New Touring Park in Cornwall now open (1 Viewer)

Apr 16, 2017
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Hymer Mli570
Exp
Getting better
Back in February I posted about a good friend of mine setting up a new touring park near Truro in Cornwall. Www.carnonwollastouringpark.co.uk
Well he’s beaten the weather and has officially opened early.
He informed me today that the May bank holiday special has 2 other funsters booked, so I’m looking forward to meeting up with them.
Check out the last post I made (Feb 10th) and see if it may suit other funsters if they haven’t made any plans for the Bank Holiday.
Jim

ctc

Oct 12, 2015
Crowle
Funster No
MH
Hymer b680
Exp
New
Is there a bus? They must know you are suggesting this site to motorhome owners. Why are English campsite owners so secretive about public transport?

OP
OP
Jimbo50
Apr 16, 2017
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Hymer Mli570
Exp
Getting better
@ctc If you had a look at the original post back in February there was a full description of local services, bus routes etc. No secrecy I can assure you from the owners of the site.
I’m looking forward to finding out which ‘Funsters’ have already booked

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
£30 bank holiday weekend sounds like a good deal unless I'm missing something. Sadly it's an adult only site and at the moment a no go. :(

OP
OP
Jimbo50
Apr 16, 2017
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Hymer Mli570
Exp
Getting better
@movan now I know its not you that have booked. So I’ve only another 33,982 Funsters to guess who’s coming down to the site. Lol

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Have you added the site to Campercontact?

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
@ctc If you had a look at the original post back in February there was a full description of local services, bus routes etc. No secrecy I can assure you from the owners of the site.
It needs to be on their website. :)
But it looks an interesting alternative to say Portscatho but it is only a few pounds cheaper per night and has no facilities and isn't beside the sea. But I wish them luck with this new venture. I think they need to be a bit more flexible on departure and leaving times and the threat of a £25 "fine" for dog fouling is of questionable legality. How are they going to enforce it? They can't.

OP
OP
Jimbo50
Apr 16, 2017
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Hymer Mli570
Exp
Getting better
@tacr2man Site been accessed by 20t trucks hauling road hardcore. Not sure regards limit on MH’s but I’m told RV’s no problem.

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
It needs to be on their website. :)
But it looks an interesting alternative to say Portscatho but it is only a few pounds cheaper per night and has no facilities and isn't beside the sea. But I wish them luck with this new venture. I think they need to be a bit more flexible on departure and leaving times and the threat of a £25 "fine" for dog fouling is of questionable legality. How are they going to enforce it? They can't.
Maybe if visitors agree to the owners charging £25 on booking, for collecting their doggy poop it’s not a fine as such, just a clearly described service charge.

Reactions: DBK

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Good luck it looks a lovely place to stay.
If we ever get down the hat way we will deffo book!

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
I think they need to be a bit more flexible on departure and leaving times
Agree, how can anyone be off a site by 11, that's breckies time. It's things like that that really puts me off sites.
On a sensible camper stop in Spain a couple of weeks ago, leaving time was 8pm, I managed that.:)

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jimbo50
Apr 16, 2017
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Hymer Mli570
Exp
Getting better
@Lenny HB Fully agree with all you say.
Problems that rear their ugly head nowadays from “Council Planning departments”. They stipulate conditions of site entry and exit times, on site owner and to state these times on website or they wont grant permission.

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Agree, how can anyone be off a site by 11, that's breckies time. It's things like that that really put me off sites.
On a sensible camper stop in Spain a couple of weeks ago, leaving time was 8pm, I managed that.:)
That’s typical checkout time in a hotel

OP
OP
Jimbo50
Apr 16, 2017
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Hymer Mli570
Exp
Getting better
Just shows us that we're not that welcome here in UK. Councils would much rather have hoteliers than motorhomers hence all the conditions placed on everything from planning conditions for someone trying to set up a MH site to height restrictions on car park entrances

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
@Lenny HB Fully agree with all you say.
Problems that rear their ugly head nowadays from “Council Planning departments”. They stipulate conditions of site entry and exit times, on site owner and to state these times on website or they wont grant permission.
That's rediculaus, if someone is staying more than one night they can come and go at anytime of day so why have restrictions on booking in and out.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Just shows us that we're not that welcome here in UK. Councils would much rather have hoteliers than motorhomers hence all the conditions placed on everything from planning conditions for someone trying to set up a MH site to height restrictions on car park entrances
Yep, they drive us away, I do 4 or 5 nights in the UK and 100 to 130 abroad. Would love to do more in the UK but can't be bothered with the hassle.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Eleven oclock leaving is fine by us. We usually leave earlier than that if we are travelling so we can arrive at the next destination early afternoon.
But not before 15:00. :)

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
I’m looking forward to finding out which ‘Funsters’ have already booked

A link to that post would be useful to save searching?

OP
OP
Jimbo50
Apr 16, 2017
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Hymer Mli570
Exp
Getting better
@Bailey58 thanks for your comment. I’m wasn’t sure how to create a link, more learning needed for me!!

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Looks nice priced well but it does get me when your paying £2 a day for the dog, :rolleyes: and the arrival and departure times would put me off. :whistle:
Even with our apartment our cleaner is very flexible on letting people come early and stay later depending on when the next guest is arriving. (y) Bob

Ivory55

Free Member
May 23, 2012
North West Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2012
I appreciate nobody forces you to use a particular site but I must admit when it’s plus this and plus that it does put me off a bit. I much prefer just to see the price.

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
I was hoping someone else would tell you @Jimbo50 as it's easier to do it than describe it. :LOL:

Go to the address bar of the link you want to save, in this case:

https://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/threads/new-touring-park-in-cornwall.169647/

Put you mouse pointer at the beginning of the address, left click and drag to highlight the whole address (it will be in blue), let go of the mouse leaving the address highlighted, and press Control and C on your keyboard to copy it.
That is: CTRL and C

Go back to your post and using something in your text i.e. Here or new touring park and highlight it in the same way then click on the chain (link, gettit?) in the menu of icons at the top of your post. This will bring up a box with a URL space where you can now past that address you copied. This time you can use CTRL + V to paste or simply right click in the space and choose Paste from the options. :)

Edit: Just to confuse you further a web address will usually show up as a link in it's own right without any magic as did the address of your February post but it is good to know how to do a link something else.

Clarkster

Free Member
Feb 10, 2018
Devon
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
Hi @Jimbo50
You will be pleased to know it will be us that are joining you at the site. Looking at it I think it sounds a like a bargain, a fully serviced hard standing pitch with water and waste for £15 per night. I know there are no showers or toilets at the moment, but there are probably lots like us who have the facilities on board and happy to use them where water and waste are on every pitch. I know the area quite well and where it is situated I know the views will be fantastic and it will be peaceful. It's also situated between my two favourite places Truro and Falmouth. Always up for supporting a brand new venture. Look forward to seeing you there. Take care.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back