MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
After a couple of days experimenting with ideas i have finally sorted out a TV shelf in our Adria 670 SLT, utilising the 5th seat bracket. It allows us to watch TV (i know its not what everyoe likes to do, but it works for us) from the dining area with seats swivelled round. There is usually just the two of us, so no need for the seating to be used. The TV shelf just lifts out of the seat bracket anyway, so its not a permanent fixing.

nest stage is to install a 12v outlet and possibly an aerial outlet (sat tv) to connect to, though we do use the firestick a lot so a USB port might also be useful - but access to most of those 'feeds' is not going to be an issue, now i have sorted out the shelf.

Total cost around £15 - the aluminium angle was about £8 (and i have loads left over!!) and the shelf was and extortionate £7 (all from B&Q) - I had the bolts, nuts and screws already
IMG_20211124_134401_643.jpg
IMG_20211124_134336_748.jpg
IMG_20211124_134336_748.jpg
IMG_20211124_134315_843.jpg
IMG_20211124_125944_245.jpg
IMG_20211124_134401_643.jpg
IMG_20211124_125926_591.jpg
IMG_20211124_130044_954.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20211124_134332_814.jpg
    IMG_20211124_134332_814.jpg
    513.7 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
Jan 23, 2016
Wales
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 660SP
Exp
25 years
I have two TVs and two mountings.

There is the Adria TV cabinet with a TV mounting sliding bracket, however I could get nothing but neck ache and viewing angles were limited!

IMG_20211125_095443.jpg

So I removed the sliding bracket and use the cupoboard to store my espresso machine.

The van has an extending table with a filler to fill the extended gap. For me it extended too far and you couldn't move from front to back when extended.

I went to a local furniture maker and he made me a smaller filler. I could have chopped the original but wanted to keep that for when I may decide to move the van on.

I attached the sliding bracket to the new filler attached the TV and ended up with the ability to watch the TV from any of the seating including the Captain's Chairs when rotated. From where I sit when eating and relaxing and if I had passangers travelling in the rear they could legally watch the TV whilst I was driving.

IMG_20211125_095411.jpg

IMG_20211125_095423.jpg

IMG_20211125_095351.jpg

I also have a TV in the bedroom. I purchased a small hanging bracket from Amazon. I reinforced the overhead cabinet base and the bedroom TV hangs neatly adjusted to fall asleep to whilst watching.

IMG_20211125_095317.jpg

OP
OP
M

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
The Old Man

The prime reason for the new shelf was because i have fitted a microwave oven in the cupboard where the tv mount was ( a much better use of the space i think - though of course care is needed when reaching up, so weve got a small collapsable step to help), as you said, the position really wasnt good for viewing but as we wanted to fit microwave in it was out of necessity that i made the shelf. next step is to fit a fold out swivel tv bracket in the bedroom (though our bedroom has a different layout) -

i could have simply made an attachment that was vertical and not horizontal and added a tv mount to that, still using the 5th seat bracket in its 'storage' position, but i liked the idea of a small shelf

its nice to compare other solutions, thanks for sharing.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 19, 2020
North Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix 670SC
Exp
Nice Idea but what about the drop down bed or don't you use it? handy place to get power as the fuses and charging unit are just below it .

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
Nice Idea but what about the drop down bed or don't you use it? handy place to get power as the fuses and charging unit are just below it .
We only use the drop down bed when we have the grandchildren, but as that's only about ten nights a year we didn't view that as an issue. It's easy enough just to pull the shelf out of the 5th seat back rest.

Power isn't an issue as you said, but I do want to get an aerial connection there aswell. It's going to be an going modification (as we want to put a TV bracket in the bedroom aswell)

Having looked at potential power sources, i am looking at using the original connections from the original tv cupboard and running cables from there, as i would be using that cupboard to bring in the sat dish cables, then fitting 12v/USB and Aerial connections above the doorway. I like to have permanent sockets/connections fitted so it looks 'custom' - even though it usually involves more work than is actually necessary.

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
Fragle
Kups

thought i would move the conversation to here as we were going off topic from the OP

as above. one of my 'improvements'???

hoping to fit solar and sat dish this year - i have them both ready to fit from previous purchases - found the wires already installed behind the panel in the back of the cupboard over the fridge
IMG_20220208_134406_547.jpg

IMG_20220208_134421_056.jpg

First photo shows the additional power/aerial and sat TV socket installed in the front so I can power the TV from 12v and feed TV with signal from either aerial or sat. The bed can still be lowered but obviously the tv and connections will need to be removed.

Second photo shows bracket and additional power/aerial/sat socket in bedroom area. I went for a quad arm bracket but I only really needed triple arm and would prob have managed with double arm. The adjacent wall cupboard can still be opened, even with TV plugged into the socket.

I was then able to remove the slide out TV bracket in the cupboard above the fridge and install a microwave in the space ( I have also removed the door and put it into our loft for storage safely!)

The microwave is a little too high to be honest, so we bought a small set of plastic fold away steps and have found it works quite well, though most 'add ons' tend to be a compromise as they weren't designed to be used like that.

Last edited:
Jun 14, 2014
Coventry
Funster No
MH
IH N680CFL
Exp
Since2014
Fragle
Kups

thought i would move the conversation to here as we were going off topic from the OP

as above. one of my 'improvements'???

hoping to fit solar and sat dish this year - i have them both ready to fit from previous purchases - found the wires already installed behind the panel in the back of the cupboard over the fridgeView attachment 583634

View attachment 583633

First photo shows the additional power/aerial and sat TV socket installed in the front so I can power the TV from 12v and feed TV with signal from either aerial or sat. The bed can still be lowered but obviously the tv and connections will need to be removed.

Second photo shows bracket and additional power/aerial/sat socket in bedroom area. I went for a quad arm bracket but I only really needed triple arm and would prob have managed with double arm. The adjacent wall cupboard can still be opened, even with TV plugged into the socket.

I was then able to remove the slide out TV bracket in the cupboard above the fridge and install a microwave in the space ( I have also removed the door and put it into our loft for storage safely!)

The microwave is a little too high to be honest, so we bought a small set of plastic fold away steps and have found it works quite well, though most 'add ons' tend to be a compromise as they weren't designed to be used like that.
Hello. I didn't know this bit of the forum existed.

So the bed improvement we have 2 6mm mdf. (easier to handle) about 1m x 600mm and put them between the beds across so the mattress helps support. from the end of the bed towards the toilet door leaving enough room to open the door for access
We then went and purchased a thick medium density foam that forms the filler mattress between the beds and we store in the shower during the day
We find it makes the single bed feel so much better even though in reality its a support for your legs you can use as a small double as it supports very well.
Being used to a king size bed at home going to a single was quite restrictive we love the set up of this van this just adds a really comfortable sleep and is easy to set up and store we can highly recommend.

IMG_1748.jpegIMG_1750.jpegIMG_1749.jpegIMG_1751.jpeg

Feb 23, 2021
BURY ST. EDMUNDS
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 670 SLT
Exp
Since 2002
After a couple of days experimenting with ideas i have finally sorted out a TV shelf in our Adria 670 SLT, utilising the 5th seat bracket. It allows us to watch TV (i know its not what everyoe likes to do, but it works for us) from the dining area with seats swivelled round. There is usually just the two of us, so no need for the seating to be used. The TV shelf just lifts out of the seat bracket anyway, so its not a permanent fixing.

nest stage is to install a 12v outlet and possibly an aerial outlet (sat tv) to connect to, though we do use the firestick a lot so a USB port might also be useful - but access to most of those 'feeds' is not going to be an issue, now i have sorted out the shelf.

Total cost around £15 - the aluminium angle was about £8 (and i have loads left over!!) and the shelf was and extortionate £7 (all from B&Q) - I had the bolts, nuts and screws alreadyView attachment 560117View attachment 560118View attachment 560118View attachment 560119View attachment 560120View attachment 560117View attachment 560123View attachment 560121
Nice job. The TV position in the 670 SLTs has moved between two places over several years. Dropping down from behind the wall cupboard on your right as you enter by the habitation door and in the cupboard above the fridge on your left as you enter that door. The 2021/2 models now have the TV immediately on the left before the fridge. Not a great design feature by Adria - ideal location for damage by scratching. Our 2020 model has the TV dropping down from behind the cupboard, ideal and out of the way, just like your mod. The cupboard above the fridge was a poor design as you had to (a) strain your neck to watch and (b) it got in the way every time you went past the kitchen.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back