New (to us) Vantage Neo pick up soon. (1 Viewer)

Oct 11, 2020
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hello new to the group and first time motorhomers. We are hopefully picking up a used Vantage Neo next week. Its eight years old but shows hardly any wear and tear. Cant wait to start our adventures. Have already found this group tremendously helpful.

Jul 1, 2012
Nr Whitby
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
On & off since late70s
A truly splendid choice if i may say so.
bet you can’t guess what we have.

OP
OP
martinplant
Oct 11, 2020
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
I'm a newbie
A truly splendid choice if i may say so.
bet you can’t guess what we have.
Let me hazard a guess :) It seems to fit the bill perfectly for us we did briefly consider a 6m van but for extended trips I think the extra length is worth it. Our is a 2012 model and shows hardly any wear and tear.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Welcome! And best wishes with your Neo or should that be "Not-so-Neo"? :)

Happy travels anyway. :)

PS. Our PVC will be 8 next year too. :)

OP
OP
martinplant
Oct 11, 2020
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
I'm a newbie
Welcome! And best wishes with your Neo or should that be "Not-so-Neo"? :)

Happy travels anyway. :)

PS. Our PVC will be 8 next year too. :)
Good point I hadn't thought of that :)
Thank you

Reactions: DBK

AndyPK

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 7, 2015
Cirencester
Funster No
MH
None……..!
Exp
Motorhoming since 2015......
Welcome from a very wet Ciren!
(y) 🌧🌧🌧

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Hello new to the group and first time motorhomers. We are hopefully picking up a used Vantage Neo next week. Its eight years old but shows hardly any wear and tear. Cant wait to start our adventures. Have already found this group tremendously helpful.
First up..... ex neighbour had a Vantage Neo. Really nice bit of kit (y) strictly in motorhome terms (no dirty minds), a bit of extra length is always useful in a PVC.

Finally congratulations and w2f lots of great advice and also good for banter on here

OP
OP
martinplant
Oct 11, 2020
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
I'm a newbie
First up..... ex neighbour had a Vantage Neo. Really nice bit of kit (y) strictly in motorhome terms (no dirty minds), a bit of extra length is always useful in a PVC.

Finally congratulations and w2f lots of great advice and also good for banter on here
Thank you it does seem to be well made and a layout that suits us.

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
Welcome to the house of fun ...

Start off by staying in your van on your drive if you can, treat it as though you're away and don't go in the house for anything unless it's a real emergency, if you haven't got something then try to do without it for the night. You will soon work out what you need and don't need and how everything works. Better to do it there than in a field somewhere where you don't have the option to get something 'extra'.

OP
OP
martinplant
Oct 11, 2020
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
I'm a newbie
Welcome to the house of fun ...

Start off by staying in your van on your drive if you can, treat it as though you're away and don't go in the house for anything unless it's a real emergency, if you haven't got something then try to do without it for the night. You will soon work out what you need and don't need and how everything works. Better to do it there than in a field somewhere where you don't have the option to get something 'extra'.
Hello. Thank you. We’re picking up from Leeds so we’re going to spend a few nights in Yorkshire before heading home. We’re seasoned tent campers so will just work off the camping packing lists and add in the Motorhome essentials. I think we’ll be fine 😊

Anjistar

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 8, 2020
South West
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
2 months in 2017, continually since October 2020

We picked up our new-to-us five-year-old Neo, our first ever campervan, just over a week ago! Absolutely loving it. It took us a fair while to decide, but in the end the Neo was absolutely the right decision. We spent most of one day inside when the weather was bad, and it was a lovely space to be in.

We stayed at Glenfield near Leeds for one night (a good thing as the water pump had a hissy fit and we had to go back the next day for a new pump and tap), then headed to the Dales for 3 nights and the Lakes for 4. Like you, we have a camping list and packed from that which was fine. We took thermarest mats but didn't use them, just a duvet under and over, the seats are very comfortable.

The only thing we were actually missing was a fresh water hose, so if one is not already included, you'll need one, and several adapters - we came across three differently-threaded drinking water taps in 7 days!

Vantage people are lovely, all was explained in such comprehensive detail that I have 4 pages of notes!

Have fun!

OP
OP
martinplant
Oct 11, 2020
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
I'm a newbie
We picked up our new-to-us five-year-old Neo, our first ever campervan, just over a week ago! Absolutely loving it. It took us a fair while to decide, but in the end the Neo was absolutely the right decision. We spent most of one day inside when the weather was bad, and it was a lovely space to be in.

We stayed at Glenfield near Leeds for one night (a good thing as the water pump had a hissy fit and we had to go back the next day for a new pump and tap), then headed to the Dales for 3 nights and the Lakes for 4. Like you, we have a camping list and packed from that which was fine. We took thermarest mats but didn't use them, just a duvet under and over, the seats are very comfortable.

The only thing we were actually missing was a fresh water hose, so if one is not already included, you'll need one, and several adapters - we came across three differently-threaded drinking water taps in 7 days!

Vantage people are lovely, all was explained in such comprehensive detail that I have 4 pages of notes!

Have fun!
Cool thank you our plan is to stay in Leeds one night then the Dales for two. I have to be back for blood tests on Monday and chemo on Tuesday. After that the next plan is ten days or so in Scotland, three weeks from now.

I had cottoned on about the water hose and have one on order. Hadn't thought about the adapters though thank you for that tip.

Ours is a bit older than yours but I don't think much has changed. There are a few snags being sorted and a couple of things we are upgrading. Ours is coming from Consort.

Apr 26, 2016
Preston
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2003
Yes, good choice Martin, we have had a Neo for 4 years and found it to be a comfortable and reliable van. Hope you enjoy it as much as we enjoy ours. Welcome to the Fun Club

OP
OP
martinplant
Oct 11, 2020
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
I'm a newbie
Yes, good choice Martin, we have had a Neo for 4 years and found it to be a comfortable and reliable van. Hope you enjoy it as much as we enjoy ours. Welcome to the Fun Club
Thank you that’s good to hear.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back