Weemac

Free Member
Jan 18, 2019
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi we are going to buy a motor Home soon, been caravaning for years just like to say hello and we would like any help in which one to buy. We are thinking of a one with bed up top is this a good idea long term?
Thanks wee mac

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
Hello and welcome from West Midlands. The first motorhome we looked at had an over cab bed. We scoffed at the idea of sleeping up there. Well we tried it 'just for fun' and found it to be bigger, more comfortable and more practical than anywhere else. Not only that - no bed making every morning and evening and finding somewhere to stash the bedding. It was fine for eight years until our new van.

Wyn

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Hello and welcome to FUN.

We have a bed at the back, over a garage, because, for us, the garage is the most important part of our motorhome.

There are so many different options, but, a bed that can be left made up, wherever it is, is preferable. IMHO!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
:welco:

I posted something very similar to you when I first came on here.

You need to look and try lots and have a list of must haves, would likes and not bothered ‘s

Good luck with your search (y)

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Hi and :welcome4:

What layout did you have in your caravan, wouldn't that suit? Having said that there are over 25 different layouts so your best bet is go have a look at as many different ones as you can - at least you'll have some idea of what you're looking at, unlike a total newbie.

Personally, having done it once, an over-cab bed gives me the creeps................. :shake:

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
giphy.gif

Jan 22, 2012
Wigan
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun TI 2012
Exp
When we made the switch from caravans we went to a few motorhome shows. We just sat in all of the different layouts and imagined us living in them. Eventually went for the Island bed layout with large garage.

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
I think you need to go to a show or large dealer and climb up there and imagine sleeping. A lot depends on your physicality and agility and how many times you need to get up in the night :whistle: Don’t forget one of you will have to climb over the other. It can also be hot if you are thinking of going south in summer.
We couldn’t do it as both over 70, both 6ft tall and we both like to sit up in bed and maybe watch a film at night if out of season and it’s cold and dark. The morning cuppa in bed is a must !

OP
OP
W

Weemac

Free Member
Jan 18, 2019
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi thanks for the warm welcome, we have too many questions so i think we will check out forums etc.
thanks again :D

big map

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 8, 2009
Poole
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
Hi and welcome to the forum

@snailtrailer Auntie Pam is threatening to sell her motorhome. You might want to get in touch when she adds it to the classified ads.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back