New solo (1 Viewer)

Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
... some may need so work doing and try to sweet talk them, me I'd just want to see their tools ... especially if they've got any power ones! :X3:
Loads available for hire online @Minxy Girl if you want to use your interactive software. :sneaky:

Rentool.JPG

hightrees

Free Member
Sep 17, 2016
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
Benimar
Exp
2 years
I too spent ages choosing my MH;
I went to several of the shows to compare funtionality versus size and manufacturer.
I also found dealers good for test drives of alternates (eg ford vs fiat) which I think essential.

JanS

Free Member
May 5, 2018
London/Essex
Funster No
MH
Campervan
Exp
Hi. I have just joined and am still working out how to do things on the website. I am a 70yr old widow with a little dog who would love to join others at meets, etc. I have not yet bought my motorhome although I do have one in mind but I have to be sure that when I travel around I will not be left on my own contemplating my navel. I am a very social person but am not as agile as I was due to a back injury, so no mountaineering or water skiing!! Seriously though, I would love to meet other motorhomers but need a bit of reassurance.
I have just joined too Pat and find the site very confusing. Some of the forums haven't been used for years ! I am keen to make contact with more singles but do not want to holiday with children.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

mophead

Free Member
Feb 28, 2012
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Citroen based Nu Venture
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi both and welcome from another female solo traveller...

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
I have just joined too Pat and find the site very confusing. Some of the forums haven't been used for years ! I am keen to make contact with more singles but do not want to holiday with children.
i find the best way to view the forum is to use the recent tab second blue line about center on this computer ,this will show every new thread from newest apart fom stuff in the belly locker. you can only access the belly locker direct its no place for the faint hearted

J&S

Free Member
May 8, 2015
Hurworth on Tees, Darlington
Funster No
MH
Peugeot Wentworth
Exp
Since 1982
A Big Welcome to this great site.
Im also very much a newbi solo and am wishing to join in the Fun, but finding my way arround this huge site is proving to be much harder than i was exspecting.

I lost my lady to Cancer just last month so like you im still very unsure about it all.

I live in the North East, and would like to know where i can meet a group of you?... and what do i do next.
So enough of all this talk... just give us newbies some real pointers.. please please you VOFs ( Very OLD Funsters) .. John

Last edited:
Sep 3, 2017
Isle of Wight
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E625
Exp
MH since 2016, caravanning since 1984
Saw your thread whilst searching for solo motorhomers, I agree motorhoming can be a daunting experience for us widowers and widows. My details and posts are on the site as Kit44 and I only joined Motorhome Fun a year ago. It is enlightening to find another solo motorhomer in the south of England, My home is at Yarmouth on the Isle of Wight and although ferry costs to the “North Island” are extortionate, membership of the Camping and Caravanning Club does get a 50% discount for motorhomes so I have attended the New Forest Meet in June this year (2021) and had a couple of trips to Corfe Castle and Charmouth. Covid19 has prevented much travel over the past 18 months but now we are getting closer to the freedom again, there is more chance of making new friends. I note that you haven’t been on the Motorhoming Fun site since 2018 so hope this message will get through to you.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back