Free Member
Dec 5, 2011
norfolk
Funster No
MH
Low profile C Class
Exp
Since 1997
Brinley from Simpsons brought the Autosleeper Broadway to our home yesterday, it fitted in the drive ok, we were very pleased, but he damp tested our Bolero and found the floor at the back damp,☹️ nothing new there then, we agreed a p/ex deal, we will be handing in our Bolero after our Xmas trip to Sandringham, then collecting the A/S in March when we return from Spain.

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
images (12).jpg
welcome animated smiley3.gif

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
Congratulations on your purchase :xThumb: ... I'm sure all dealers use special damp meters that find damp where none exists so they can keep the trade-in price lower.:wink:

We have only used Simpsons for servicing but always found them very good and helpful .... would like to have bought from them but they didn't have a moho to suit us at the time.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

RowleyBirkinQC

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 20, 2014
Dazed & Confused
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2007
Congratulations on your purchase :xThumb: ... I'm sure all dealers use special damp meters that find damp where none exists so they can keep the trade-in price lower.

I can only speak from our very recent experience (Tuesday 13th Dec) when part exchanging our 2006 Autotrail Tracker at Becks Motorhomes, they damp checked it and found no "bogus" damp, consistent with the Hab Check we had in May of this year. :xsmile:

More importantly, congrats on your new van! :xThumb:

OP
OP
injebreck99

injebreck99

Free Member
Dec 5, 2011
norfolk
Funster No
MH
Low profile C Class
Exp
Since 1997
Brinley from Simpsons is very honest, I crawled under the van with him and he showed me where the damp was, it was obvious when you knew where to look.

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
I can only speak from our very recent experience (Tuesday 13th Dec) when part exchanging our 2006 Autotrail Tracker at Becks Motorhomes, they damp checked it and found no "bogus" damp, consistent with the Hab Check we had in May of this year. :xsmile:

More importantly, congrats on your new van! :xThumb:
Sorry I was only jesting about the dealers & damp meters ... we also bought our latest moho from Becks whom we have found excellent.:xThumb:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Just one thing ... have you checked with Swift if this is covered by them as they had a lot of issues with damp floors due to a 'fault' which they rectified FOC if the MH was built during the period that it happened? If so, then if they fix it your MH will probably be worth more in PX ... worth a phone call to Swift????

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Just one thing ... have you checked with Swift if this is covered by them as they had a lot of issues with damp floors due to a 'fault' which they rectified FOC if the MH was built during the period that it happened? If so, then if they fix it your MH will probably be worth more in PX ... worth a phone call to Swift????

Hey - BACK OFF.

That's the dealer dealer's Christmas Lunch you're sniping at.

Kevan

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 18, 2014
Kent and south west France
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
30 years caravan/motorhome
I have my own protimeter and when i part ex anything i have it in my hand when they do the damp test, they have never found damp?
s-l500.jpg

OP
OP
injebreck99

injebreck99

Free Member
Dec 5, 2011
norfolk
Funster No
MH
Low profile C Class
Exp
Since 1997
Our Bolero is a 2009 model, although almost certainly built before that, I have been quoted only £1K for the repairs, so can't be bothered to involve Swift re repairs, £1K less for the trade in is not worth bothering about.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Our Bolero is a 2009 model, although almost certainly built before that, I have been quoted only £1K for the repairs, so can't be bothered to involve Swift re repairs, £1K less for the trade in is not worth bothering about.
:xeek:

Neckender

Free Member
Oct 15, 2007
Neckend or North Wales.
Funster No
MH
VW T6.1Kombi day Van
Exp
Since 2004
Brinley from Simpsons brought the Autosleeper Broadway to our home yesterday, it fitted in the drive ok, we were very pleased, but he damp tested our Bolero and found the floor at the back damp,☹️ nothing new there then, we agreed a p/ex deal, we will be handing in our Bolero after our Xmas trip to Sandringham, then collecting the A/S in March when we return from Spain.

@injebreck99 is the Broadway that you are buying second hand, if so remove the fridge vents and check the apertures that the fridge vents clip to. As a number of us Broadway owners on the Auto Sleeper forum have found numerous cracks to these apertures, and rain water gets into the cracks and causes damp at the back of the fridge area, my Broadway is 2 years and 8 months old and is going back to Auto Sleepers in January to have the 4th set fitted under warranty.
Also a number of us had the fibre glass gel blown under the front roof light above the cab mine was blown in 3 places where Auto Sleepers had fitted screws that were to long that held the front roof light together, all fixed under warranty.

John.

OP
OP
injebreck99

injebreck99

Free Member
Dec 5, 2011
norfolk
Funster No
MH
Low profile C Class
Exp
Since 1997
@injebreck99 is the Broadway that you are buying second hand, if so remove the fridge vents and check the apertures that the fridge vents clip to. As a number of us Broadway owners on the Auto Sleeper forum have found numerous cracks to these apertures, and rain water gets into the cracks and causes damp at the back of the fridge area, my Broadway is 2 years and 8 months old and is going back to Auto Sleepers in January to have the 4th set fitted under warranty.
Also a number of us had the fibre glass gel blown under the front roof light above the cab mine was blown in 3 places where Auto Sleepers had fitted screws that were to long that held the front roof light together, all fixed under warranty.

John.
The one we are buying is a 2015 Broadway EL DUO, I will have to get these things checked if they are known or recurring faults. Thanks for the heads up:xThumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back