Free Member
Jul 1, 2015
ireland
Funster No
MH
elddis autoquest 180
Exp
new to it
Just about to complete purchase of our first motorhome, an Elddis Autoquest 180, 2011. Any pointers on what I should be looking for before we complete?
Going to travel to France second week of september and spend the next 3 months going south to spain Portugal and perhaps morocco. Its our first motorhome experience although we have done a lot of travelling. We are going for the 6 berth not because we will be using the beds as there are just the 2 of us,but because the 2 lounges will give us a bit more room.
Seems that all models are a trade off- this doesnt have a garage but does have plenty internal room.
wondering about the best way to get broadband as we travel and the best sat nav system with bluetooth.

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
Technical knowledge is not my forte! But many here will have answers for you.

I'll just say Hello and Welcome to Fun. I trust you checked your van for damp? HPI check? That's the extent of my knowledge.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

jollyrodger

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2012
Devon/Cornwall
Funster No
MH
'Obby
Exp
Since 1968'ish
Hi from Devon
smiley-41.jpg

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Just about to complete purchase of our first motorhome, an Elddis Autoquest 180, 2011. Any pointers on what I should be looking for before we complete?
Going to travel to France second week of september and spend the next 3 months going south to spain Portugal and perhaps morocco. Its our first motorhome experience although we have done a lot of travelling. We are going for the 6 berth not because we will be using the beds as there are just the 2 of us,but because the 2 lounges will give us a bit more room.
Seems that all models are a trade off- this doesnt have a garage but does have plenty internal room.
wondering about the best way to get broadband as we travel and the best sat nav system with bluetooth.

Hi welcome to fun, can't help you with the model, but on the question of Broadband 3 MIFI is the way to go, not the dongle, that's to restrictive the 3 MIFI has good coverage through Europe and if you go into Morocco you van get a SIM card from Maroc Telecom that will work fine in it.

Sat Nav is preference but we can not complain about our Tom Tom been very reliable in Europe and Morocco.

On the question of the van I don't know about that particular van but would think twice about a 6 Berth when you don't really need it the extra beds will eat into your pay load, check it out, as long as you have a comfortable lounge area and kitchen that works well for wet days, on the sunny days you will be outside and may need to carry bikes, outside tables chairs etc, all needs thinking about. Good Luck a great way of life.

Brian and Jo

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 24, 2007
oswestry,shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class N+B Arto 88F
Exp
Been motorhoming for 15yrs.had an American RV for 7yrs,Now got a Niesmann Bischoff Arto 88F
Hi there and welcome to MHF (y)
Brian& Jo

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
welcome to the fun, do check you have the correct licence to drive a vehicle that size.

Gin Palace

Free Member
Apr 30, 2015
Cambridge
Funster No
MH
Swift Bolero
Exp
Newbie!
Hi
We are about to pick up our first ever motorhome and are travelling to France Spain and Portugal from September too! we have bought a wifi booster from Motorhome wifi good reviews so far we have bought a truck tomtom europe which has taken over from the caravan and camper Tom tom again good reviews so far. Good luck in your new adventure maybe we will meet along the way!

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
welcome..the name Finbar brings back happy memory's of my uncle...

ianandkath

Free Member
Jun 4, 2015
spain/uk
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
2 years
welcome.
i looked at the 3mifi too, looks very good.
as for sat nav, i bought a snooper. dear but you can put your van size in and it avoids alll low bridges etc.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back