Free Member
Mar 23, 2016
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2012
Worth mentioning - can get the same layout but with a full size garage as a free (I believe) option if you like!

We wanted this version as: we prefer a lower bed height; haven't had a garage of any sort before so smaller one is a bonus; and we don't mind using a bike rack.

Tall garage version is lovely, just wasn't for us

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 18, 2014
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B598 PL
Exp
Since 2013
Worth mentioning - can get the same layout but with a full size garage as a free (I believe) option if you like!

We wanted this version as: we prefer a lower bed height; haven't had a garage of any sort before so smaller one is a bonus; and we don't mind using a bike rack.

Tall garage version is lovely, just wasn't for us
Looks great!

Oct 18, 2014
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B598 PL
Exp
Since 2013
We found the 598 with the high bed a good fit (inside & length for driveway) for us but need to wait a few weeks.
Please update us how you get on with it & where is power for 12v tv?

OP
OP
HarryBasilNigel

HarryBasilNigel

Free Member
Mar 23, 2016
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2012
Hi loving it so far but only had it for 10 days or so, and managed 3 nights away. In ours the standard12v TV socket is just by the door with swivel bracket facing into the lounge. You can swivel it round to see it from the bedroom, but for us the viewing distance from the bedroom is too far. We had a second 12v socket, aerial point and bracket installed in the bedroom too.

Oct 18, 2014
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B598 PL
Exp
Since 2013
Hi loving it so far but only had it for 10 days or so, and managed 3 nights away. In ours the standard12v TV socket is just by the door with swivel bracket facing into the lounge. You can swivel it round to see it from the bedroom, but for us the viewing distance from the bedroom is too far. We had a second 12v socket, aerial point and bracket installed in the bedroom too.
Thank you, that's handy to know.
Great to hear you love your new MH, we are really excited!

Oct 18, 2014
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B598 PL
Exp
Since 2013
Yes more pics please.
Interesting re front bed, do you stand on side seat to get up?

OP
OP
HarryBasilNigel

HarryBasilNigel

Free Member
Mar 23, 2016
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2012
I'll have to report on bed access another day - it's in storage right now and in our first three nights we didn't get around to trying the drop down bed! I have a few more external pics I can load, hopefully this evening.

Jan 31, 2016
Halifax
Funster No
MH
A Class Rapido 9097F
Exp
June 2016
Nice van and nice layout not my cuppa tea as don't work for my current situation but maybe on wish list for future

Oct 18, 2014
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B598 PL
Exp
Since 2013
Hi
Hope you have got our in your new van. Are you able to tell me the size of to that fits the bracket in the front? Thanks
Nick

OP
OP
HarryBasilNigel

HarryBasilNigel

Free Member
Mar 23, 2016
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2012
Hi
Hope you have got our in your new van. Are you able to tell me the size of to that fits the bracket in the front? Thanks
Nick

Hi no more time spent in it yet sadly, but we are having 2 or 3 nights away next weekend. Tv bracket has a 16" tv on it at the moment, though I'll be moving that to the bedroom and swapping in an 18" which I think will comfortably fit. Bracket will take bigger just not sure what size is max for clearance when folded to the wall.

I can see that the bracket arrangement is different (better I think) in the 598 so although I'm happy to measure what I think the max size is ours would take when we get it out of storage next week, I think you'd be best off checking with your dealer to be sure...

Cheers

nickbailey

Free Member
Apr 23, 2013
Leics
Funster No
MH
AutoTrail Chieftain
Exp
since 2005
Hi Funsters. Well we finally did it. We went large and treated ourselves to a tag axle. An new Auto Trail Chieftain. This is our fourth M/Home and we love everything about it. Oh and its name "Big Chief-Two Moons" well you know how it is. Cant wait for the next Motorhome Fun meet. Will hopefully be at the Peterborough Show. All the best to fellow funsters. Keep waving. Nick & Julie.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Hi Funsters. Well we finally did it. We went large and treated ourselves to a tag axle. An new Auto Trail Chieftain. This is our fourth M/Home and we love everything about it. Oh and its name "Big Chief-Two Moons" well you know how it is. Cant wait for the next Motorhome Fun meet. Will hopefully be at the Peterborough Show. All the best to fellow funsters. Keep waving. Nick & Julie.
Our Chieftain is called Big Chief Sparky.. cos of all the fun I have had with the electrics LOL !!
Congrats though and I hope you enjoy it as much as we enjoy ours (y)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back