction platforms dotted all over the lake.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back