New Snipe Version 2 Selfsat Camping Motorhome Satellite Dish Single LNB (1 Viewer)

louie8888

Free Member
Jul 16, 2016
london
Funster No
MH
hymer
Exp
newbiw
Hi , All i would like to ask about the new snipe version 2 has anyone used one and if so has there been any faults and what the reception has been like ? As i have looked at the snipe pro max but WOW big money .Is it really worth it ?

Thank you all for any info you can give me on outside the uk and in the uk .

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Le Repaire,Thiviers,France
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
Cant tell you any thing about them but I have noticed price from Germany has gone up £100 since referendum..so maybe worth hanging on for a few weeks till they realise they are taking the P**s .

OP
OP
L

louie8888

Free Member
Jul 16, 2016
london
Funster No
MH
hymer
Exp
newbiw
Hi ,Thank you for that. I am just not sure at this time it looks like a nice bit of kit but for the max its big money like £1200 and i have seen the new snipe version 2 for about £650 in the uk .With a 2 year guarantee.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 22, 2013
Halifax
Funster No
MH
Relay self-build
Exp
Trainee MH owner
I installed a Snipe 2 on my PVC last month and it seems to work well with a 12v Humax 1000 receiver. The installation process was pretty straightforward (for a self-builder!) and we got great reception on a recent stay in North Northumberland.

The only issue I had was in trying to supply the controller with a regulated 12v supply. The stepper motors used to position the dish did not work happily with the regulator and I ended up removing the regulator. SInce the Snipe is intended for use in automotive applications, I do not expect anything in the 12-15v range to upset it really....

OP
OP
L

louie8888

Free Member
Jul 16, 2016
london
Funster No
MH
hymer
Exp
newbiw
Hi , Thank you for all the info. It was just the max pro was £1200 and that was a lot of money as i can get snipe 2 for £650 . And found it hard to justify that cost .

RowleyBirkinQC

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 20, 2014
Dazed & Confused
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2007
We put a Snipe 2 on the van yesterday as a replacement for the original version. Only limited tests so far, but the mechanics seem a lot smoother/quieter in comparison, given the new controller presumably the software is also upgraded. Worked without issue locking on to Astra 2 in conjunction with Avtex with built in FTA satellite receiver.

OP
OP
L

louie8888

Free Member
Jul 16, 2016
london
Funster No
MH
hymer
Exp
newbiw
Hi , Thanks sounds good did you get it in the uk ? And May i ask how much you paid ?.

RowleyBirkinQC

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 20, 2014
Dazed & Confused
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2007
We bought ours in the UK from Red Apple (details in "link directory" on here) for £610 a few weeks ago, before the Brexit currency fluctuations kicked in. The units ship from Germany complete with base plate, cables etc, we ordered on a Friday and it arrived on Tuesday.

Edit:

Price has gone up, they also sell on eBay and may have different deals on there?

Last edited:
OP
OP
L

louie8888

Free Member
Jul 16, 2016
london
Funster No
MH
hymer
Exp
newbiw
Hi ,Once again thank you for the info .That is the place i was looking at

Thanks

Sep 22, 2013
Halifax
Funster No
MH
Relay self-build
Exp
Trainee MH owner
The service we got from RedApple was excellent. The courier lost the initial shipment in their Tamworth warehouse, but RedApple wasted no time and got another shipped from Germany for us. (The original turned up about a month late and was returned!)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back