Free Member
Dec 26, 2011
Shildon,Co Durham
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2007
hi all just saying hello and thanks for the welcome to the forum,my wife and i have been into campervanning since 2007,weve travelled europe a few times,and to many places on our beautiful island,having had a VW LT35 weve moved onto a big Hymer mercedes 660s auto,its lhd,old but compared to what we had, massive,i,m interested in any facts about this motorhome as i can get my ears around,plus any advice on motorhoming or other members experiences, Merry Christmas James ::bigsmile:

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
Hi James, welcome to MotorhomeFun. :thumb:
:flyingwelcome:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Hi and welcome to Motorhome fun, enjoy a great site with lots of information and fun.:welcomefunster:

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Hi and welcome

Might be better asking your qyestion after new year as site is quiet just now with folks being away or drunk:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Hi and welcome to the site. The Hymer 660 (fiat) and 660S (Mercedes) of earlier years were extremely well built you should be well please with it. Although the large engine does suffer from a lower than average fuel consumption in the Merc it is a reliable lump that if looked after is good for darn near a million miles. The one piece fiberglass roof and general construction virtually eliminates water ingress. The very early ones had a marine type toilet flushing to a black tank, later ones had a cassette . The built in remote start onan generator is a joy and combined with some solar panels can make you quite independent power wise. Almost everything on it is repairable despite the age though some parts are now becoming scarce. There are a number of members who have and love then, the 660S has a cult following along with the slightly longer 700. Many vans from the 80's and 90's still make the trip south to the sun every winter.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back