Free Member
Sep 28, 2008
Bridgenorth
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
5 years
The company i work for are currently looking to build a new 5 star touring park in ludlow.
There will be approx 135 pitches mainly hardstanding and super pitches.
I have only been once to ludlow but intend to do some research there over the next few weeks because there is a good chance my wife and i will be managers there.
Looking at the plans it ilooks to be very nice and right next to the river.
How many on here would look at ludlow as a place to visit?

Thanks all Dave

Dalek

Free Member
Apr 26, 2010
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Roller Team 600
Exp
18 months
Just Googled Ludlow and it certainly looks a place well worth a visit :thumb:

Dale & Family

Loujess

Free Member
Jan 10, 2010
Leeds UK
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
Definitely. We were down that way last year; I think we visited Church Stretton (emergency vet was good), Much Wenlock and Bewdley, not in that order, before we veered west to Wales. Beautiful scenery and countryside. ::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

Ivy

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
Been to Ludlow a few times Dave. Lovely part of the world, esspecially the castle. Lovely place to live IMO.

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Love Ludlow. The castle, the Festival, the market, the antique shops, the deli, the Tea Rooms. Sunday lunch haunt of motorbikers - like Matlock.

Which side of Ludlow?

Forgot - the Pubs!!!!!

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
Although Ludlow is only 20 miles from me, with the price of fuel I will be looking at staying closer to home so it'll be ideal!

Ludlow is a lovely little market town with a growing reputation for good restaurants as well as a super place to potter around the castle and shops.

There are beer, food and cultural festivals as well as a Medieval Fayre every year.

the stig

Funster
Oct 10, 2009
Grimsby
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Since 2009
it would be a fare way to go for us, but sounds like it would be worth it. Something to look forward to.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Although Ludlow is only 20 miles from me, with the price of fuel I will be looking at staying closer to home so it'll be ideal!

Ludlow is a lovely little market town with a growing reputation for good restaurants as well as a super place to potter around the castle and shops.

There are beer, food and cultural festivals as well as a Medieval Fayre every year.

12 or so years ago, I used to spend 3 months a year in Ludlow working nearby, plenty of pubs and 3 chippy's and that was it, a dive. Now I hear they boast a couple of Michelin star restaurants, how things change. I like Shropshire, so I would definitely look at the site.

paulmold

Free Member
Jun 15, 2009
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
7 year (25yrs a tugger)
We love the area around Ludlow/Hereford and were there in October but I assume the company mentioned is Morris Leisure and at a low season price of £22 for pitch & 2 people for the Bridgenorth and Shrewsbury sites, I doubt we would use it. We went to the C&CC site at Hereford and that cost us £16.62.

TDH

Jun 22, 2009
Powys/Shropshire border
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Loads
Somebody just asked about which end of Ludlow - its quite important to get it right.

If you turn right at the top of the hill you find the touristy bit - its OK but a bit overblown with the restaurants referred to by Jim charging astronomical prices.

If you turn left however its the wild west - generalising I know, but high levels of unemployment (the worst in Shropshire), bigtime social deprivation and pretty high levels of crime and anti-social behaviour.

Hey Jim, the pubs a bit closer to where you were working were better - particularly The Sun. Norman is still there, casting his magic spells in the brewery. The food at The Crown was pretty good in those days as well.

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
If you turn left however its the wild west

Oh how that makes me laugh, once upon a time in a previous but slightly parallel existence, we were Ansells Mystery Customers. There were 3 pubs we used to have to go to in Ludlow. One was a fab place well outside the town, with really nice ambience, decor, staff and food. Then we had to go on to a student pub in the centre where the food was really cheap and it was OK - but basically beefburgers and chips with everything, nothing fancy! Live music venue at weekends. Interesting smell usually ..... herbal I'd say ..... Loos were somewhere down the back, only barely not outside loos! The third was a large faceless pub on an estate. The sort of pub they used to build when they built these estates. A bit like where Daisy and Onslow lived, complete with old bedsteads in the front gardens. I use the last word in the loosest sense. The pub usually only had about 3 customers midweek - and we were 2 of them.

Bit difficult to go out for the evening suitably dressed for all 3 really .......

May 8, 2010
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2010
Ludlow's our favourite town. We often go there. Were there last week - commenting that what the town needs is a good campsite within walking distance of town centre pubs/restaurants etc. Any clues as to whereabouts the proposed site will be? We'll definitely give it a try. It's an ideal weekend location for us.

TDH

Jun 22, 2009
Powys/Shropshire border
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Loads
If you turn left however its the wild west

Oh how that makes me laugh, once upon a time in a previous but slightly parallel existence, we were Ansells Mystery Customers. There were 3 pubs we used to have to go to in Ludlow. One was a fab place well outside the town, with really nice ambience, decor, staff and food. Then we had to go on to a student pub in the centre where the food was really cheap and it was OK - but basically beefburgers and chips with everything, nothing fancy! Live music venue at weekends. Interesting smell usually ..... herbal I'd say ..... Loos were somewhere down the back, only barely not outside loos! The third was a large faceless pub on an estate. The sort of pub they used to build when they built these estates. A bit like where Daisy and Onslow lived, complete with old bedsteads in the front gardens. I use the last word in the loosest sense. The pub usually only had about 3 customers midweek - and we were 2 of them.

Bit difficult to go out for the evening suitably dressed for all 3 really .......

That's the place (the third)!!! One of the rougher pubs had one of the funniest sights I've seen. It had closed down, the windows were generally filthy (the ones that weren't boarded up) with horrible manky net behind them. On the inside of one of the downstairs windows somebody had wiped off some of the grime and stuck a creased, brown envelope, with, written in a scruffy hand in pencil 'Elvis Lives'. It was so surreal and really struck my funny bone.:roflmto:

Sep 27, 2007
Shropshire based
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
started in 2001
Yes, Ludlow is a very interesting town to visit, and there as also a very good Motorhome dealership there......Moran motorhomes, so you could spent lots of dosh.

Nomadic

OP
OP
david price

david price

Free Member
Sep 28, 2008
Bridgenorth
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
5 years
The site is going to be off the old 449 about a mile out of town.I think its the old 449?
Yes i would agree the pitch fees are not cheap but out of main season and bank holidays we do 3 nights for the price of two.also a large site with heated showerblocks etc is never going to compete with the price of a c/l c/s.
From my point of view it also deters the sort of campers we dont want.I am normally in the office 7.30 am preparing for the day,we have a 1 hour lunch break then shut the office/shop at five.Pitch and answer the phone upto 8pm.i do a final check at 10 pm but am on call for emergencies.I do not want to be going out at 11.30pm each night asking people to keep the noise down.Thankfully even when site is fully booked i rarely have to tell people about the noise.Yes not cheap but we get alot of people coming back time and time again so they must be doing something right.

Dave
Ps as manager i may be able to sort out a funsters discount in low season

Brian and Jo

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 24, 2007
oswestry,shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class N+B Arto 88F
Exp
Been motorhoming for 15yrs.had an American RV for 7yrs,Now got a Niesmann Bischoff Arto 88F
new site

hi there dave,ludlow is only about 45mins in the rv for us so as long as access is good we would definatley look at it for long weekends:winky: regards brian jo and josh p.s.if they are going to cater for RV,s then it would be a good string to their bow:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back