Free Member
Feb 17, 2016
teesside
Funster No
MH
looking to buy
Exp
Hi all,
Me and my wife are currently looking for a motorhome and have our eye one one so if all goes well then we might have it by the weekend.
With it been our first one we done want to spend a fortune one something were not sure of, but we are wondering will most motorhomes 5+ berth tow a 1750kg car and trailor combo ? Or do I need to be looking at different motorhomes ?
Thanks Snooky.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi Snooky, I would of thought you'd be OK with many motorhomes. But it depends on the Train Weight GTW or GCW of the motorhome you buy. Look carefully and have a good idea what you will weigh when fully loaded, deduct that from the train weight and see what you get.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Hi Snooky, Welcome to the forum... once everyone comes on the forum I am sure you will be given lots and lots of advice... Meantime if you are close to any of the meets just pop over and say hello to everyone and you will find they are really happy to talk over any questions, and their experiences, that you would like. :)

OP
OP
S

snooky

Free Member
Feb 17, 2016
teesside
Funster No
MH
looking to buy
Exp
Thanks for the welcomes,
We went to look at a motorhome just for ideas of what sort of layout we wanted and we ended up buying it.
It's not ready to pick up for a couple of weeks but it's a fiat Ducato knaus traveller 5 berth and seems great !
It's more than adequate for our first motorhome to see how we get on

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
If it doesn't have a tow bar fitted I suggest get some quotes as it might cost more than you may be expecting. :)

And welcome!

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Welcome...you will have to look at vans paperwork to identify towing capacity...

Get it independently damp checked before buying!

Apr 28, 2013
Alentejo,Portugal
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
Since the '80,s
Hi and welcome,you will find plenty of help here,as has been said look at the weight plates under the bonnet and when you understand them all you can work out what you can tow,enjoy your van and the forum.

OP
OP
S

snooky

Free Member
Feb 17, 2016
teesside
Funster No
MH
looking to buy
Exp
Ive checked the plate and its ok for 1500kg so im not far off that and its from a reputable dealer and been told there is no damp, if there is ill be taking it back.
Just looking forward to our first outing !

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
welcome animated smiley.gif

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun