New T5 Owner (1 Viewer)

Apr 19, 2019
Funster No
MH
Carado T339
Exp
5 years
Hi,

We have just purchased our first T5 and looking forward to making some family memories!!
We loved our T5 and I miss it.

Trouble was it developed into a small motorhome, then a medium motorhome and now an almost large motorhome

You will love it and don't forget to wake everyone up with the sliding door (like what we used to!)

AndyPK

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 7, 2015
Cirencester
Funster No
MH
Noneā€¦ā€¦..!
Exp
Motorhoming since 2015......
Welcome from Ciren! (y)
(Used to have a T4 chassis AutoSleepers ā€˜vanā€¦ā€¦. ;) )

Jan 7, 2010
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Just a king sized RR bed for now. Going to add a pop top and then just an awning to cook in. Keeping it simple for quick getaways
Don't forget the porta potti! It is an essential bit of kit unless you intend to only use campsites, though our grand-daughter tells us that some vanlifers prefer to have a wine rack!!
Our T5 has full access to the back door. We recently saw two brand new T6 conversions which had the bench bed blocking the back door, but much of the storage was at the back door. We watched as, in heavy rain, the various occupants kept having to go outside the van, open their back doors and retrieve all sorts of stored essentials. They neither looked nor sounded happy.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 17, 2014
Wellington, Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 1977
For your interest here is the previous T5 that I converted a few years ago, it was sold a while ago but you can see what I did.

The current T6 has a Reimo high roof where the one above was a factory high roof with high rear doors. The current T6 will, hopefully, be on the market next summer when the MAN TGE that is on order has arrived and been converted

Jamesh

Free Member
Jun 28, 2020
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Caravaning since 2010
Yeap wife has a t5.1 carravelle DSG, nice van, much nicer than my newer transit and more reliable too!

Cheers James

Jamesh

Free Member
Jun 28, 2020
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Caravaning since 2010
For your interest here is the previous T5 that I converted a few years ago, it was sold a while ago but you can see what I did.

The current T6 has a Reimo high roof where the one above was a factory high roof with high rear doors. The current T6 will, hopefully, be on the market next summer when the MAN TGE that is on order has arrived and been converted
Btw have seen the price of crafter's / tge none for sale below 20k crazy!!!

Cheers James

Jan 17, 2014
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 1977
Btw have seen the price of crafter's / tge none for sale below 20k crazy!!!

Cheers James
Wow James, I wish I could find a new one for twice that price!!

I'm looking at Ā£45k plus for a new LWB admittedly with most of the 'toys' except 4motion then there is the conversion cost on top of that.

Jamesh

Free Member
Jun 28, 2020
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Caravaning since 2010
Wow James, I wish I could find a new one for twice that price!!

I'm looking at Ā£45k plus for a new LWB admittedly with most of the 'toys' except 4motion then there is the conversion cost on top of that.
When I looked I found early ones with 100k++ for Ā£13+ vat. Not a chance now.

That would be my choice of pvc! Have you driven one?

Cheers James

Jan 17, 2014
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 1977
When I looked I found early ones with 100k++ for Ā£13+ vat. Not a chance now.

That would be my choice of pvc! Have you driven one?

Cheers James
Yes I drove one just after they were announced, it was a courtesy van when my T6 was in for some warranty work. The VW Van Centre didn't want to give me a crafter but a bit of arm twisting of the salesman fixed it.
It's a pity now for him as his quote for a new Crafter is well over Ā£1.5k more than the equivalent TGE but money talks! The big pain now is having to wait at least nine months to get it delivered!

Jul 27, 2013
Wilts/Oxon border
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since childhood!
Our T5 has full access to the back door. We recently saw two brand new T6 conversions which had the bench bed blocking the back door, but much of the storage was at the back door. We watched as, in heavy rain, the various occupants kept having to go outside the van, open their back doors and retrieve all sorts of stored essentials. They neither looked nor sounded happy.
That depends entirely on how people pack, and is totally unnecessary...

Jamesh

Free Member
Jun 28, 2020
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Caravaning since 2010
Yes I drove one just after they were announced, it was a courtesy van when my T6 was in for some warranty work. The VW Van Centre didn't want to give me a crafter but a bit of arm twisting of the salesman fixed it.
It's a pity now for him as his quote for a new Crafter is well over Ā£1.5k more than the equivalent TGE but money talks! The big pain now is having to wait at least nine months to get it delivered!
How was it to drive? very car like aka t6 or still a big van!!

Cheers James

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back