New speed limit on some French roads from 1/7/2018 (1 Viewer)

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
Do you know what the limits are for Motorhomes over 3500kg?

No, didn't do any search. If there's a logic to this I suppose the speed limit should be 70 for the over 3500kgs. Did they even thought about it? No idea. Best is to wait a little bit , the question will raise somehow in a TV program. I will have a look on french motorhomes forums just in case it has been mentionned somewhere.

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
I hope they get around to telling the French lorry drivers, the number of times I have been pushed by heavies intent on doing 100k in 80k areas is unbelievable they just don't seem to recognise any limits

French trucks like ours can only do 100km/h downhill as they are limited to 90km/h (56mph).

They seem to drive on the limiter and tbh I can't see it changing because there isnt enough enforcement.

IMO if they enforced the limits they already have and concentrated on the speed merchants they would be more likely to achieve their goals.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
@Lenny HB Hi Lenny! (and all the other funsters concerned by the new speed limit) I have been round different sites and forums (including "camping-car" magasine) and it doesn't seem that motorhomes or even lorries over 3,5t will have to change habit. It seems to be 80 kms/h for everyone.
Of course if I hear or find out on internet it was just not mentionned then I will let you know.
As for breathaliser (can't remember who talked about them),governement would LIKE everyone to have one just to know whether they may drive.No fine, nor points are in order.
Also IF you hold a phone while breaking the law in a dangerous way (or vice versa ... lol) , your licence will be taken away straight away (any licence???? French?? foreign?? dunno!) I bet people would be more reactive if it was all about taking their phone away instead of their driving licence!:D:whistle:

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
Can't it making much odd to the statistics then as the lorries are often the worst offenders.

The lorries do habitually speed but its usually the cars that you see in the ditch apparently unaided. France is a big place with a lot of long straight empty roads and I think a lot of them simply nod off.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back