New solar panel invention set to revolutionise Motorhomes (1 Viewer)

Ridgeway

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 10, 2012
Lausanne
Funster No
MH
NiBi Arto 85E
Exp
Since 2012
Well those that frequent sunny spots.....

Pretty sure this has been thought of before and there's probably some thread that'll get linked in here:)

What about if the Fiamma/Omnistore type wind out awnings used that flexible solar panel film (Powerfilm is one example) ? Seems we tend to wind them out to keep the sun off us and let it all go to waste and hope that our 2 panels on the roof catch all we need. OK I know the limit is often storing power rather that catching it as such but I reckon this would be an option that would suit many people.

Probably the films aren't as efficient as a good panel but the free surface area should help. Also you'd still need a classic roof panel as the awning isn't up when you're driving(n)

Or should I just get my coat:D

138go

Free Member
Feb 26, 2016
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2001
Seems a good idea but you will need a bigger awning housing to take the thicker material. Don't think the solar panels will roll up as tight as you want then to so you will have to wait until someone invents the material with built in solar collector. If manufacturers want it someone will find a way to make it.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Don't just think it and post it here .... DO IT ... and when you are a millionaire in two years' time remember it was I who encouraged you. :)

138go

Free Member
Feb 26, 2016
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2001
I've just sent in my PATENT APPLICATION ...:cool:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 8, 2016
silver coast, portugal
Funster No
MH
C Class: Low profile
Exp
Boatie for 20 years
From what I have seen of those efforts tearing themselves apart in gales, wind generation would appear to be a far more viable option than solar generation

Jul 13, 2008
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Since 2007
I think the main problem is storage, no point producing loads of solar energy with no where to store it for use when the sun ain't shining.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Barry C H

Free Member
Nov 3, 2017
Funster No
Well when the wind gets up the awning goes in,and as for solar power we have spent 4 months in the winter in Spain for many years without a problem.people in the know don’t use wind turbines

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back