New Vehicle V5 Question (1 Viewer)

May 12, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Been that long since I purchased a new van, any general idea how long it takes from taking delivery to the V5 arriving?
Or re-phrased, about how long from getting it do we have to wait to get across the channel.
Thanks

Zigisla

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2015
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp
Getting better month by month.
All I can say is that it took mine just under two weeks in December.

Jun 25, 2013
Funster No
Exp
Old wild camper in transit
Mine took three weeks so not bad

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 15, 2015
Whitchurch, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago E-Line 50
Exp
Since May 2011
Mine took a couple of weeks but went across the channel without it anyway. Just took all other paperwork, including invoice.

Mike

Sep 12, 2016
Chesterfield England Tellus 3
Funster No
MH
Lunar Roadstar 800
Exp
6 years
Waiting for mine too BUT I'm also changing the tax classification to disabled so that does take longer

It does show on the Web and supposedly if you have the new owner section of the old one you are OK but whether I would trust the money grabbing foreign plods is another matter

Oct 1, 2007
Kirby cross further from londin
Funster No
MH
Between Motor homes
Exp
since 08
Been that long since I purchased a new van, any general idea how long it takes from taking delivery to the V5 arriving?
Or re-phrased, about how long from getting it do we have to wait to get across the channel.
Thanks

For my new car it came the next week
Car purchased march 2 nd

Apr 30, 2016
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Hobby Vantana
Exp
Ours took two weeks and sent back due to incorrect fee by the dealer who in turn had the wrong emissions on the document supplied by the manufacturer. It took another three weeks and DVLA then printed George instead of Geoff. We rearranged our ferry crossing and missed other connections in Europe thinking that we had to have this document abroad. Interested to read that others went without it. We had to show all documents in Bosnia.
Geoff

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
I had mine before I even picked up the van.

The best the dealer could work out was that it took about 3 days from when he sent in the paperwork.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Ours took two weeks and sent back due to incorrect fee by the dealer who in turn had the wrong emissions on the document supplied by the manufacturer. It took another three weeks and DVLA then printed George instead of Geoff. We rearranged our ferry crossing and missed other connections in Europe thinking that we had to have this document abroad. Interested to read that others went without it. We had to show all documents in Bosnia.
Geoff
I think you must have upset them !!
All they wanted off us ( on both occasions ) was our passports..

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back