Free Member
Mar 8, 2016
leicester
Funster No
MH
euramobil 810
Exp
since birth
So this weekend, i got to fetch this little beauty, bike i raced in 2015 , coming back to me as a training / spare bike.

344 #2.jpg

Only trouble is , its 4ft tall , and the garage is 4ft tall. The off road version, is another 3 inches on top, and even if i pull it down on forks, its tight, and a ball ache.

So after struggling to find the right wheel, i picked up this from Machine Mart.

344.jpg

Banged the bearings out of it, and fitted some spacers , and now it fits great. Not really a pain in the arse, as the wheels have to come out for tyres anyway , and it makes it a lot better than lifting it in with the spindle.

Enword

Free Member
May 20, 2014
Devon
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Race van conversion for years
Yellow Tyre's are the future ;)

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
You're not thinking of sitting on that thing are you ?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
PhilG

PhilG

Free Member
Mar 8, 2016
leicester
Funster No
MH
euramobil 810
Exp
since birth
A few of my pals Have had to do that

The Burstners are tall enough to get them in, but the rear floor is a lot lower, and when you are loaded , they drag the arse everywhere, but i knew it was an issue. Lifting the bed is the option i am looking at now.

Sep 15, 2009
Sussex coast
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
learning
the 747s not the argos can be tight Ive seen beds raised on them I think if I ever bought a camper for just mx it would be a Fun Mover money no option an RS that takes 4 bikes. I cant see either happening anytime soon

OP
OP
PhilG

PhilG

Free Member
Mar 8, 2016
leicester
Funster No
MH
euramobil 810
Exp
since birth
the 747s not the argos can be tight Ive seen beds raised on them I think if I ever bought a camper for just mx it would be a Fun Mover money no option an RS that takes 4 bikes. I cant see either happening anytime soon

RS are all overweight before you put owt in them , let alone 4 bikes. We are just resigned to taking 2 vehicles , if we both ride, the upside of that is i can leave when i want and not have to faff about, and stick all the cr@p in the little van.. we get 2 in OK , and all the kit,i dont have budget to go bigger, and i have had bigger and while its nice at the track, its not so nice having a brake master cylinder fail in Berlin, in a vehicle with no recovery on it.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back