New shoes! (1 Viewer)

May 17, 2016
Aberdeenshire
Funster No
MH
B524
Exp
2nd base
Afternoon folks. I am looking for options for making my old camper a bit easier on the eye. The steel wheels are a bit messy, they did have trims on them before but lost most of them on a trip to Luxembourg. I personally hate wheel trims anyway.

I was thinking of getting them blasted and powder coated or would I be as well getting a new set of alloys perhaps?

It's a 1991 Talbot Express. What details would I need to start looking for second hand sets of wheels that would fit? If I took the tyre code of the current set would that give me what I need?

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Doubt it. Tyres will fit any wheel with the correct width and diameter.

You need the rim size, PDC and offset.

Something like 15" J7 & PDC 100.

15" is obviously the diameter
J7 is the width and offset
PDC is the distance between stud holes
Then there's the center hole as that also carries the weight along with the studs/bolts.

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Depends on how much money you want to spend. A new set of alloys look very nice and a good supplier can make sure you get the correct sizes, but you'll pay up to £500. I'd always be a bit suspicious of second hand alloys unless you know their history and that they are suitably rated for the heavier weight of a M/H - you should never use ordinary car alloys.

Having the existing wheels shot-blasted and repainted seems to me to be a good economical way of smartening things up. Not sure if powder coating is worth it but I'm sure someone has had it done and can advise.

A can of tyre black also goes a long way to beautifying things too.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back