LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
@pondfairy I've sent you a pm (personal message) which you can find under the "INBOX" tab, top right of this page next to "ALERTS"

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
:) really excited you two might meet up ... even though it's not me... Don't forget the selfie over your coffees. :)

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
:) really excited you two might meet up ... even though it's not me... Don't forget the selfie over your coffees. :)
You're invited too of course Joy... Bit too far??? Even for a yummy proper Cornish cream tea???

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
You're invited too of course Joy... Bit too far??? Even for a yummy proper Cornish cream tea???

Yes too far at moment ..back at hospital each week for tests .. but hope to be down that way this summer. Would LOVE to meet up with you both if you are free if that is ok? Am a little worried about the length and width of my vehicle on Cornish roads so will need to ask advice nearer the time if that ok? :)

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
Yes too far at moment ..back at hospital each week for tests .. but hope to be down that way this summer. Would LOVE to meet up with you both if you are free if that is ok? Am a little worried about the length and width of my vehicle on Cornish roads so will need to ask advice nearer the time if that ok? :)
Fantastic (y) except I probably won't be here by then :( if the house has sold :rolleyes:
Cornwall DOES have some main roads too you know, even a dual carriageway :LOL:
#Toot-toot

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Fantastic (y) except I probably won't be here by then :( if the house has sold :rolleyes:
Cornwall DOES have some main roads too you know, even a dual carriageway :LOL:
#Toot-toot

Tell me not be nosey if you like .. where will you be? Are you moving for a reason from Cornwall .. I would have thought it the Heaven on earth to live .. and where I would look if my lottery numbers came up. . :(

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
Bought a cottage on the Isle of Skye, the middle one in this picture.
ullinish.jpg
This is a January sunset view out the front window
IMG_6643.JPG

pondfairy

Free Member
Feb 12, 2017
cornwall
Funster No
MH
vwt4 trident 1995 hightop
Exp
5 years
@movan how lovely, i am on the brink of meeting new friends, exciting. been spending too much time alone, wondering where to go in my van this year. haven't found any meets apart up far north yet, are they always on big caravan sites?

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
That looks very nice CWH....
Not too bad eh? Him Indoors fell for it hook, line & sinker :rolleyes: we'd only gone to Skye for a break from house-hunting :LOL:

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Not too bad eh? Him Indoors fell for it hook, line & sinker :rolleyes: we'd only gone to Skye for a break from house-hunting :LOL:
Blimey that was a bit of a big step, hope you like your own company;) It does look very nice though..(y)

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
@movan how lovely, i am on the brink of meeting new friends, exciting. been spending too much time alone, wondering where to go in my van this year. haven't found any meets apart up far north yet, are they always on big caravan sites?

No not always. They can be small sites or wherever someone suggests and we can make it... sometimes they are large numbers and sometimes just a few people...

I am not sure which meets are taking place near you at the moment... the furthest south I am going to a meet is the Pembrey one at the moment, perhaps someone can come on and help please...

@Cal54 do you know of any Flora near PF please?

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
Sorry Joy and pondfairy, not aware of any Flora only meets down south. I do know that Chris has posted a get together later this month at Ludlow, but I'm guessing that is too far north.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
RETROFESTIVAL IN NEWBURY ... AUGUST Brilliant Festival.

Hello everyone .. had message for any solos not in solo section ... this looks like a brilliant chance for solos to get together.

Can you please pm @Landy lover if you are interested.

Retrofestival,I believe there is a separate section forsingle travellers which obviously I wouldnot be able to get into. I suspect you haveaccess. If so can you put a post on thereinforming single travellers that if they PMme to advise that they are single travellersand want to come then I can work out asingle traveller price for them.

Will all you solos look at this please .. looks really good.

@Langtoftlad @Steve

Reactions: CWH
Sep 22, 2014
Suffolk UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Duetto
Exp
Since 2014
Hi , I will be staying in Totnes soon at Steamer Quay, No hook up but right in the centre, my son and family live close by, then on to Cornwall but not sure where yet it has to fit in rallys ect.

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
Lovely ladies, beware you will attract a lot of attention on here!

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Ha ha ... brilliant. Thank you for posting that lovely photograph..... I am sooo pleased you had a good time.... hopefully there will be more of us joining you later in the year... Whey hey. xxx

pondfairy

Free Member
Feb 12, 2017
cornwall
Funster No
MH
Exp
5 years
Hi , I will be staying in Totnes soon at Steamer Quay, No hook up but right in the centre, my son and family live close by, then on to Cornwall but not sure where yet it has to fit in rallys ect.
@Indy259 hi indy, my sister lives in totnes, when are you going, i like steamer quay site.

Sep 22, 2014
Suffolk UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Duetto
Exp
Since 2014
Not sure yet but will let you know.

mophead

Free Member
Feb 28, 2012
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Citroen based Nu Venture
Exp
I'm a newbie
@mophead i would love to be warm next winter, bit nrervous driving on the other side, although i lived in andalucia for 3 years working for greyhound rescue, but, i had a partner then, he always drove, didnt like being out of control, so i got nervous about driving, now i am ok, getting there. i don't really like big sites with lots of vans in lines, prefer travelling, stopping a few days and meandering along.

Hi pondfairy - I have friends who stick to the UK as neither wants to brave it driving on the 'wrong' side of the road... when I first drove in France I was really surprised at how easy it was & the only time I went wrong was when I got back to the UK ! :whistle:

pondfairy

Free Member
Feb 12, 2017
cornwall
Funster No
MH
Exp
5 years
sHaving recently been widowed, I decided to buy a motorhome but not sure I'm brave enough to go it alone. I'd love to hear the experiences of others about first travelling alone, it may give me the push I need. I'm not considering using my motorhome until spring 2017.
@Muriel. hi muriel, i am getting a different vehicle, smaller and bijou, would happily go somewhere in spring, just to get you going, and me in my new (rather ancient) van, could meet somewhere halfway between our home areas. ??

pondfairy

Free Member
Feb 12, 2017
cornwall
Funster No
MH
Exp
5 years
Hi pondfairy - I have friends who stick to the UK as neither wants to brave it driving on the 'wrong' side of the road... when I first drove in France I was really surprised at how easy it was & the only time I went wrong was when I got back to the UK ! :whistle:
@mophead thankyou, but i would like company. that would be great, i am putting lots of messages out, hoping fir some feedback and company, roll on spring

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back