Free Member
Jan 27, 2012
Pembrokeshire
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi been camping for many years but got to the age where comfort was more important than mobility. Bought my van conversion september 2011, used it once then found out it was a "fur coat with no knickers", looked good but the gas installation was totally illegal and was condemed by a gas safe engineer.
Van has been the subject of a trading standards investigation and recently the HSE have got involved.....so much for buying a professional conversion, my hamster would have made a better job:roflmto:
Van is now being fixed, so looking forward to getting out there planning to take a cruise around the highlands and Skye

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
:thumb:welcome and i hope the van gets sorted:thumb:

can we say your van was a "COMMANDO":Eeek::Doh::Doh:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
Hi and Welcome from France.

Sorry to hear you've had a less than good start. I had a similar experience buying a vehicle in France. But it's worth soldiering on.

Good luck with the Trading Standards etc.. I was really lucky to get my money back (esp as my French is abysmal and I donlt really know my rights here)

OP
OP
W

Wozza1981

Free Member
Jan 27, 2012
Pembrokeshire
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
I'm a newbie
Thank you all for the warm welcome

I have been persevering and can now see light at the end of the tunnel::bigsmile:
I believe trading standards are taking the company to court, after which, i'll set a team of ambulance chasing claim lawyers onto him, its the least i can do, after all the van was so dangerous, we could have been toasted:Eeek:

Now looking forward to hitting the road, fancy trying a bit of wild camping in the highlands, but first, a couple of local trips to try it all out:thumb:

See you all out there!!!:Cool:

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Welcome to Fun :thumb:

Fur coat with no knickers, never heard that one before, bit like our Hilda and his thong :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Peter

JOHNSTEY

Free Member
Jan 14, 2011
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Our fourth glorious year!
Welcome Wozza...fur coat and nae knickers ...isn't that an old Edinburgh saying? Good luck and enjoy the highlands.
John:thumb:

OP
OP
W

Wozza1981

Free Member
Jan 27, 2012
Pembrokeshire
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
I'm a newbie
Welcome to Fun :thumb:

Fur coat with no knickers, never heard that one before, bit like our Hilda and his thong :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Peter

Peter, i think the quote comes from a mike harding production, literally means Having a superficially positive appearance that is belied by the reality, e.g., superficially elegant and beautiful but actually sleazy.:cry:
I also think my dad used that quote about a couple of my early girlfriends:Doh:

Andy

OP
OP
W

Wozza1981

Free Member
Jan 27, 2012
Pembrokeshire
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
I'm a newbie
Thank you dylan

A warm welcome from me too :Smile:

Thanks for the link to the CL site looks great and only a few miles up the road from me, ideal to give my van a try out, i can see me spending a few weekends there::bigsmile:

Best regards

Andy

scran

Free Member
Jan 22, 2008
washington
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
welcome

:welcomefunster:sorry to hear of your trouble you will love Scotland were prob going up there in july

motor roamin

Funster
May 23, 2010
Leicester
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2 mins
:flyingwelcome: Hope you get the van sorted and get compensation, too many people try to get away with selling a sows ear looking like a silk purse......as for the other saying it must go way back before Mike Harding he wasn't born when my grandmother used to say it :ROFLMAO:

Welcome to fun enjoy the van and hope to see you at a meet some time.

All the best Rick

Jul 28, 2010
The world
Funster No
MH
Small car
Exp
:welcomefunster:
hope you tour of Scotland goes well
i did a 2 month tour in 2008 Feb /march
was a great trip did get a bit cold
but the country side is so beautiful you forget the weather

:thumb:
Hi been camping for many years but got to the age where comfort was more important than mobility. Bought my van conversion september 2011, used it once then found out it was a "fur coat with no knickers", looked good but the gas installation was totally illegal and was condemed by a gas safe engineer.
Van has been the subject of a trading standards investigation and recently the HSE have got involved.....so much for buying a professional conversion, my hamster would have made a better job:roflmto:
Van is now being fixed, so looking forward to getting out there planning to take a cruise around the highlands and Skye

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back