New to the forum, route help please. (1 Viewer)

May 20, 2018
Auckland New Zealand
Funster No
Exp
Relative newbie
Hello

It has been suggested that I post on this forum for some expert advice and I am hoping someone can give us some feedback / help.

I am normally very organised but this trip has had a degree of uncertainty and now we know we can definitely go I am rushing to put something together. We have a camper van arranged courtesy of a friend so are committed to starting and ending in Beziers and we have a approximately 2 weeks to fill arriving mid June.

Our plan at the moment is as follows

Colliuere 1 night
Vernet Les Bains 3 nights ( we are meeting friends so this is confirmed)
Auch
Perigueux
Sarlat
Cahors
Saint Cirq Lapopie
Albi

Apart from Vernet nothing is fixed, we are a middle aged couple and looking for sites that offer hook ups but not interested in pools and facilities that are maybe more suited to families. As long as we have power we would prefer the quieter sites. I have purchased the ACSI card but haven't received the guide book as yet.

Would be very grateful for thoughts and if we are on the right track, we love food and wine and have never been to France before other than Paris so we want to try and do as much as possible, its a long way from NZ so we have to maximize our time, we don't have the luxury of more time sadly.

We fly back to New Zealand from Marseille at the end of June, Beziers - Marseille is sorted.

Thanks in advance for any tips.

ymfb

Free Member
Jun 16, 2017
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
AS Kingham
Exp
Since 2009
Can’t help with the routes, but welcome.

For the avoidance of doubt (and there is) by hook ups do you mean Electric/grey and fresh water or something a little risqué

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Jan 2, 2015
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Burstner Solano t725
Exp
since 2014
Welcome to Fun.(y)(y)

From Beziers you are only about 120 km (75 miles) from the Millau bridge. Well worth a look. Check out searchforsites.co.uk for different types of sites in the area.

maxresdefault.jpg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
some beutiful scenery along the gorge du tarn which is starts north of the millau bridgel and brings you down below the bridge

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
Hello and welcome from West Midlands.

Don't get too excited about driving over Milau Bridge. It's nothing more than another stretch of motorway with nothing to see.
Now view it from almost any other viewpoint and it is spectacular to say the least.

Wyn

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
Hi

I'm next to Toulouse , so not far from Saint Cirq Lapopie, and probably on your way to (or from) Beziers. So I could offer you a free stop over with hook(as long as you don't use it for a kettle otherwise Boom!lol) and water.
I'm not a "site" but live on a private stadium, and am the stadium carer. But if you want peace and quiet it should do the job! Mid june there's no more footy matches, mainly archers, and tennis!
Tell me if you are interested.

Amicalement
Frankie

Lot lover

Free Member
May 13, 2016
Lot, France
Funster No
MH
Le Voyageur Integral
Exp
New boy
We live about an hour N of Cahors and 10 kms S of St Cere, surrounded by seemingly dozens of the most beautiful villages of France incl. Rocamadour so we may be a tad biased about our bit.

The French hordes tend not to start their summer hols till July but the Dutch, Belgians and Brits are usually here en masse in June. Aires are already getting busy, some of them just car parks.

If you can beg,borrow or steal ACSI, Aires, France Passion books etc and apps they will give some ideas of where you canstay in your chosen area but I suggest that nothing is set in stone just stop whenever or wherever somewhere takes your fancy.

France is big and I usually find that the next town on my chosen route is always 100 kms down rhe road.

Enjoy yourselves, lunch time restos with their 5 course lunches incl wine at an all in price of less than EUR 15 are always good value and good food, imho better than evening places.

Hope this helps.

OP
OP
A
May 20, 2018
Auckland New Zealand
Funster No
Exp
Relative newbie
Hello Everyone and thank you so much for the replies, its given us lots of food for thought. Appreciate the links too which have been helpful. I am hoping that we will just be OK to turn up at places and that we don't need to book ahead ?

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
I am hoping that we will just be OK to turn up at places and that we don't need to book ahead ?

yes, you will be fine.. we never book as it it would take away the spontaneity of the trip.. we generally use aires and municipal sites which are not 'bookable' anyway.. but even big sites are rarely full.. and many have motorhome areas outside the main site.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back