LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
I think the new Transit looks narrow, may not be but it looks like it is.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Brian and Jo

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 24, 2007
oswestry,shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class N+B Arto 88F
Exp
Been motorhoming for 15yrs.had an American RV for 7yrs,Now got a Niesmann Bischoff Arto 88F
nice looking van.we have just bought a new ford transit van at work as one of our service vans.great chassis cab and they are very reliable;)
brian and jo

OP
OP
jonandshell

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
It looks a bit 'American' in the styling department in my opinion.
Another bad trend is the way the dash is styled like a car's. The practical cubby holes and compartments are all disappearing. That applies to all makes. The priorities of the working man using the vans is being ignored by the designers.

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Read somewhere that the yank looking design is precisely because they intend selling in banjo land...... Looks like a love child between a wannabe Dodge Ram and a Ford Fiesta. The looks will no doubt grow on us all

OP
OP
jonandshell

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
Read somewhere that the yank looking design is precisely because they intend selling in banjo land...... Looks like a love child between a wannabe Dodge Ram and a Ford Fiesta. The looks will no doubt grow on us all

The Sprinter seems to be doing well there.
Ford must think there is room for a patriotic competitor in the marketplace. The European build quality should help!

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
It was in the press that Chausson have the new Ford Transit Mk 8 motorhome chassis exclusive to them for one year before it is rolled out to other manufacturers. Not sure about the new shape though - does look like a quiff! Perhaps it looks better on a low profile design?

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Just looked at the videos - not sure any better in low profile! Be interesting to see these at the NEC(y)

lou020

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 5, 2010
huddersfield
Funster No
MH
autotrail chieftain
Exp
since 2010
I give it 6 m0nths before ford bring out an updated version.. It MUST be the UGLIEST front end i have ever seen.
i would certainly never buy one of these. Horrible does'nt come close..similar to the new ducato etc.

OP
OP
jonandshell

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
I give it 6 m0nths before ford bring out an updated version.. It MUST be the UGLIEST front end i have ever seen.
i would certainly never buy one of these. Horrible does'nt come close..similar to the new ducato etc.

I must admit, we are glad we have a Mk 7!

The look will probably be a grower though. Being a Transit, there will be loads of them on the roads in due course.

I think I am right in saying that the gross weight of the new model will be up to 5.5 tonnes. It would keep Iveco on their toes for some larger conversions.

lou020

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 5, 2010
huddersfield
Funster No
MH
autotrail chieftain
Exp
since 2010
Yes i agree. being a transit,it will still be the best van on the market, and sell like hot cakes no matter what they look like. my mate has just bought one,, a big comedown though, his old one was the 3.1ltr 5 cyl 200HP. That went like a rocket. his new one is the LWB 2.2 i think.

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
It looks a lot better if the grill is painted the same as the rest.. PS they are made in Turkey so much for European Build quality. But I will get one of those if I get another Chausson,,but wish they were rear wheel drive. as for ugly what about those FIAT things , now they really are.
DUCK TAKE COVER

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
Does anyone remember the Ford Scorpio, the "wide mouthed frog".

Even the head of Ford in Britain described it as "a marketing challenge". It did not last long.

OP
OP
jonandshell

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
There's loads of new Transits on the road though! Nobody actually bought a Scorpio!

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Does anyone remember the Ford Scorpio, the "wide mouthed frog".

Even the head of Ford in Britain described it as "a marketing challenge". It did not last long.
Yes, the marketing men described the headlights as "the jewels of the front of the car" - they didn't even believe it themselves. However it did develop into Ford's very successful "edge design"

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
It would not look as bad if the grill is painted body colour. I want to get a chausson with Ford base and I would do that to it and also call her PEPPA for obvious reasons Still do not like Fiat front ends,So at the moment keep the Mk 6 base.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back