Jun 17, 2017
Thorpe Willoughby - Selby
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2015
Hi to all

A friend and wife of ours, joined your group not so long ago and mentioned that they will be going to your rally in Newbury in August. I had a look at your website and decided to join them in Newbury. Having now looked at your website I am really glad we joined, as some larger clubs are good for discounts at camping grounds and motorhome insurance, but there isn't a community spirit, as they are too big.
Having bought my 6 berth motorhome almost 2 years ago now (couldn't afford to miss. As the MH asking price was below book value but he had put £6.5k worth of extras on it - habitation aircon, safari tent etc etc, we just had to purchase it then and there.) Unfortunately we haven't been using it as much as would have liked, as my wife still worked and I had a part time job after a large operation in 2012. As from this Friday 24th we are now both retired officially and again unfortunately we cannot get to get out much in our MH (Mobi) as we are going to visit my daughter in Canada in Sept for a month.
Next year will be different, we intend to do a small tour of northern France (battle sites etc) then my intension is to travel the majority of France, Spain, Greek Islands, Portrugal, Croatia, Serbia etc and possibly wintering in Spain or a Greek island as we love Greece. I will be posting some photographs of our visits as we go along and possibly post blogs which may or may not help Funsters. Looking forward to meeting some of you in the future.

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Hi & welcome (y) Sure you will save much more than the membership fee with the deals & discounts on here & receive a warm welcome at meets & rallies :)
Here is the link to Retro Newbury https://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/threads/retrofestival-newbury-august-2017.148942/ - the booking form is on page 1 & it's only £69 for a single, £99 for a couple & there is the option of EHU at £30 more if you need it. That's much cheaper than booking direct with Retro plus the Fun & RVOC (sister club who organise this one) camping area is in a much better spot than general camping.
Look forward to hearing about your adventures & maybe see you at Retro - we will be part of the marshalling team :hi: Any queries just ask.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Rob and Val

Free Member
Oct 17, 2010
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Talbot Compass Calypso
Exp
Since July 2010
Hi.gif
and a warm welcome from us.

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
Hello and welcome from West Midlands.

Wyn

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
:hiya2: Dave and Eileen, welcome to the fun (y) If you're not sure about any aspect of the forums, check out the FAQ

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back