Oct 29, 2014
Cornish exile in Surrey
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
1 year
Hi
Just to see if we liked it we hired one from Just Go, in September, and popped off to Snowdonia for a week. Had an absolutely fantastic time.

Step 2 was to identify the interior layout we liked, so we visited the recent motorhome show at NEC and we have settled on an island bed our preferred make being an Autotrail (Delaware).

Step 3 will be to find somewhere to put it. I don't have a big enough drive so will have to find storage. Very difficult in Staines/Chertsey area.

Once Step 3 is resolved, then we move onto Step 4 and buy one.

Step 5 Get out there and enjoy it.

One of the many things I enjoyed when we hired one was the relaxation we got from it and the BBQs most evenings. Found most people were very friendly and helpful. Even though we knew nothing, we had lots of random people coming up to us when parked asking what motor homing was like. We could only say positive things and gave several a 'guided tour' of the van. Co-incidentally our timing was absolutely superb as each time we found ourselves at the head of every traffic jam. Amazing luck! We got into waving too.
Any help re. storage gratefully received.
Cheers all
Nik

Brian and Jo

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 24, 2007
oswestry,shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class N+B Arto 88F
Exp
Been motorhoming for 15yrs.had an American RV for 7yrs,Now got a Niesmann Bischoff Arto 88F
Hi there Nik and welcome to MHF.you will find all the info you need on here,its a great forum with loads of info and a few nutters thrown in for good measure:LOL::LOL:
brian and jo

calion

Free Member
Sep 3, 2014
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
since 2008
Hi from me too, some of the C&CC sites do storage, its probably pricey though.

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Smiley%20Hello.gif

May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
Hi Nik & Welcome from the Isle of Wight,
we hire 2 m/h's before we decided that was the way to go , finance being minimal at the time , we attempted to build our own, did quite well considering, I'm not very capable even of hammering a nail in straight. Now on our 10th m/h
Terry FIDGET

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back