Pat and Poppy

Free Member
Apr 30, 2018
Salisbury/NewForest/Romsey
Funster No
MH
VW Autosleeper Clubman
Exp
Hi. I have just joined and am still working out how to do things on the website. I am a 70yr old widow with a little dog who would love to join others at meets, etc. I have not yet bought my motorhome although I do have one in mind but I have to be sure that when I travel around I will not be left on my own contemplating my navel. I am a very social person but am not as agile as I was due to a back injury, so no mountaineering or water skiing!! Seriously though, I would love to meet other motorhomers but need a bit of reassurance.

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
animated WelcomeGroupSmiley.gif

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Hi Pat, welcome. There are lots of solo motorhomes around. Not sure if you are a female or male but theres a bunch of women who regularly meet up. Where are you from? @Cal54

You will be most welcome at any meets, Its a great way to get to know folk.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Lisa

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Apr 29, 2014
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
20th Sept 2014
:hiya: And welcome to Fun.

Good luck in your Motorhome search. There are plenty of solo’s on here and you’ll soon get to meet them once you book onto a rally/meet.

OP
OP
Pat and Poppy

Pat and Poppy

Free Member
Apr 30, 2018
Funster No
MH
VW Autosleeper Clubman
Exp
Thank you all for your kind welcome messages. I live in the New Forest and I love the west country. I previously had a caravan but since my injury I had to sell it. I really miss the freedom and
Hi Pat, welcome. There are lots of solo motorhomes around. Not sure if you are a female or male but theres a bunch of women who regularly meet up. Where are you from? @Cal54

You will be most welcome at any meets, Its a great way to get to know folk.
feel a motorhome will be more manageable. I joined a few solo clubs but they never really worked out and that is why I am hesitating this time. I found that I was left on my own quite a bit and that was not what I had expected.

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Hi Pat
If you have a look at the rallies section (theres one section for seeing if theres enough interest & another section for when a rally is going ahead)

Everyone is welcome at the meets, although as a someone in the same situation as yourself it can feel a bit daunting at first. There are lots of solos so don't worry about feeling left out.

Depending on where you live it might be an idea to see if you can get to one of the motorhome shows as a day visitor where Fun has a camping area and often a stand on the show, you'll see for yourself what a sociable lot we are (I wouldn't worry about mountaineering or waterskiing:LOL:)And lots of us have dogs too :)

Getting a motorhome could possibly be one of the best things you ever do(y)

Last edited:

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
I've just had a look and Newbury Show is on the middle of May, with funsters camping.

I love the New Forest, beautiful part of the world.

Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
Welcome. I assume you've remained female since you posted your Profile @irnbru ;)
Depending upon where you live (you don't say) there should be loads of options for rallies.
In 7 years of motorhoming I've not been on any rally with any organisation yet as being 25 mins from a channel port I go abroad for 90% of my trips, but I plan to creep along nervously to some Funster events this year (if it ever stops raining and warms up for long enough to tempt me from going to warmer climes). 6.5 degrees midday in Sussex, raining hard and blowin' ol' boots :(

OP
OP
Pat and Poppy

Pat and Poppy

Free Member
Apr 30, 2018
Funster No
MH
VW Autosleeper Clubman
Exp
I've just had a look and Newbury Show is on the middle of May, with funsters camping.

I love the New Forest, beautiful part of the world.

Thank you Debs. Newbury should be close enough for me to do in a day with the car so I'll try and get along there.

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
Welcome @Pat and Poppy. There are a fair number of solo motorhomers about, am sure you will be made welcome, but you should make the first move. Say helo to everyone you meet on a site, that those who have dogs always seem to have someone to talk to. Hope you get to the Newbury show, find the Fun stall and take it from there.

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
hellowelcome

Watch out for the women on here apparently its a witches coven :rofl:

Seriously theres a great bunch of people on here (y)

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Welcome . Lots of solo travellers .. male, female, young and old .. energetic and otherwise .. come along to any meet close by and make an effort to go to funsters and let them know your situation. You will be fine. :) it takes a while to settle in. X

Sep 22, 2014
Suffolk UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Duetto
Exp
Since 2014
:WelcomeFlag:Hi Pat, as people have already said it is a good place. Don't worry it's only the men that worry about the word Coven, :D

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Welcome to the fun house Pat and Poppy.

You've come to the right place to get to know a load of fun people and will definitely have plenty of company at shows, rallies etc as funsters are a very sociable bunch, although joining in is not compulsory and no-one thinks badly of you if you don't. You won't be left out in the cold as there's always a 'gaggle' of ladies (solo and married) who like a good old chin-wag and get up to mischief too ... just don't let them lead you astray! :X3: Now as for the solo males ... don't bring cakes etc to meets otherwise they'll be round you like bees to a honey pot. :D2

Dec 24, 2014
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Now as for the solo males ... don't bring cakes etc to meets otherwise they'll be round you like bees to a honey pot. :D2

And a tip for solo males: Don't bring a toolbox to meets or the coveners will be round you like bees to a honeypot.
:whistle: :whistle:

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
And a tip for solo males: Don't bring a toolbox to meets or the coveners will be round you like bees to a honeypot.

In my experience its always been a gaggle of men under a bonnet or under another blokes van, or standing around watching & advising with a few tinnies...... it's like moths to a flame.....

Dec 24, 2014
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
In my experience its always been a gaggle of men under a bonnet or under another blokes van, or standing around watching & advising with a few tinnies...... it's like moths to a flame.....

Looking busy is an evolutionary art form (perfected by Council workmen), and one which avoids us becoming lambs to the cauldron.

Mar 9, 2015
Heywood, Gtr. Manchester.
Funster No
MH
AS Broadway FB
Exp
Since 2008
:hi2:
Welcome to the best group ever. Hope you get your motorhome soon. You won't regret forking out that £15 to join. Money well spent!

Oct 2, 2008
Salopia
Funster No
MH
Duro 6x6 Overlander
Exp
since 1968
Hi-smiley.png Further to what others have posted , if its your first MoHo , be very careful what you are buying , it can be expensive minefield , have a good read thru forum .

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
:WelcomeFlag:Hi Pat, as people have already said it is a good place. Don't worry it's only the men that worry about the word Coven, :D

Had an old mh parked near me this week and there was a broom 'parked' outside the habitation door.... and well, it was Beltane Day yesterday.... :)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
... some may need so work doing and try to sweet talk them, me I'd just want to see their tools ... especially if they've got any power ones! :X3:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back