New Schauldt battery Booster (B2B?)on the way (1 Viewer)

Jun 6, 2012
Leeds
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2012
I'm seeing 27.7A charging my leisure batteries at the moment on the Autoroute following quite a heavy demand night (running a 12v cool box overnight for my Brother in law) one my Euro 6 Ducato PVC with a Shauldt EBL 119 and no Charge booster / b2b Charger.
The charge rate appears to taper off as the battery approaches full View attachment 245279
Is that a Victron BMV700 with Bluetooth to display the info?

OP
OP
gerry mcg

gerry mcg

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2016
Glasgow, Scotland
Funster No
MH
Globecar 600L Revn
Exp
since 2016
Thanks @gerry mcg that IS useful to know (y)

For the moment I am just going to see how my (now) twin batteries manage :) before I add any more goodies
FWIW. I would go for twin leisure batteries, then add a solar panel (150w?) and a good quality MPPT controller ( victron or votronic) in pretty short order,
And see how it performs under your use.

You might well find you don't need a b2b, depending on your use and Base vehicle ;)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
Take care with wire colours, black is sometimes negative but not always. On my EBL29 the leisure battery positive connection was black (marked schwarz) and the negative brown (marked braun).

The wiring connection 2 is how I connected my 1212-45 and all appears to be working well.
Oh how right you were! when I added the extra battery the live was black and the negative brown ........

C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
FWIW. I would go for twin leisure batteries, then add a solar panel (150w?) and a good quality MPPT controller ( victron or votronic) in pretty short order,
And see how it performs under your use.

You might well find you don't need a b2b, depending on your use and Base vehicle ;)

Extra battery fitted yesterday, just gonna try it for a couple of weeks and then re assess the situation :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back