New van (1 Viewer)

POH

May 29, 2018
Funster No
MH
Pilote 740c
Exp
5 years
Hi gang, got a new van coming in March🙏 and was wondering if there is an alternative to Eddie vanbitz in the North as its a hell of a journey to get an alarm fitted i know he has a good reputation on here , so if anyone knows of anywhere we could get a similar alarm fitted near Manchester we would be grateful or do we sod it and go for Eddie's.

Apr 30, 2018
Mid Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix 670DC
Exp
Motorhoming since 2018.
Hi. Our MH has "Outsmart the Thief" system installed. I believe they are based near York. The MH is 4 years old, we've had it for 2.5 years, the only issues we've had was when the batteries ran flat in the alarm fob. This was sorted out with a quick phone call.
I'm sure there are other manufactures / installers out there, but can only give you feedback on OSTT as they're the only people we have experience of.

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
We’ve had the VanBitz alarm on two vans and very happy with it and we travelled from Dumfries to have it fitted, once you’ve done your research if you decide to go with VB make it a holiday. Also don’t forget you get 10% off with your funster number.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
Out smart the thief on mine. They come to you, so saves hundreds of pounds.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Info on what we have here:

Also some more info here:

duane0001

Free Member
Jan 18, 2013
East Coast, North Yorks
Funster No
MH
Expedition 67 soon!
Exp
2021 This time
Hi gang, got a new van coming in March🙏 and was wondering if there is an alternative to Eddie vanbitz in the North as its a hell of a journey to get an alarm fitted i know he has a good reputation on here , so if anyone knows of anywhere we could get a similar alarm fitted near Manchester we would be grateful or do we sod it and go for Eddie's.
What are you getting van wise?

Jan 22, 2012
Wigan
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun TI 2012
Exp
We live in Wigan but used Eddie's. Nice break down there and a few miles away is the guy who does the mirror guards. We called around at his house and workshop and he fitted them for us. i've seen some ill fitting mirror guards but the guy was like a pro wrestler fighting with it to fit them perfectly.

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!
We live in Yorkshire but now on our second van, with BOTH having the Vanbitz Growler and non starter, personally with the great after sales I’ve had on both vans I wouldn’t look anywhere else for an alarm👍
Plus the campsite is a blinderđź‘Ť

BillandHelen

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 17, 2013
Edinburgh United Kingdom
Funster No
MH
Wildax Elara
Exp
since 2004
Hi. Our MH has "Outsmart the Thief" system installed. I believe they are based near York. The MH is 4 years old, we've had it for 2.5 years, the only issues we've had was when the batteries ran flat in the alarm fob. This was sorted out with a quick phone call.
I'm sure there are other manufactures / installers out there, but can only give you feedback on OSTT as they're the only people we have experience of.
OSTT is highly recommended by Wildax Enthusiasts club, it’s also installed by Wildax themselves. Seems highly effective, lots of good feedback. It can be a combined alarm/tracker/non start.
Personally I’ve stuck to the Mercedes alarm, fitted a Startrack tracker and will utilise Mercedes own in van wifi as a fall back.
Bill

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back