~New to Roadstar, please help~ (1 Viewer)

neveleven

Free Member
Jun 22, 2008
Funster No
Hi everyone, great website. Have just purchased our first motorhome, its a 3 year old Roadstar 786 and love it. The only trouble is there was no info left so we don't know how to operate anything! In particular twice now we have woken up to a flat car battery. I'm pretty sure it's user error but any suggestions would be most helpful, thanks in advance. Also help regarding the 4 digit yale alarm and the computerized thing above the door would be most appreciated! Very Newbie...

peterandbetty

Free Member
Oct 5, 2007
North Staffs
Funster No
Exp
Hi, we have a Roadstar 786 2006 so it might be the same as ours . Has it got a control panel over the hab door if so it needs to be set so both batteries charge ,just go through all the settings to find it ,Hope this helps you and i hope you enjoy your motorhome .

Betty

dshague

Free Member
Aug 22, 2007
Funster No
MH
VAN CONVERSION
Exp
20 years
hi there how old is your van please. :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
N

neveleven

Free Member
Jun 22, 2008
Funster No
Hi there, it is 3 years old. How do you know it is charging both batteries?

Oct 27, 2007
Near Dartford
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Since 2005
Hi
We have a Lunar Roadstar 780 2003 model and most of the manuals that came with it. I need to locate them from the van and then hopefully I can answer your questions and maybe scan them and send them to you. I dont know if we have the same control panel as you but basically you press a button and it tells you whats happening on the display. Press the Water one and it tells you how much water is in the van. Press the temperature and it tells you the inside and outside temperature. There is also the pump button which needs to be on for the water pump to work When you are not on hook up you need to press the one that looks like a trailer so that you are using the leisure battery and not the van battery. You are using the van battery if the car symbol is alight. I'm not sure about the charging of both batteries though. We are still getting to grips with it ourself as we only bought it in April. The Ledgend (Who is also on this site) gave us a run through of the controls at the Peterborough Show - Without him I think I would still be struggling So big thank you Mark. Hope this helps!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
N

neveleven

Free Member
Jun 22, 2008
Funster No
Hi again, thanks to all who replied. Red Sonja, if you could find and send the manual about the control panel that would be a great help and most appreciated. Thanks Nev.

Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
Thanks

Hi , been reading the thread and realised you've solved a problem for me! A few weeks ago I went out to our van to run her up the road to the dealer for a warranty job and the engine barely turned over, only just started. This made me wary of leaving her for more than a couple of weeks without a run.

However, after reading your thread I tried switching 12v supply from habitation battery to chassis battery, low and behold the chassis battery went straight to charge! As we generally have the van plugged into an external mains supply when parked outside the house all I have to do is to remember to switch over now again to keep her charged up!

Many thanks for your assistance.

WillH

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back