Rally NEW VENUE: INAUGURAL EVENT: MID MAY IN DEVON 17TH MAY -24TH MAY 2021 (2 Viewers)

lunarman

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
Hi Emmit.
I can't find the payment details, it's not in my messages. Ive looked everywhere! but obviously missing the very obvious!
Help please
Thanks
Sally

The payment details were included in the message Derek posted on the Topsham Rally conversation (PM) at 11:56 last thursday

Last edited:
OP
OP
Emmit

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
The payment details were included in the message Derek posted on the Topsham Rally conversation (PM) at 11:56 last thursday
Thank you for that John and Ang.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 7, 2010
Kent
Funster No
MH
Hymer exsis 688
Exp
Since 2010
Paid today!
HX15CXW
Hab door offside
Poss use of roll down awning
No genny etc
Towing Smart

OP
OP
Emmit

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
I am very pleased to announce that our hosts, John and Lisa, the owners of Avon Bank Meadows have been very busy in the Lockdown period.

They have installed an outside 'facility' in line with COVID guidelines for the 'convenience'? of all attendees.

Get there quick, before they install a cactus!

IMG-20210420-WA0000.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Emmit

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Emmit Did I read somewhere that you are organising a charity book sale at one of the meets, or did I dream it? 🤔

Hi Janine,
You are not mistaken. Wherever we go we attempt to sell good clean paperbacks for the benefit of Prostate Cancer UK.
We were away last week and received £38 from the attendees at Porth.

The sale will happen at ALL of the events run by us (and we will be begging for further supplies at events we attend.)e

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
Hi Janine,
You are not mistaken. Wherever we go we attempt to sell good clean paperbacks for the benefit of Prostate Cancer UK.
We were away last week and received £38 from the attendees at Porth.

The sale will happen at ALL of the events run by us (and we will be begging for further supplies at events we attend.)e
That's great! I have a lot of books to pass on 😁

lunarman

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
Emmit Im not sure the attendees of the Topsham Meet are that interested in developments at Avonbank Meadows :unsure:

OP
OP
Emmit

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
You're right.
Running around with a soft handled brush lodged at the Mo.

kelv

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2014
leicester
Funster No
MH
Carthago 145
Exp
Good afternoon I am sorry we will not now be able to attend due to health reasons.
Hope everyone has a good time.
pm sent to Emmit

OP
OP
Emmit

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Good afternoon I am sorry we will not now be able to attend due to health reasons.
Hope everyone has a good time.
pm sent to Emmit
Hi Kelv, You have a conversation.

Dec 23, 2014
South Somerset
Funster No
MH
Carthago C-Line I 50
Exp
Since 2009
Emmit . Mary and Derek, I am very sad and not just a bit annoyed to have to tell you that Lesley and I have to cancel. Whatever is medically wrong with me has worsened and the MH is misbehaving. Currently we are at Nordens (Isle of Purbeck) and hoping for a weather window tomorrow to make the journey back to Yeovil.

I hope that you have reserves and that somebody can benefit from our withdrawal albeit at the last minute. I hope all goes well at Topsham and everyone has a great time. All the best.

OP
OP
Emmit

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Emmit . Mary and Derek, I am very sad and not just a bit annoyed to have to tell you that Lesley and I have to cancel. Whatever is medically wrong with me has worsened and the MH is misbehaving. Currently we are at Nordens (Isle of Purbeck) and hoping for a weather window tomorrow to make the journey back to Yeovil.

I hope that you have reserves and that somebody can benefit from our withdrawal albeit at the last minute. I hope all goes well at Topsham and everyone has a great time. All the best.
Good Morning,
You have a Conversation.

OP
OP
Emmit

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Good evening Funsters,

We are currently 'chillin' (No G) after a fun filled day??? siting Funsters at Topsham Rugby Club.

In addition to giving our thanks to our Co stewards, Malcom and Teresa (Damelza) and John and Brenda (John W) for the sheer hard work in siting 3 dozen vans in somewhat less than ideal conditions, and, the Funsters acceptance of being asked to drive across, shall we say, challenging conditions. Yes some got stuck in the mire, but, with the help of muscle, they were extracted and sited.
One thing is for certain, had the event been scheduled for 24 hours earlier, I doubt we would have had an event at all.
Exhibit 1 is a photo taken on Sunday evening. This God made lake wasn't there when we arrived 5 hrs earlier. That's what the weather was like on Sunday.
Tomorrow we open up the bookstall, selling Raffle tickets and accepting prizes for same. No cheating at the Competition and we will have some good news to share on the whiteboard.

Regards

Derek and Mary aka Emmit
Screenshot_20210517_155251_com.android.gallery3d.jpg

Old Rascal

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 9, 2013
Nailsea
Funster No
MH
Sunliving V65SL
Exp
Since 2012
For those who may be interested, train timetable to Exmouth ( apologies for the rain drops)
Single to Exmouth £3.70
Return is £3.80
The ticket machine is located in the waiting shelter.
4EA3E611-BD4A-4D0A-AC7D-D55B0375CCEF.jpeg
D8E693B5-CBCD-41C9-B09E-F6E1A5E5FCFB.jpeg

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
Well we are home early, purely because of the weather, and having things to attend to at home.

The meet was lovely. The location is perfect for walking and cycling, with trails and paths leading to so many different places.

We had aimed to walk to Exmouth along the Exe Trail on Wednesday, but we got as far as Lympstone Village, and found a lovely pub, where we sat in the sun and had a drink before catching the train back - a lovely trip.

That’s another plus for the location - the train is a short walk from the rugby club, and the destinations are many.

We didn’t eat out, but plenty of Funsters did, and all the recommendations were good - so all in all a brilliant meet.

Emmit Derek and Mary, Damelza Teresa and Malcolm and johnw Brenda and John were excellent organisers and it was just such a shame the weather was so rubbish.

Thank you to them for organising such a lovely meet, in really challenging circumstances, and we really hope it happens again next year.

Going to see Mum tonight Emmit and Damelza, and I really hope she likes her glass mug .... :wink:

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
PS. Emmit snd Damelza - mum loved the mug, and emptied it without being reminded 100 times - first time in months and months - so I think my Good Karma Account is full again ..... :wink: :rofl: xx

OP
OP
Emmit

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Thank you to one and all for supporting us in the charity Raffle.
At the end of the evening we have four prizes remaining unclaimed.

I have to say, without question that each prize is worth claiming.

The winning tickets are:
Green 355
Green 559
Pink. 741
Orange 160

If you hold any (or all???) the tickets, come to our van and claim your prize.

Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
Home after another lovely meet despite the weather. Our house appears to be in one piece after two weeks away, the recycling bins are full!

It’s a great spot that’s for sure. Thank you Derek, Mary, Teresa, Malcolm and also John and Brenda.

OP
OP
Emmit

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Morning All,

We hope your webbed feet will recover from Topsham.

Despite the weather, the squelch, the puddles, I think the event went well.

It's a shame that we couldn't get to have a social but you would all have had trench foot
if you'd have stayed in one place for any length of time.

Having said all that, the weather contributed in a positive way towards the charity we support.
We have added all the pitch fees that you gave up by leaving early, and I don't blame any of you in the slightest.
to the money's raised by the sale of books, 'Guess the sweets in the Box', 'Lotto Bonus Ball' etc
and, as a result, this morning I am very pleased to tell you that I sent off a cheque to Prostate Cancer UK
to the sum of £1018.95!!!

Mary and I would like to thank each and every one of you for your generosity and Bon Homie during the event.

Kindest Regards

Derek and Mary aka Emmit

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back