Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Hi guys,

I've been lurking on the site for a while but haven't been brave enough to ask the wife for the £15 membership fee. I got the go ahead last night so here I am. This place looks fantastic!

We bought our first new van (Autotrail) in Sep-16 but didn't like it so much so we've just swapped it for a new Pilote which we collected last Monday from SMC in Newark. It's the best thing we've ever done so we hope/intend to use 'Molly' to catch up with some of you fine people at the various sites and shows soon enough; perhaps we can exchange a few glasses of red too (y)

Very best to all,

Andrew

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
IMG_0855.GIF

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Hello snd welcome :WelcomeFlag:its the best £15 my husbands spent he says ! Keeps me quiet for hours!!
Enjoy your new van and safe travels

OP
OP
Blue Knight

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Hello snd welcome :WelcomeFlag:its the best £15 my husbands spent he says ! Keeps me quiet for hours!!

I think that's why I got my 15 quid too, i.e. To keep me quiet and off the streets:D

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs

And she's not joking :LOL:

OP
OP
Blue Knight

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
:welcome3: Pilote is a great brand - have Fun in your new van! (y)

Happy adventures.

Mike, we searched hundreds of vans and settled with the Pilote Pacific as it had everything that we wanted. We went from a 130BHP Hi-Line to a 150-Low profile so to us it was like driving a Ferrari with better mpg's. The loss of the big bed above the cab has made a huge difference to the driving quality.

You live and learn eh

Dave K

Free Member
Mar 24, 2015
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740C
Exp
Since 2013
Welcome along and by coincidence we travel to SMC on Thursday to collect our new Pilote van, it's a P740C that we saw at the Norfolk show, which model did you opt for? By the way does anybody know the correct pronunciation, is it Pilottay or Pilot, I don't want to sound a numpty when I'm booking it in for services etc :D2

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
Welcome along and by coincidence we travel to SMC on Thursday to collect our new Pilote van, it's a P740C that we saw at the Norfolk show, which model did you opt for? By the way does anybody know the correct pronunciation, is it Pilottay or Pilot, I don't want to sound a numpty when I'm booking it in for services etc :D2
I've been told it's sounds like peelot not pielot..
Welcome Andrew perhaps you could enlighten us?

ymfb

Free Member
Jun 16, 2017
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
AS Kingham
Exp
Since 2009
Welcome from South Wiltshire

My understanding is it's pronounced peelot

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
animated WelcomeGroupSmiley.gif
It's PEElot. Anyone know where the emphasis on Cathargo? CathARgo, CatharGO, CATHargo????

JackieP

Free Member
Mar 10, 2010
Isle of Man
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2006
Welcome Andrew and Mrs Andrew. Get posting and let us hear about your adventures.

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
Cue @yodeli

Wyn

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
View attachment 178960
It's PEElot. Anyone know where the emphasis on Cathargo? CathARgo, CatharGO, CATHargo????

AHAAAA that's a VERY good question ! I keep saying to people trying to learn French that there is NO tonic accent in French , no emphasis at all!
That's what makes us point you, English, as English ! You are emphasising our words like you would in English!
So if we had to say Carthago just say it as if on the same vitual line, on the same tone.
As for pilote (mmm Pillotery is just a no no no , I do not see any "ery" at the end of the word , unless you were kidding?) Peelot , yes , and remember , no emphasis!

OP
OP
Blue Knight

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp

Wow, that's fantastic Dave. We had a great time at SMC with Doug (Sales), Bob (Handover) and Warren (Technical Manager).

We opted for the high bed version of the P740GJ after visiting many different dealerships and examening hundreds of vans. We added a second leisure battery, solar, cameras and all of the other stuff to make it quite posh (in our humble opinion) but still have a decent payload to play with. It's registered @ 3650kg.

What you will find with lots of motorhomers (Pilote included) is that some of the decals get scrunched up next to some of the window units so SMC removed a small part of the decal around the window frames to make it look more slicker; check out my pic as it will explain more. They do this on the Frankia Range so what's good for Frankia is good for Pilote too :)

Other than that it is brill in every way. SMC did a full PDI which was clearly evident on the day.

Good luck with Thursday - I'm sure you won't be sleeping tonight.

All the best,

Andrew

(If you want the decals trimming then SMC will do them during the handover phase. It only took them 20-minutes but ask for Warren).

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    158.5 KB · Views: 23

Dave K

Free Member
Mar 24, 2015
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740C
Exp
Since 2013
Wow, that's fantastic Dave. We had a great time at SMC with Doug (Sales), Bob (Handover) and Warren (Technical Manager).

We opted for the high bed version of the P740GJ after visiting many different dealerships and examening hundreds of vans. We added a second leisure battery, solar, cameras and all of the other stuff to make it quite posh (in our humble opinion) but still have a decent payload to play with. It's registered @ 3650kg.

What you will find with lots of motorhomers (Pilote included) is that some of the decals get scrunched up next to some of the window units so SMC removed a small part of the decal around the window frames to make it look more slicker; check out my pic as it will explain more. They do this on the Frankia Range so what's good for Frankia is good for Pilote too :)

Other than that it is brill in every way. SMC did a full PDI which was clearly evident on the day.

Good luck with Thursday - I'm sure you won't be sleeping tonight.

All the best,

Andrew

(If you want the decals trimming then SMC will do them during the handover phase. It only took them 20-minutes but ask for Warren).

Thanks Andrew
Great advice regarding the decals, I look out for that.
We also added an extra battery and 2 solar panels and had it registered at 3650kg. We love the feel of the van though, it seems very well constructed and finished off, also the garage is a huge plus point, we've not had one before so all that outside storage will be fantastic.
Hope you enjoy your van and hopefully we can catch up at one of the rallies, shows or meets (y)

OP
OP
Blue Knight

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Thanks Andrew
Great advice regarding the decals, I look out for that.
We also added an extra battery and 2 solar panels and had it registered at 3650kg. We love the feel of the van though, it seems very well constructed and finished off, also the garage is a huge plus point, we've not had one before so all that outside storage will be fantastic.
Hope you enjoy your van and hopefully we can catch up at one of the rallies, shows or meets (y)

Dave, just a few more wee points - sorry:

The EHU lead, gas bottle, CO2 and Smoke detectors do not come as standard but the fire extinguisher does.

You may wish to add extension pipes to both your fresh and waste water outlets. If you do then the 'internal' diameter for your new piping should be:

Waste: 38mm
Fresh: 20mm

The floor of the gas locker is constructed from mild steel, albeit coated, but I reckon this will collect road crap soon enough so slap a bit of under seal on it to be safe.

I'm off for a coffee now.

Enjoy your new van.

Andrew

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back