LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2007
Rotherham South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
Since 2005
ITV already have a subscription website.

Hi,

https://itvessentials.com/ gives access to Coronation Street and Emmerdale - but at a price.

Catch up with Corrie and Emmerdale when you are away from home!
Packages to suit you, ongoing subscription or 30-day pass

It seems expensive for just the two programmes, but then I am not a soap fan so wont mind missing either.

Ginny

DogShowDiva

Free Member
Dec 28, 2013
Sotogrande
Funster No
MH
Pilote Atlantis
Exp
Since 2004
Down in Sotogrande ... lost all BBC and expect ITV to go next week :Smile:
Not the end of the world as plenty of other channels to watch :Smile:

No doubt more will go but I think its a case of just sitting back and waiting

Feb 8, 2014
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Eldis Majestic 115
Exp
Vans and tugs since mid 70's
Taken from another site: (http://skyinmadrid.com/pages/news.html)

FIRST RECEPTION REPORTS
British people living abroad have been affected by the changes, but that all nationalities in all parts of Europe are genuinely dismayed by the loss of the BBC......

I think when we return to home at end of the month I will remove the Mobilesat system from our MH and start using the IPTV system, bye bye satellite TV.
very sad outcome, I've only a small Megasat dish so probably won't work anywhere in middle France:Angry:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Billy23

Free Member
Feb 10, 2012
On a planet...far, ....far away.
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
On and off 1995
Taken from another site: (http://skyinmadrid.com/pages/news.html)

FIRST RECEPTION REPORTS
British people living abroad have been affected by the changes, but that all nationalities in all parts of Europe are genuinely dismayed by the loss of the BBC.
GERMANY
BBC channels have disappeared from the north around Hanover through Munich and to the Austrian border. Previously, 60 to 90cm dishes were enough. Dishes of around 120cm may be needed. This is guesswork, no-one needed dishes this big before.
POLAND
A 1.0m dish has lost BBC near the German border, 100km east from Berlin.
ITALY
No BBC for most in the centre and south. 1.5m is OK in Verona, 1.25m in Milan. Between this area and Rome, 1.8 to 2.5 metres. Further south, in Potenza, Basilicata (well south of Rome), a monster 3.4 metre Prodelin dish is receiving the the UK Spot beam.
FRANCE
Large scale losses from the southernmost quarter of the country. Typically dishes have been 80-90cm in the past. In some areas, a re-tune and a better LNB will get the signals back, but with little rain margin. A 120cm. may be needed. Near the border with Catalunya, the signal is worse. There is a report of a well-tuned 90 cm retaining the BBC between Cannes and Nice, but many reports of BBC loss in the region, roughly in a line drawn eastwards and westwards north of Toulouse.
GREECE
Complete loss of BBC in all reports.
NORTH AFRICA
Tunisia and Tangiers, loss of BBC on 2 metre dishes. Perhaps surprisingly, the BBC was easy to receive in N. Africa.
SWEDEN
Losses on 1.2m dishes. 1.5 to 1.8m may be needed in most parts of the country.
NORWAY
Dishes of 90cm used to be OK in the south, but not now. Upgrades to 120cm may be needed.
CANARIES
Dishes of 2.4 to 3.2 now necessary. A good quality, and expensive, 2.4m ChannelMaster type is needed with a top quality LNB. Reports of BBC loss on 3.2m dishes in Tenerife.
PORTUGAL
From the centre of the country southwards, little or no signal is being received on dishes of 3 metres. In Coimbra, a 1.5m will give a just-about adequate signal with no rain margin. In Villa Real, in the north, 1.8m works OK. The Algarve is a BBC disaster zone. Nothing on any size dish, even 3 metres and up.
SPAIN
The lower third of the country has lost all BBC. Dishes of 3 metres are receiving no signal in Costa Del Sol. Most dishes in the Málaga region are 1.2m (1.3m vertically) which will just get the Europe beam used by Sky's pay channels. However, no BBC, ITV, Channel Four and associated channels will be received, even with a Sky subscription. The only ITV channels which can be received are ITV 2,3,4 in HD as part of the Sky HD pack.
The cut off point seems to be around Mojájar. To the north, some dishes are still working. To the south, there are no reports of any dish of any size still receiving the BBC. In Quesada, 1.8m is OK, as is a 1.9m in Alicante. In Benidorm, 1.2m is OK. Mazarrón seems to be OK with 1.8m. A 2.4m in this region gives good rain margin.
In Asturias, Cantabria and the Basque country, many dishes have stopped working. 1.2m to 1.5m may now be needed. In León, a 1.5 receives nothing, as does an 80cm in Vitoria-Gasteiz. In the Balearics, many dishes are still working.
Barcelona and Catalunya are now in a dead spot, with no measureable signal. Previously, 80-90cm dishes were used. The signal starts to appear again south of Tarragona, and north of the French border, but nothing in between.
More reports to follow.
In all cases, well-installed dishes with high quality components have fared better. Many installations are not up to standard, or have been affected by strong winds, rain, or extreme sunlight. In some cases, a re-tune will help, or a better LNB. (more to follow on this subject)

ITV AND CHANNEL FOUR SWITCH LIKELY MONDAY NIGHT
The ITV One and Channel Four group of channels are expected to move to Astra 2E in the early hours of Tuesday morning, 11th. February.
-------------------------------------------------------------

I think when we return to home at end of the month I will remove the Mobilesat system from our MH and start using the IPTV system, bye bye satellite TV.

Of course, it wont make any difference, but if only 15% of the people in those countries pay for Sky, I am guessing that a lot will cancel subscription to Sky, because BBC and ITV whilst not the only reason to pay for Sky, it is a big part of it.

I think it will cost Sky a lot of money!:Smile:

Emmenay

Free Member
Dec 11, 2011
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-tiki 600
Exp
Since 2011
satellites.co.uk have someone compiling a reception report map based on all the data some of use have been receiving.

It gives good indications as to what sized dishes are required where for the 2E uk beam

View the map here:

https://maps.google.co.uk/maps/ms?m...l=54.876607,-4.064941&spn=10.228184,19.753418

Many Many thanks for the time and effort devoted to this subject, judging by the amount of websites you have been posting on you have been at it non stop!
Hopefully when I get home to San Miguel de Salinas I will still have a good enough signal as I did with Astra 2F......:thumb:

Satandpcguy

Funster
Jun 18, 2008
Gandia, Valencia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
None
The remaining ITVS and C4s that were on Astra 1N have now also moved to the UK beams on 2E.

Signal reception of these is now similar to bbc channels that moved last week

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
I've had no response to my Faroes query from anyone up there, they all watch Scandi stuff I suppose.

Is there a definitive footprint map of coverage anywhere yet? Google it and I come up with multi versions. I see that Sweden and Norway are iffy but if the footprint is anything like the old one I may still be lucky on the north west edge.

Teasy2007

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2007
Rotherham South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
Since 2005
The remaining ITVS and C4s that were on Astra 1N have now also moved to the UK beams on 2E.

Signal reception of these is now similar to bbc channels that moved last week

We have lost ITV and Channel 4 at La Manga, but we still have ITV2HD, ITV3HD and ITV4 so we can still watch Corrie on catchup! Happy days!

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
We are in Javea using a 1 meter dish picking up Irish BBC1 and BBC2 UTV all Channel 5's channel 4hd and 4 seven ITV and ITV +1 ITV2 +1 vintage true moves true entertainment true drama pick pick+1 CBS reality food network horror, and various other rubbish.
::bigsmile:

Bob.

Satandpcguy

Funster
Jun 18, 2008
Gandia, Valencia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
None
I've had no response to my Faroes query from anyone up there, they all watch Scandi stuff I suppose.

Is there a definitive footprint map of coverage anywhere yet? Google it and I come up with multi versions. I see that Sweden and Norway are iffy but if the footprint is anything like the old one I may still be lucky on the north west edge.

There is no official map from SES.
Why would they publish data for a beam which should nt be available outside the UK !

In an earlier post I did give a link to a "enthusiast" map - collating reception reports from all over.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back