New TomTom Go Expert (1 Viewer)

Jan 13, 2014
Leeds - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
40+
I have tried most GPS brands over the years but TomTom is my preferred one, l am currently using a TomTom Truck 6250 which l find quite exceptional,however, l have had it a while and reckon even exceptional can be improved upon so when l received a heads up on the the TomTom for Truckers this could be worthwhile. It has many advanced features over the 6250 including a larger screen and improved Touch facility Map downloads etc etc so l committed and decided to treat myself.

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
Not long enough, but a little common sense helps..........
Binned them all so time ago and only use the Waze app now. Very up-to-date and warnings of all sorts. Can plan routes on the computer and send to phone or ask for a place by name and it finds it 99% ofthe time.

Best of all it's FREE

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Binned them all so time ago and only use the Waze app now. Very up-to-date and warnings of all sorts. Can plan routes on the computer and send to phone or ask for a place by name and it finds it 99% ofthe time.

Best of all it's FREE
I'm guessing the OP wants something you can feed vehicle width/height into.

I use Google Maps now but it can take my PVC down some narrow roads. If you have a larger vehicle the truck devices/apps can be very useful. Remember the recent thread of someone exploring Slapton in an Ubergrossewagon. :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Littlewheels
Jan 13, 2014
Leeds - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
40+
I'm guessing the OP wants something you can feed vehicle width/height into.
Perfect guess, we are all very different and demand varied requirements on our journeys and lifestyle whilst travelling.
l have used Google locally when trying to locate a particular company to collect or similar and find it very frustrating and slow but accept it suits others.

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
Not long enough, but a little common sense helps..........
Well I would say to many folk rely on their "so-called sat nav" to get them from A to B without using their brain........ and the "mark one EYE ball"

By entering your veh details makes you lazy and too trusting of satnav (ask those who have got stuck in narrow lanes)

Satnav is great (they are all basically the same) and saves time and fights with the other half, but NEVER ever forget to use your eyes and brain.

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
I bought a Samsung A tablet for sat nav and loaded Sygic. Must say I'm disappointed with the Bluetooth interface with cab radio, mutes radio randomly and for much too long, also the audio has become very prone to interference.
Google maps however seems to work beautifully, my only gripe is no lane guidance as far as I can see (although not fully investigated yet) I not a problem in UK, but abroad, with unfamiliar road layouts and signs I find it very useful.
I might try waze now for comparison

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
Xgody x4
9" screen at about ÂŁ60 from all good eBay retailers ;).
Excellent support group on FB with map updates.
Used in conjunction with Waze
(y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back