New to motorhomes - Burstner Nexxo T720 (1 Viewer)

Tirisdeach

Free Member
Jul 24, 2015
Inverness
Funster No
MH
Burstner Nexxo T720 2016
Exp
I'm a newbie
We are just on the point of ordering our first motorhome. We have been looking around for some time and find that the Burstner Nexxo T720 ticks all the boxes. We are going to purchase new. We initially plan to use the van for weekends and holidays with a view to retire/semi-retire in the next 5 years and travel long term throughout Europe. By this time, likely to be living aboard most of the time. Does anyone have experience of this particular van? Comments welcome before we take the plunge!

Apr 25, 2016
Soham, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Consort Oslo
Exp
Since 2016
image.jpeg
We have done the same, and pick our new T740 up in two weeks time. I am sure that you would not be disappointed. We are counting the hours!!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Oct 18, 2012
Wortham Diss
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
Motorhomed for almost 7 years - now going nowhere!
We have the Burstner Nexxo t720 - bought new in 2014. It has two single beds with a washroom at the rear. We were after a motorhome with a level floor and there is just one step to the dining area.
People say when you have fixed beds you lose relaxing space but..................we have the best of both worlds. The single beds have a deckchair type system which reclines the beds so that we can relax after lunch and watch tv and snooze (like old people do). Not a lot of kitchen worktop but a good size table when it's extended. The fridge and freezer is enormous but probably wouldn't have bothered with the oven and grill because I have to stand on a stool to see how the cooking is going:eek:

We don't have a garage so we don't carry too much extra stuff which keeps the payload down. When we went on the weighbridge fully loaded we had about 85kg spare which is not a great deal - the equivalent of that third person we could sleep as it is a three-berth (four seat belts) model.

Any more information you need, ask away.

Pamela

Upvote 0
Apr 25, 2016
Soham, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Consort Oslo
Exp
Since 2016
If it's not a silly question, how did you go about getting to use a weighbridge? Or did you know someone with access to one.
Would be interested to get ours weighed when we get it and loaded.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Tirisdeach

Tirisdeach

Free Member
Jul 24, 2015
Inverness
Funster No
MH
Burstner Nexxo T720 2016
Exp
I'm a newbie
Upvote 0
OP
OP
Tirisdeach

Tirisdeach

Free Member
Jul 24, 2015
Inverness
Funster No
MH
Burstner Nexxo T720 2016
Exp
I'm a newbie
We have the Burstner Nexxo t720 - bought new in 2014. It has two single beds with a washroom at the rear. We were after a motorhome with a level floor and there is just one step to the dining area.
People say when you have fixed beds you lose relaxing space but..................we have the best of both worlds. The single beds have a deckchair type system which reclines the beds so that we can relax after lunch and watch tv and snooze (like old people do). Not a lot of kitchen worktop but a good size table when it's extended. The fridge and freezer is enormous but probably wouldn't have bothered with the oven and grill because I have to stand on a stool to see how the cooking is going:eek:

We don't have a garage so we don't carry too much extra stuff which keeps the payload down. When we went on the weighbridge fully loaded we had about 85kg spare which is not a great deal - the equivalent of that third person we could sleep as it is a three-berth (four seat belts) model.

Any more information you need, ask away.

Pamela
Thanks for your response Pamela. Did you have an oven and grill installed in the space above the fridge/freezer? We were considering a microwave in this space.

I must say, we have been a bit concerned about the payload. Do you carry bikes?

Thanks, Neil

Upvote 0
Oct 18, 2012
Wortham Diss
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
In the Search box above type in 'weighbridge' Lots of information there.

I think we just googled weighbridges and found a few local firms.

Upvote 0

Skyron

Free Member
Feb 25, 2016
Essex
Funster No
MH
low profile coach built
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi,
We are collecting our new T720 on Friday. Can't wait. We love the twin singles and rear washroom. Lounge space will be fine for the two of us. It's a great van and I'm sure you won't be disappointed

Upvote 0
Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
We are on our second T660 in five years and thinking about another one. I don't think you'll be disappointed. Ours weights 3000kg with half a tank of diesel but no water. Lots of factories and scrap yards have a weight bridge at the entrance, there's usually not a problem or charge if you drive on and ask them for the weight.

Upvote 0
May 8, 2010
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2010
We had a Burstner Nexxo T660, and it was a great van - good quality build and very comfortable fixed bed. The only things we felt were missing were that we would have preferred an l-shaped seating group, and the garage was a bit small - although manageable.
We wouldn't hesitate to have another Burstner. My only question regarding the T720, concerns the lack of garage space - particularly if you're intending to spend long periods away. Maybe there'll be enough space for your needs, or maybe you don't mind storing things inside the van, but for us there just wouldn't be enough space. Apart from that, I think it's a lovely van.

Upvote 0

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Welcome,
As you are looking at spending most of your time abroad it would make sense to buy a LHD and if you import one yourself from Belgium or Germany you should save a minimum of 10 grand.

Upvote 0
Oct 18, 2012
Wortham Diss
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
The vehicle already had the 'fridge, freezer and oven installed as chosen by the dealer. I think it is called a tower. We had seen it at one of the Motorhome shows exhibited by our local dealer Becks Motorhomes and loved the choice of colour scheme - champagne on the outside and really dark brown and white inside and, of course, we could have it straight away! Becks installed the TV from our Autotrail, plus the satellite dome and a huge solar panel and an extra leisure battery so that is one reason why our payload is up a bit - plus two dogs weighing 20kg. It all counts.

I discounted motorhomes with a garage because it meant too many steps up to the bed and I thought the high bed might be claustrophobic. It's all down to personal choice.

Upvote 0
Dec 7, 2009
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun Ti
Exp
Since Dec 2009
We have a T660 on a Ford and are very happy with it. It's a great layout for us and the only thing we would change would be a bigger garage. We thought we had a good payload but a recent weigh-in was a bit of a shock. We have added a few bits and pieces over the years .... We stripped everything out and left the bikes at home for the last trip! No room for wine - disaster! :Eeek:

As soon as we got back we contacted SV Tech and have uprated to 3850kg. Just waiting for the DVLA to return the documents. Hopefully the wine will be assured a place on the next trip - b*******r the bikes (y)

Upvote 0
Sep 24, 2013
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Carthago A class
Exp
Since 2014
We have a 2015 T660. It has a French bed and a small garage big enough to put our folding ebikes in. It was the only model we found that could do this. We put a spare wheel underneath, another battery and a pair of solar panels. Weighed in at 3440kg in holiday mode. I've replaced the table with a smaller folding one and installed an Alugas refillable system and saved about 40kg. So 100kg for the wine! I love the large front rooflight. Only our second MH. Hopefully our last!

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back