New van to pick up in these 'essential travel only times' (1 Viewer)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
It looks pretty much like a normal wc, with a standard soft close seat, you sit to do everything !!! the urine does into a urine diverter, from 'Free Range Designs' into a container and poo falls into a square container lined with a large compostable food liner (or two) that has a drying medium, wood pellets, coconut hair, wood shavings anything that absorbs moisture, then cover with a bit more trying medium, a hole is made in the back of the WC box and flexible tube (old vacuum cleaner hose) is attached with a small fan that constantly draws air into the WC box and exhausts it through the hose and out through the bottom of the van, this dries the poo (poo is around 80% water). Its a ply box, vertical exterior is clad with thin copper sheet (from scrap yard) and the rest of the ply I've covered with polyurethane white Gell coat so it can easily be cleaned.
Sounds interesting - any pictures? ... not of it 'in use' you understand!

OP
OP
B

bluebenz1

Free Member
Feb 17, 2019
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
im a newbie
I'll try to upload some when I can....don't worry 'not in use'... : )

Nov 17, 2012
WEST SUSSEX
Funster No
MH
HYMER B SL 674
Exp
SINCE 2005
Cheaper than the potential £200 fine each and a whole lot less hassle

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Yes am using all of the above....all available for delivery...dometic crx 80l delivered, maxxfan delivered, voyager 4500 delivered, swivel plates on their way, looking into Balsa ply (Banova Plus) as an alternative to lightweight ply, composting WC made, Alto flooring deliverable, foam backed Vinyl deliverable, Insulation material deliverable etc etc etc.
Just a suggestion if you make a list of all you want for the conversion,ring Magnum motorhomes up for a price😉Get a big discount👍They will deliver or you could click/collect in your new van 😉

OP
OP
B

bluebenz1

Free Member
Feb 17, 2019
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
im a newbie
Sounds interesting - any pictures? ... not of it 'in use' you understand!
It will be on stainless steel runners and pulls out from a cupboard on a shower tray that extends into the cupboard.
DSC_0248.JPG DSC_0249.JPG DSC_0250.JPG DSC_0251.JPG DSC_0252.JPG DSC_0253.JPG

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
It will be on stainless steel runners and pulls out from a cupboard on a shower tray that extends into the cupboard.
View attachment 462068 View attachment 462069 View attachment 462070 View attachment 462071 View attachment 462072 View attachment 462073
Interesting however there's something you need to think about if you haven't already ... when travelling you need to have a way to ensure that the urine can't splash out of the container, this is one thing that was a concern previously when someone suggested composting loos.

As for the thread about someone who wanted to rip out a new toilet to put one in (amongst other interesting ideas etc), I've just found it ... it makes 'interesting' reading to say the least!

(17) Which home to buy? | MotorhomeFun | The Motorhome Support and Social Network

OP
OP
B

bluebenz1

Free Member
Feb 17, 2019
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
im a newbie
Just read through that article....we would only use the 'drying toilet' where no other option was available. The splashing up pee could easily be resolved with a flexible flange between the separator and the bottle.....a good point though....(y)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Just read through that article....we would only use the 'drying toilet' where no other option was available. The splashing up pee could easily be resolved with a flexible flange between the separator and the bottle.....a good point though....(y)
For info this is the email I wrote to Simploo when it was first mentioned on the forum, some of the info might be of interest to you.

Hi, I've just been told about your 'loo' and want to congratulate you on a very simply but great design. A few of things that I'd like to suggest though to make it more suitable for the motorhome market.
The urine container would need to be firmly held in place and also be sealed/water tight so there's no risk of spillage etc in transit. A second container with a sealing lid would make it even more appealing to MH users so that when the first is full (usually discovered at an inconvenient time!) this could be sealed and removed and the spare put in. If it can be made a bit larger it would be good too.
The toilet itself would need to be able to be secured in some way in a MH to stop the whole unit moving around, the ideal would be some sort of brackets on the rear to fix it to the MH wall. If this was a 'quick release' one it would be even better so that if the washroom is used as a shower room too being able to lift the loo out to utilise the whole space to shower in (negating the need to have a larger washroom) would be a real bonus to give flexibility and save space. This would just leave 'cap' of some sort for the fan pipe (which again would need to have a quick-release fixing to enable it to be removed and reattached).

OP
OP
B

bluebenz1

Free Member
Feb 17, 2019
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
im a newbie
Thanks for that. As it happens my WC was based on the siploo design !!...mine will be fixed to the floor on via Stainless steel draw runners so it can be pushed back into a recess to allow more room in the shower room, the whole unit is gel coated so it can be cleaned. Good point about a spare container.

Sep 9, 2020
Deepest Lancashire
Funster No
MH
One day hopefully
Dont know what happened but my post was duplicated and appeared twice!

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

bluebenz1

Free Member
Feb 17, 2019
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
im a newbie
I think the dealer would be allowed to deliver it.
Would they do it?
You will never know unless you ask the question.
I spoke to them and they could get a driver to drive it down for £150.00 plus VAT...I didn't want someone hacking down the motorway in our van so I opted for a local (to Chesterfield) company to deliver on a trailer for £250.00 all in.

Sep 9, 2020
Deepest Lancashire
Funster No
MH
One day hopefully
What would 'Cummings' do?. I ordered a new Ducato Xlh3 back in a non lock down period last year, It is now ready for collection 2.5hrs drive from me. I have an injured right ankle. My wife doesn't feel comfortable collecting the van on her own. 2 people getting a train from London to Chesterfield to collect a New van and drive back to London......allowed or nor allowed????
I think the dealer would be allowed to deliver it.
Would they do it?
You will never know unless you ask the question.

Mar 24, 2010
stoke on trent
Funster No
MH
relay lwb pvc
Exp
6 years
Straight answer? No you cannot go and collect it. The rules are very clear. Any other "answer" is just trying to justify it to yourself..

If you must have it at home your only solution is to have it delivered - but even then I would question whether that is within the "spirit" of the rules. It's not "essential" transport is it?

Sorry to be so blunt
I sold my m/cycle Dec but still in my garage as not allowed to take or buyer to fetch !

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back