New Swiss Smart Phone Pay App for 3.5t+ (1 Viewer)

Jul 31, 2014
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
EuraMobil Activa 820HS
Exp
Hello Funsters

Just doing some planning in preparation for my trip.
I've noticed that the Swiss have introduced a new smart phone app which was introduced last week for pre-purchasing the entry vignettes to help reduce queuing up and paying at the border.

My MH is over 3.5t so I need the heavy vehicle toll version.

www.ezv.admin.ch

I've copied/pasted the web address to the actual page below and this is taken from the above home page.

Screen Shot 2019-06-26 at 12.44.32.png

Click on the yellow writing and it takes you to the App.
I've just downloaded the App to my mobile phone and had a go with it.
There is a box for motorhomes under 3.5t so I'm presuming that this App will be applicable for all to use. (But I've not tried this as mine's over 3.5t)

Screen Shot 2019-06-26 at 12.52.34.png

Screen Shot 2019-06-26 at 12.52.57.png

You pre-pay what you need and get a confirmation which you take with you and show to the border guard if requested.
Looking at the photo, you just show him your phone with the scan code square image on it.

Thought it may be of interest to those considering using Swiss roads.

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!
Probably nothing to do with 3.5+ motorhomes but just a heads up, I’ve been to Switzerland a few times mainly on Harley, but a few weeks ago we went to Switzerland (under 3.5t) and came out Lichtenstein end, and the queue for large vehicles (mainly HGV’s) to get into Switzerland was staggering. I’ve never seen a queue to enter Switzerland before, it was a few miles long.Have a safe trip?

OP
OP
GAVLAD
Jul 31, 2014
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
EuraMobil Activa 820HS
Exp
Probably nothing to do with 3.5+ motorhomes but just a heads up, I’ve been to Switzerland a few times mainly on Harley, but a few weeks ago we went to Switzerland (under 3.5t) and came out Lichtenstein end, and the queue for large vehicles (mainly HGV’s) to get into Switzerland was staggering. I’ve never seen a queue to enter Switzerland before, it was a few miles long.Have a safe trip?
Hopefully, the queue is only coming in from Lichtenstein end then.
And hopefully, they're not weighing everyone!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back