Free Member
Mar 13, 2016
Holland
Funster No
MH
Fiat Liberty lmc
Exp
8years but newbie to a solo camper
lost my husband 12 weeks ago and have loads of great memories with our camper.......live in holland ... Going to eastbourne to family in June , and then want to pluck up the courage to do a first trip , have signed up on 3 sites since yesterday and am now seeing a whole new world opening. Will be taking my 3 dogs along and also my henk will always be by my side .............

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
downloadfile-2.gif
Sorry to hear about your loss. Good for you to continue in doing what you both loved. Lots of friendly people around on here. :)

Mar 16, 2010
Carmarthenshire
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Since 1988
:pink: Caz
In 2012 I went through the same so I know how you are feeling
It will get easier and in the motorhome world there is always someone to help if you have problems particularly on this forum never be afraid to ask .
Good luck for the future

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 22, 2012
Ebbw Vale Gwent
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9048df A class
Exp
seven
Hi Caz and Welcome

My sincerer commiserations I know how hard it must be for you too take the next step as I’m in the same boat I lost my beloved Eileen just six weeks ago.

I got my MH out of storage on Friday to give it a clean and polish, I had forgot that the last time I brought the MH down to the house for cleaning my wife had started to restock the cupboards with the unusual basic’s because we had planed at least one more trip to Spain after her treatment had finished sadly it wasn’t to be.

I’m glad you are contemplating you’re first trip away, go for it and enjoy your self, just take you’re time and stay safe.

If you ever need assistance there are plenty of like mined people on this forum that will be more than happy to give a helping hand or advice.

Regards

Ray

Sep 22, 2014
Suffolk UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Duetto
Exp
Since 2014
Hi Caz :pink:
Keep going, that's what gets you through. Your first trip will be different, but life is like an onion with lots of layers, enjoy your 3 travelling companions.

Chris

Brakers

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 28, 2016
Southampton
Funster No
MH
Chausson 768XLB
Exp
I'm Intermediate
Hi Caz Sorry to hear of your loss, it’s always difficult to get over a loss like that “If ever you do” but it’s nice to see you coming out of your shell, I’m sure your husband would not want you to live your life being miserable all the time, he would want you to have a good time “but not too good” as he will be looking over you and I’m sure helping to keep you safe and give you the confidence to keep going. Anyway welcome to the mad house, I myself have just joined and I have been welcomed with open arms, I’m sure you will be as well.:WelcomeFlag:

Best Wishes Tony

Al-Di

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 15, 2014
prestwich
Funster No
MH
Eura Mobil A Class
Exp
since 2013
HI CAZ WELCOME TO FUN :)(y):)

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Hello sunshine, so sorry to hear your sad news but well done on being brave enough to take the plunge with your van.... You have joined a brilliant forum and even if it is just the banter on the forum, you will find so much support to get you back on the wheel of laughter and friendship.

There are several of us women here on our own through choice, divorce or bereavement and so you will never be alone. :)

Mimi

Free Member
Aug 5, 2014
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper
Exp
Since 2016
Welcome Caz,
So sorry to hear of your loss, keep strong and go for it.
I'm going to collect my first motorhome in early April, never done anything like this on my own before. Yes, lots of singles on this site so sure you will find lots of good company wherever you travel.
Good luck.

camperlove

Free Member
Nov 30, 2015
kent
Funster No
MH
fiat ducato mwb
Exp
17 years
Sorry about your loss. I am in Eastbourne a lot, so contact me when you on your way. Also have time on my hands to travel. Am in portugal at present but will be returning soon.

ambulancekidd

Funster
Sep 23, 2014
Ayrshire Scotland
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki 640
Exp
Since 1964 Gosh that makes me feel old.
I'm very sorry to hear of your loss but, its nice to hear that your looking forward & as you say "you have your memories". Welcome to the Fun forum & we look forward to your visit.

Feb 4, 2016
West Sussex, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B680 Starline
Exp
Long term a few years now.
A bit late on this thread sorry . Really sad to hear of your loss but think of what your Henk would have wanted you to do :) .
I think he would be so proud of you , be brave and go for it i say (y)

PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp
Hi and welcome to being a Funster, it's a really great place to be. Sorry to hear of your loss, it's always sad to hear such news. You've definitely found the right place to be, as there's lots of Funsters who have travelled the journey you are on now and can offer support, advice and company when it's needed.

Keep being strong and enjoy your travels and the adventures they'll bring. Just one more thing, keep us posted along the way and share some pictures too, we'd all love to see you, your dogs and where the van takes you.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Hi & sorry to hear of you loss. You will always receive a warm welcome here , & as said keep us posted of you travels .
:welc:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back