New Touring Park In Cornwall (2 Viewers)

Apr 16, 2017
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Hymer Mli570
Exp
Getting better
I thought I would draw attention to the setting up of a new Adult only and dog friendly Touring Park in Cornwall.
A very good friend and former Motorhomer has worked for the last 2 years to create a fabulous all serviced 25 site touring park on the outskirts of Carnon Downs (situated midway between Truro and Falmouth) which is due to open in May this year 2018.
He has been tirelessly working against this winters weather on the site and on opening in May it will have large hard standing pitches with outstanding rural views.
The site is surrounded by a network of footpaths great for walking dogs and it is within a few hundred yards of the Coast To Coast Cycle trail.
The local village about 10 minutes walk has a wonderful frequent bus service to all parts of the county, a well serviced ‘Spar’ (with butchery, bakery and excellent well priced beers and wines) The village also has doctors surgery, dentist, and hair stylist.
The owners Dave & Alison Pye are offering 2 Bank Holiday specials, I could go on but for those interested have a look at their website www.carnonwollastouringpark.co.uk. Tel 07584065841
Jim B

Feb 26, 2012
Funster No
MH
coach
Exp
Motorhome since 2006 (caravanning 38yrs)
The website doesn't show a map of the actual location or an address to view it's location on google maps.
We pulled into a site, in that area last summer, that was being developed next to what appeared to be a shop of some sort.
Just wondering if it is the same place or another.

OP
OP
Jimbo50
Apr 16, 2017
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Hymer Mli570
Exp
Getting better
Hi @Eddystone. Thanks for the info I'll tell Alison to upload co-ordinates on the new website. It can be seen under early development stages on Google Earth using their post code and looking just along the drive.
I don’t think its the place you may have seen last summer as it is out on its own, away from shops etc. Postcode towards bottom of home page TR3 6GR
Jim

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Jimbo50
Apr 16, 2017
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Hymer Mli570
Exp
Getting better
7242A698-66DC-4F96-A53E-8597DABD370E.png
Just had confirmation from Dave & Alison that they have updated the home page

Feb 26, 2012
Funster No
MH
coach
Exp
Motorhome since 2006 (caravanning 38yrs)
Thank you. I missed the post code.

I think the place we saw is nearer to Playing Place

OP
OP
Jimbo50
Apr 16, 2017
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Hymer Mli570
Exp
Getting better
Hi @Eddystone you probably saw the development of a group of ‘Static Homes’ opposite the filling station at Playing Place. The Carnonwollas site is about 200 meters off Bisso Road, Carnon Downs
The owners were pleased that you highlighted that co-ordinates and a google link needed adding to the website
All the best with their thanks and mine.
Jim

jollyrodger

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2012
Devon/Cornwall
Funster No
MH
'Obby
Exp
Since 1968'ish
To find us:

LAT: 50.221757

LON: -5.09698

or type in carnonwollastouringpark on google maps.

Thanks for the info will probably have a wander down that way when it opens (y)

Last edited:
Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
It might of interest to us who havn't got a Satnav if you can tell us what road you are on, A road or B road? near what point we could recognise, ie the Garden Center, the Spar shop, the Bissoe X roads?
How close you are to the main A39? What the prices are outside of the "special offer" mid season, high season, low season?, and maybe realise that White on a light Olive green is hard to read.

OP
OP
Jimbo50
Apr 16, 2017
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Hymer Mli570
Exp
Getting better
Hi @rangitira the site is off Bissoe Road (B Road), Carnon Downs, which is found leaving the A39 at the roundabout at the top of the Carnon Downs By-Pass travelling towards the village and taking the second on the right at the 5 way junction onto Bissoe Rd past the Doctors Surgery (last building on the left hand side) then continue approx 200 meters to the entrance road which is the first on the left. Then take the single track road and the site is approx 200 meters straight ahead. There will be signage for the site prior to opening.
They have decide to keep their prices fixed at £15/night all season to include electric hook up, water and grey waste on every pitch.
Hope this helps and as I mentioned these are friends and I have no other connection other than trying to support them in my limited way by spreading the word.
I will mention the White on Green to them, with thanks
Jim

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
Just down the road from me, I’ll have a look next time I’m at the doctors or garden centre....(y)

Enword

Free Member
May 20, 2014
Devon
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Race van conversion for years
Last minute dot com we are checking in later today @Jimbo50 , get that murky weather moved on please :p

OP
OP
Jimbo50
Apr 16, 2017
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Hymer Mli570
Exp
Getting better
@Enword The weather is looking great. Fog burning off, no wind so expecting a great weekend. Feeling nice and warm
Update: clear blue skies absolutely beautiful now.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jimbo50
Apr 16, 2017
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Hymer Mli570
Exp
Getting better
@olley There should be no problem as the site owners cut back all the overhang and side growth just before the bird nesting season this year. This road is also used by heavy transport as well.

Nov 4, 2015
Waterlooville
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2011
We are currently visiting family in Falmouth (Not in the MH alas) so decided to take a walk out to Carnon Downs and have a look at Carnon Woolas. The site is lovely, with stunning views from all pitches. We will certainly make use of it later in the year when we come down in the van. Spoke to the very friendly owners who look to be going every extra yard to make the site as perfect as possible and with EHU, Water and Grey Waste drainage on every pitch what is not to like. The nearest pub is the Old Quay Inn at Devoran, which is in a great location and does really good food. It is about a 25 min walk. It is also not far from the Pandora Inn at Restronguet.

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
Thanks for the heads up @Jimbo50 when we get the OK to pick up our MH from Somerset Dealers next week, we will head on down to your mates place as we love independently owned places, especially adult only ones. Cant book definite dates yet though as dealer is waiting for Dometic FF parts.
Les

Enword

Free Member
May 20, 2014
Devon
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Race van conversion for years
Well what a great site, the actual pitches are really good, good space between, each one has fresh water,grey waste & hookup, some with services on the other side for continental vans, very quite & the view is amazing, no shower or toilet block as of yet but we never use them anyway, friendly & helpful owners who are new to this but ex motorhomers, who from reading between the line's have had to jump through hoop's to get this project off the ground, The only thing that cropped up was cream or jam first & they being Cornish they do it wrong but we tried;) they do pronounce scone the proper way though so all is not lost (y) Please ignore all of the above as we want to go back & don't want to find it all booked up :p
Ps
Take hose or lay-flat or bucket for your grey waste

Clarkster

Free Member
Feb 10, 2018
Devon
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
Hi @Jimbo50
Hope you and your good lady are well
Have decided at the last minute to book to re visit Carnon Wollas Touring Park as we were so impressed with our last stay.
http://www.carnonwollastouringpark.co.uk/
Once again they are offering another introductory special offer for this Bank Holiday Weekend. £10 per night electric hook up included.
Had such an amazing time there the last Bank Holiday just had to return ASAP.
Appreciate you guys are busy this weekend but have talked sister & bro in law into joining us. They currently still have pitches available.

Clarkster

Free Member
Feb 10, 2018
Devon
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
Hi @Flapsey
Looking forward to a fantastic weekend with Dave & Ali at Carnon Wollas Touring Park
http://www.carnonwollastouringpark.co.uk/
Can't wait to see you guys in your new van now you've got it.
Surprisingly they still have pitches left available for the Bank Holiday at £10 per night with EHU.
Weather is meant to be good again so should be amazing.
See you there.

OP
OP
Jimbo50
Apr 16, 2017
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Hymer Mli570
Exp
Getting better
Hi @Clarkster
Sorry not to be able to be with you this weekend. Hope that you have a great time. I’ll miss the cream teas and good company.
We hope to catch up soon.
Best wishes to you both

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back