LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
We heard from the dealer earlier in the week that our new van will not be ready in April but they are hoping for July. Ah well, we still have our lovely Buffy. It's a good job we didn't manage to sell her privately.

The new van will be worth waiting for I'm sure.

The delay is due to the base vehicle (FIAT) not being available until later than expected... automatic, RHD and beefed up chassis.

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
That's a long delay - when did you first order it?

What's the cause of the delay?

Zilevets

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 19, 2015
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B704 A Class P/Line
Exp
That's frustrating we had the same time delay last year when we were picking up our new van, we were chomping at the bit by the time we picked it up, at least you are not without one at the moment so can still get out and about.

Liz

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 19, 2013
Wells, Somerset
Funster No
MH
Elddis 115
Exp
since 2004
We heard from the dealer earlier in the week that our new van will not be ready in April but they are hoping for July. Ah well, we still have our lovely Buffy. It's a good job we didn't manage to sell her privately.

The new van will be worth waiting for I'm sure.

The delay is due to the base vehicle (FIAT) not being available until later than expected... automatic, RHD and beefed up chassis.
The dealer was?

OP
OP
Puddleduck

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
The dealer is Geoff Cox and they let us know as soon as they knew. It was ordered last October at the NEC show and the earliest date we might have had it was April but we knew that was optimistic due to the special order.

The delay is due to the converter having to wait for the non-standard base vehicle from Fiat. If it was a standard RHD, or an LHD auto (or perhaps even a RHD auto) it wouldn't be an issue but with the beefed up chassis, RHD and auto it's not standard! We will wait as we want an auto and need the payload.

Feb 14, 2014
Ainsworth, Bolton, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2011
Gutted for you but at least you still have your old van hope ours doesn't get delayed as our old van has already gone we are just sitting around waiting
Gary and Janet

OP
OP
Puddleduck

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
We have spoken with Fiat who booked in Buffy at one of their local(ish) service places for the service and MOT which we wouldn't have had to do if the new van had been ready by the optimistic date. Following the problem we had following the timing belt change last year it's going to be FOC. Full marks to Fiat who did this without being asked.

Nov 4, 2015
Waterlooville
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2011
That's not great news for you. We are waiting for or new Van, ordered at the NEC in October. Our dealer took our Avondale as trade back in October so it has been a long and tedious wait thus far. We have been given a production slot of week 10, which means it should be at the dealers mid March and with us by the last week in March. Really hoping that the date sticks and there are no delays for us. Only 8 weeks... :pray:

Sep 5, 2012
Scotland
Funster No
MH
East Neuk Fifer
Exp
since 2012
The dealer that we bought our new to us Globecar did mention there was difficulty getting new motorhomes on time because of the fiat backlog, he goes for RHD autos.

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Oh heck that's a shame, really pleased you still have Buffy otherwise things would have been frustrating.

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
So Buffy has a 3 month or so reprieve:) Once you have your new MH you will quickly forget the waiting for it and by the time you go your planned holidays the weeks till Jemima arrive will have flown by. It also gives you an excuse for more trips to Eddie Vanbitz etc.

Phillybarbour

Free Member
Feb 2, 2013
West Lancs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout Revo.
Exp
Since 2010
It will be worth the wait obviously. Could have been worse Transit production for non standard vehicles is currently running at 11 months for quite a few models.

moulin 87

Free Member
Aug 31, 2015
Limousin, France
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Espirit T7150
Exp
It must be that time of the year because yesterday we received an email from our French dealer to say our Motorhome which we expected in late April will not be received at the dealer until June....The reason is unclear but he says it might be because we changed the MTPLM from 3500 to 3850 after the order had been originally processed....

Unfortunately we sold our caravan as soon as we placed the order so will have to look at a few hotel holidays to pass the time....

laird of Dunstan

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 15, 2015
lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9000DFH
Exp
ex caravanner
Looks like there be a problem some where ,we were told early January ,then February, need to send another email to the dealer ,I also believe that Rapido had their best ever trading figures ,wonder. If production can't keep up ?

Deneb

Free Member
Oct 20, 2015
Europe
Funster No
MH
PVC
We ordered a new Ducato PVC last October with a quoted Feb delivery, which has just been put back to August. As above, I understand that the paint plant suffered a severe failure in January and production is on hold whilst it is rectified. A poster on another forum who runs a large Ducato fleet is under the impression that the plant is being knocked down and totally rebuilt. He reckons quoted lead times have gone from 10 to 23 weeks and says that when production re-starts Fiat have decided to bring in Euro 6 early on all LWB and XLWB vans.

The converter we have ordered from say that our van is currently showing with Fiat as scheduled for an April build and still indicated as Euro 5+. Time will tell...

laird of Dunstan

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 15, 2015
lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9000DFH
Exp
ex caravanner
I ordered a rapido way back in July , it was on an alco chassis with fiat engine , i was told that the expected time of arrival at the dealers would be jan,then i got feb then this morning i got a call from the dealer to say that it will be in his workshop next week :) , its been delayed about 8 weeks

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
All of these horror stories are why I never order anything of any worth (car motorhome,furniture, etc) from anybody unless it is in stock and I can actually kick the tyres and see exactly what I am getting. I am too impatient to wait any length of time, and I would get stressed just counting off the days. If it was then delayed further my blood pressure would go off the scale. Simply not worth the threat to my health I am afraid. My present motorhome was bought new from dealer stock with a lot of factory fit extras and a good price.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
All of these horror stories are why I never order anything of any worth (car motorhome,furniture, etc) from anybody unless it is in stock and I can actually kick the tyres and see exactly what I am getting. I am too impatient to wait any length of time, and I would get stressed just counting off the days. If it was then delayed further my blood pressure would go off the scale. Simply not worth the threat to my health I am afraid. My present motorhome was bought new from dealer stock with a lot of factory fit extras and a good price.
Absolutely agree, just couldn't do it, if I waited a month you can gauantee I would see something I liked more, and go into depression

Deneb

Free Member
Oct 20, 2015
Europe
Funster No
MH
PVC
We spent over 2 years looking at vans deciding what we wanted. Haven't seen anything in that time or since to change our mind from what we ordered. Could have got one a lot sooner, but the spec I wanted on the base vehicle meant it had to be a factory order. I'm happy to wait to get exactly what we want. Mrs D wants it yesterday, but to be honest it would have spent more time parked up than in use if it arrived now. Another 6 month wait is 6 months nearer retirement :)

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
I'm happy to wait to get exactly what we want. t :)
The secret to happiness is to want what you have got rather than trying to get what you want. :LOL: As it just happened the motorhome the dealer had included everything we wanted or needed and some.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back