New to the Motorhome fun. (1 Viewer)

Stafford3000

Free Member
Aug 30, 2021
Funster No
MH
Just looking for one
Hi my names Paul and I haven't got a motorhome yet still looking and was wondering what if any is the best time to pick one up second hand. I am thinking about getting a hymer and was also wondering about what model, it just me and my wife now so we want to explore the UK and maybe France. Also thinking of taking a Motorbike with us. Any ideas or advice would be great.
Many thanks Paul.

RandallC

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 4, 2012
Devizes
Funster No
MH
A Class Rapido 8096
Exp
2012, prior too, 17 years Folding Camper & Caravan
Good luck with your search?

Welcome and make the most of your membership, lots to research and join in.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi Paul

Hymer are a great make but there are much more important considerations to make before you settle on a particular make, like the max weight you're allowed to drive, what length will fit at home, and what layout will serve you best and what is available in your price range. This will narrow your search down, then you can look at the different makes that fit the bill, Your ideal motorhome might well be a Hymer, but chances are it won't.

Exciting times, ask lots of questions here, and best of luck

Welcome to the fun. (y)

NB If you decide to subscribe here (Ā£20 a year) you can download this buyer guide free it could save you some serious do$h. (y) The Definitive Guide to Buying the Right Motorhome at the Best Price

OP
OP
Stafford3000

Stafford3000

Free Member
Aug 30, 2021
Funster No
MH
Just looking for one
Hi Paul

Hymer are a great make but there are much more important considerations to make before you settle on a particular make, like the max weight you're allowed to drive, what length will fit at home, and what layout will serve you best and what is available in your price range. This will narrow your search down, then you can look at the different makes that fit the bill, Your ideal motorhome might be a Hymer, but chances are it won't be.

Exciting times, ask lots of questions here, and best of luck

Welcome to the fun. (y)

NB If you decide to subscribe here (Ā£20 a year) you can download this buyer guide free it could save you some serious do$h. (y) The Definitive Guide to Buying the Right Motorhome at the Best Price
Thanks Jim much appreciated šŸ‘.

AndyPK

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 7, 2015
Cirencester
Funster No
MH
Noneā€¦ā€¦..!
Exp
Motorhoming since 2015......
Welcome from The Cotswolds! (y)

(Do you have C1 on your licenceā€¦..? :unsure: )

Mr porky

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 14, 2018
Middlewich, UK
Funster No
MH
Morelo home
Exp
Lots now
Welcome.
Just because a scooter or motorcycle can fit in a rear garage of a motorhome doesnā€™t mean you should do it. Look up payload.
That said itā€™s a great hobby and we love a motorhome and scooter combo.

Feb 18, 2017
Greenwich, London, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer MLT 570
Exp
Find the Hymer layout and payload that looks ideal (even if brand new) and then start searching for similar that fit your budget.

On FB there is a Hymer Owner Group, once you have joined up you will find attached files, one of the attached files is a spreadsheet of every make and model of Hymer from the 1980's to today.
Start by ticking off models you like/dislike - at least that may get the list to an acceptable length.

Having looked at many and rented several, we eventually limited our search to a Mercedes Hymer and got the list down to 3 models before we bought ours.

Jun 8, 2019
Bexley Kent
Funster No
MH
Given up Motorhoming
Exp
May 2019
Greetings peeps welcome from Bexley

OP
OP
Stafford3000

Stafford3000

Free Member
Aug 30, 2021
Funster No
MH
Just looking for one
Find the Hymer layout and payload that looks ideal (even if brand new) and then start searching for similar that fit your budget.

On FB there is a Hymer Owner Group, once you have joined up you will find attached files, one of the attached files is a spreadsheet of every make and model of Hymer from the 1980's to today.
Start by ticking off models you like/dislike - at least that may get the list to an acceptable length.

Having looked at many and rented several, we eventually limited our search to a Mercedes Hymer and got the list down to 3 models before we bought ours.
Thanks for that mate I have one model in mind at the moment which is the B614.

Nov 9, 2019
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
I'm a newbie
How You Doin Hello GIF by SVT

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!