HappySCL

Free Member
Oct 6, 2020
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin SGX
Exp
Newbies!
Good Afternoon Steve and I are very new to this having purchased our first Motorhome last Saturday. However we don’t expect to take delivery until the end of November so we thought we’d use the time wisely to find out as much as we can about owning a motorhome, pick up some tips and enjoy the ride. In the past we generally spent time in the UK on short hotel breaks with most of our travels being across the water- somewhere. Now we’re looking forward to enjoying everything the UK has to offer including good food, fine wine, new running locations ( to counter act the former) and of course the opportunity to meet new and hopefully like minded people.

Jun 8, 2019
Bexley Kent
Funster No
MH
Given up Motorhoming
Exp
May 2019
Greetings peeps welcome from Bexley

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
:welcome3:

Exciting times, with a new van to collect at the end of November!

What are you getting?

Lots of invaluable info on here, plus plenty of banter... :giggle:

Enjoy the FUN! (y)

OP
OP
HappySCL

HappySCL

Free Member
Oct 6, 2020
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin SGX
Exp
Newbies!
We’ve chosen the Adria Twin 640 SGX as we wanted room for cycles and maybe a paddle board or 2. I’m just learning all about payloads 🤣 and then I’m going to look at levelling ramps.

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
We’ve chosen the Adria Twin 640 SGX as we wanted room for cycles and maybe a paddle board or 2. I’m just learning all about payloads 🤣 and then I’m going to look at levelling ramps.
Adria Twin 640 SGX - nice van!

Similar, but not quite the same layout as ours - a Rapido V68, which has fixed twin beds (or giant double) which can be folded to the sides to make an extra large storage area. External dimensions same as yours. The van conversion has served us well for the last 4+ years and taken us around the continent in comfort.

And yes, watch your payload, especially if like us, your van is plated at 3,500 kg. :unsure:;)

Good luck on your new adventures! (y)

OP
OP
HappySCL

HappySCL

Free Member
Oct 6, 2020
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin SGX
Exp
Newbies!
Adria Twin 640 SGX - nice van!

Similar, but not quite the same layout as ours - a Rapido V68, which has fixed twin beds (or giant double) which can be folded to the sides to make an extra large storage area. External dimensions same as yours. The van conversion has served us well for the last 4+ years and taken us around the continent in comfort.

And yes, watch your payload, especially if like us, your van is plated at 3,500 kg. :unsure:;)

Good luck on your new adventures! (y)
Thank you. We’re both very keen to get going! We hired a Hobby last week as a taster and we’re genuinely pleased hence to need to buy.

Feb 5, 2020
Crosby
Funster No
MH
Smileo 202
Exp
Was a Newbie but getting the hang of it now.
;bigwelcome: from Adele and Rob

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back