Mar 17, 2017
Heathfield, East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Symbol 2001
Exp
Since 2001
Hi everyone,
Just happened on the site as I was desperate to find out more about Speedo Problems on my 2001 Boxer.
I was so pleased to see that this seems to be a common problem and would like any up to date information. Just been to my local garage and was told to correct the problem the gearbox has to come out with a charge of £1200. Gulped and decided to look for some thoughts around or find a cheaper mechanic.
I look forward in all of your comments in the future on different subjects.

Jeff and terri

Free Member
Jan 3, 2017
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Ford transit twin wheel
Exp
3 years
:hi2::hiya:w2f Hope you get sorted I'm sure your question will be answered here probably by tomorrow now :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 4, 2016
West Sussex, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B680 Starline
Exp
Long term a few years now.
Water ingress into the gearbox is known to knock out syncromesh and speedo drives on ducato vans of that age and im guessing boxers as well. I may be wrong but i think they are nearly the same van .
The first thing i would do in your position would be to subscribe to the forum costs 15 quid a year but you will get that back many times over in advice and discounts and possible solutions to your problem.
Just my opinion

Steve (y)

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
animated welcome group purple.gif

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
Probably best to start a new thread in one of the technical sections. (dont know whether you can see them or not as a newbie) as you will certainly get better brains than mine on your subject.
My plan would be to change the speedo cable ! (i m suspecting that speedo cables dont even exist!)
Anyway welcome to the site and enjoy

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back