New Tyres? Why waste money, a mesmerising insight into another world (1 Viewer)

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
8 Deaths per HOUR on Pakistan's roads, can't think why, can you?
Because in cities few follow rules of the road, outside cities nobody gives a shit.
They believe if you die it was fate, going to happen anyway so why worry about it.
Nothing to do with the rather effective and thorough tyre repairs.
pic_1526562172.jpg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
OP
OP

Banned
Sep 9, 2019
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
10yrs plus
I'm afraid I couldn't watch the complete video... the music drove me (more) crazy after 15 seconds...

JJ :cool:
There is a new feature now called 'mute' you should see a logo of a speaker with a line through it on your keypad or if using a mobile device turn dow the volume (y) I do agree about they music though but I was captivated with how some people need to make do, we take so much for granted!

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
In the days I was exporting the "junk" that we in the UK throw out a nice customer in Malta once said "You people in the UK throw things away before they are half worn out".
People in third world countries still have the skills to repair almost anything, including cylinder blocks that have had a leg thrown out of bed. UK garages do not employ mechanics any more, they employ technicians who have no idea of repairing anything.
Sadly we now live in a throw away society and I dread to think where it will all end.
Forty years ago, even setting off on a hundred mile drive was considered an adventure, I drove that far this morning to collect some garden furniture and didn't even check the old trucks oil before I left.
I salute those in third world countries who are still able to make do and mend.

OP
OP

Banned
Sep 9, 2019
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
10yrs plus
In the days I was exporting the "junk" that we in the UK throw out a nice customer in Malta once said "You people in the UK throw things away before they are half worn out".
People in third world countries still have the skills to repair almost anything, including cylinder blocks that have had a leg thrown out of bed. UK garages do not employ mechanics any more, they employ technicians who have no idea of repairing anything.
Sadly we now live in a throw away society and I dread to think where it will all end.
Forty years ago, even setting off on a hundred mile drive was considered an adventure, I drove that far this morning to collect some garden furniture and didn't even check the old trucks oil before I left.
I salute those in third world countries who are still able to make do and mend.
I saw that in Cuba, very humbling and although they have little are all smiling and happy, we have lost it in this country me included, maybe time to step back and reflect on who we really are and what life is all about!

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
my brother drove for my dad and got sent to newcastle in an old guy that leaked and needed filling every fifty miles ,somewhere on the journey he managed to loose the indian head radiator cap and the old man went mental

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
regarding make do and mend the deciding factor is money .with our levels of pay and general affluence mending isnt cost effective 12 hours mending an item equate to a lot of labour costs against the cost of a replacement
looking at the tyre mending most vehicles dont get much over 35mph so they dont need the same levels as us

OP
OP

Banned
Sep 9, 2019
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
10yrs plus
Do any Pakistani lorry's get on our roads
Do any Pakistani lorry's get on our roads
No, but it's a matter of what you are used to and standards, there could be people over here from over there that see that as absolutely normal and carry on the traditions.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
We have been known to mend cracked tractor tyres with the black mastic that sticks van windows in, works well (y) (y);)

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Have you seen the one where they put tyres to the wheel rim by putting petrol in them and towing a match at it the explosion sets them straight on, useually done by women in bare feet, I'll see if I can find it.

mike mcglynn

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jan 6, 2008
St. Helens MERSEYSIDE
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Warwick XL
Exp
A long time now
The very first Kia car I saw was on the deck of a Russian ship which had just berthed and an old lady crewmember was fettling it up for sale for when they got back to Russia .Very soon afterwards every Russian ship that came in to Liverpool the crews were buying up all The Ladas locally.The berth was also a massive scrap facility and every day the ships crew were raiding it for spares.

Oct 2, 2008
Salopia
Funster No
MH
Duro 6x6 Overlander
Exp
since 1968
This guy is good (y)

Thats about par for the course , easier than a car tyre , the casing weight does a lot of the work for you :)
Doing a wire armoured tyre is where the fun starts !

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
There is a new feature now called 'mute' you should see a logo of a speaker with a line through it on your keypad or if using a mobile device turn dow the volume

How simply wonderful of you to take all that time and trouble to teach me such matters just so I can watch a video you posted.

I assume that you thought I wasn't able to do it before the lesson!

I'll have you know I am not a number... I am a free man...

JJ :cool:

PS. Comedy is a serious business.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back