New To Forum MH Questions (1 Viewer)

Layzeesod

Free Member
Aug 25, 2017
Funster No
Well here I am retired and would like to own an MH, my good lady on the other hand is doubious, so we would ideally like to hire one to try it out and see if it is the way to go.
We live in SE Kent and are struggling to find a company that hires MH out close too us for a decent price, any recommendations please ?

Next up is a question about parking up for the night, can you literally park anywhere, like laybys, seafronts etc or are there lots of restrictions to where you can stop for the night ?

Thanks in advance for any comments / suggestions

Dan and Jan

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 16, 2017
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Between Vans
Exp
On and off since 2000
Hello and welcome from Scotland. :WelcomeFlag:I'm sure some of the Wild campers will be along to answer your questions soon. I'm more of a site person myself.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Welcome! MH hire is expensive but prices should come down out of season. Hopefully!

And no, you can't just park anywhere. You can but be prepared to be moved on or get a ticket. There are a lot of threads on here about "wild camping" in the UK which are worth reading though I suspect the search facility may not work until you subscribe. Scotland is different but if you live in Kent you might find France more attractive because it does welcome motorhomes. I'm on a free facility (known as an aire) in France at the moment. Free water and waste dumping facilities and even free electricity though there is only one socket. :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 22, 2014
Grantham
Funster No
MH
Rapido Le Randonneur
Exp
Since 2015
A lot in the UK join the Caravan and Motorhome club particularly to use the certified locations. These are sites which can only take a maximum of 5 vans found all over the country and in the UK are our preference.

Oct 18, 2012
Wortham Diss
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
Motorhomed for almost 7 years - now going nowhere!
Have you tried Johns Cross Motorhomes at Robertsbridge? I believe there is a railway station there. We have bought from them before but not hired. A good firm to deal with.

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Hello, if you like freedom, the ability to go anywhere in UK or Europe at the drop of a hat, meet lots of well travelled interesting people and like a bit of adventure then a motorhome is the way to go.
Good luck :welcomesign:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 19, 2008
Kent coast Hythe
Funster No
MH
Rapido fiat based
Exp
brought first van 16 yrs ago
Hi and welcome
We have a Rally meet at New Romney station (Kent) over weekend (see train meet) you would be most welcome to call in (16th or 17th Sept) to speak to members or myself for more insight.:welc:

Pia

Free Member
Jan 16, 2017
staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral Supreme 680ST
Exp
:hiya::WelcomeFlag: you'll enjoy the trial and before long we'll be welcoming you as a new owner(y):D

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back